VM LiveView Lite for rFactor & rFactor2

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Frank Geyer, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

VM LiveView Lite for rFactor & rFactor2 - 11th April 2013

Download

View attachment vmliveviewsetup.20130411.utf8.rar

MD5:
    f690b6d5a11fdc4f5b7c2a9bdc7a471e

SHA1:
    2d7a68572244835209ddc37091845e8a2e766efb

rFactor2 Plugins only as per latest Build 880 and Internal Plugins V6

View attachment VMHotlaps2.zip Build Date: 28. November 2014

MD5:
    7C68295F69709B82FC858D042650571A

SHA1:
    9F48750E8F3CBD7F78674E88B486E1DB3C021FE0

rFactor2 Plugins only as per latest Build 982 and Internal Plugins V7

View attachment VMHotlaps2.zip Build Date: 16. August 2015

MD5:
    26DAB7B1DF120F6A5525DF2C52D5C91F

SHA1:
    2685781E4525C4705DB4756A1EB84AE014347594

Documentation

The composed directory and file structure within the suite ".rar" file is more or less analogical to the directory or file structure of each component required to run this live timing suite. As already mentioned, an APACHE-PHP-MYSQL environment is required to run this live timing. In some directories you will find one or more ".example" file(s) to give you a direct indication what to change and/or add to the corresponding configuration file of each component. Always take a look into the annexed "Readme.txt" in the root of the suite ".rar" file.

Installation

Spread the files and folders across your environment, install the database (either use the "setup.php" within the "..\apache\htdocs\vmliveview\" folder or the "vmliveview.db.manual.setup.sql" within the "..\mysql\" folder - in case you use the manual database installation file, you also have to create and configure the corresponding database user for reading/writing the database) and modify both configuration files ("inc.mysqli.conn.php" and "rFactorSL.exe" / "rFactorSLC.cfg") correspondent to your environment.

Desired Start sequence (assuming APM is up and running): rFactorSL.exe >>> rFactor Dedicated Server
    Desired Shutdown sequence (assuming APM is up and running): rFactor Dedicated Server >>> rFactorSL.exe

In case you have more than 1 rFactor Dedicated Server running in your environment, you have to repeat the above steps independently for each rFactor Dedicated Server instance.

Each instance requires an independent but combined PHP-Scripts / rFactor Session Loader setup/configuration.

Code:
    ..\apache\htdocs\
                  |- vmliveview01\..
                  |- vmliveview02\..
                  |- vmliveview03\..

..\rFactor Session Loader\
                  |- instance01\..
                  |- instance02\..
                  |- instance03\..

Color Codes

Driver:
    Magenta = In Pits (Driving)
    Blue = In Pits (Stopped)
    Red = On Track (Slow)

CP (= Class Position) & Class:
    Gray = Unknown Class
    Others = Due to your site configuration

Gap (= Gap to Leader):
    Gray :: 1 Lap or more behind leader

Interval (= Gap to Next):
    Magenta = Within striking distance
    Gray = 1 Lap or more behind next

Sector1:
    Red = Slower than current personal best
    Green = Faster than current personal best

Sector2:
    Red = Slower than current personal best
    Green = Faster than current personal best

Example Site rFactor1

Monitor :: http://live.vxracing.de/vxtiming1/monitor.php

Hotlaps :: Click on the link "Hotlaps" within the "Session" field.

Laps :: Click on the link in the "Laps" column.

Marquee :: http://live.vxracing.de/vxtiming1/marquee.php

Server Status :: http://live.vxracing.de/vxtiming1/status.php

Example Site rFactor2

Monitor :: http://live.vxracing.de/vxtiming2/monitor.php

Hotlaps :: Click on the link "Hotlaps" within the "Session" field.

Laps :: Click on the link in the "Laps" column.

Marquee :: http://live.vxracing.de/vxtiming2/marquee.php

Server Status :: http://live.vxracing.de/vxtiming2/status.php

Source Codes

rFactor 2 Plugins (2016-12-11 unstable): rFactor2Plugins.zip
    SHA-256: 1AC852C5525CB221CA92DDEC874317FDC8D49E4DC05F7A4D4FAE5A8F3B2B0FB7

rFactor Session Loader (2016-12-11 unstable): rFactorSL.zip
    SHA-256: A6BDCBFA78676764CEFCA0ED904DB3719D8F2A8D70E43219E8B6F16E1F288804

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Top Class Frank This is what we been waiting for thanks for letting Accretion Racing be in on Beta testing.

@Frank Quick question on the VPS you recommend do they come with Apache and MYSQL already installed or do you have to install them on the VPS once you have rented it?

Ok If anyone finds a free hosting company where they can get this all set up please post links in here
    So others may use them

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
  3. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

@Dany: No, not on the VPS we use. But like I said - giving you a hand on this as soon as the VPS is up and running. It is really not that hard once you know it - and after all, you train the others if they need assistance ;)

4. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Sounds like a plan We are still waiting On the Guy to set up our VPS so I am now guessing it will be tomorrow

Edit: we got an email from Him today we are just waiting on an activation code then we will be good to go

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  5. keptanx

keptanx Registered

hi,
    can i put live view in world press web site.

6. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi keptanx,

what do you mean by "world press"? Or did you mean WordPress (a CMS system). If so, you might use "iframes" ... but I don't know much about WordPress.

Cheers
    Frank

7. keptanx

keptanx Registered

hi

I mean thet my web site is build whit world press system

8. keptanx

keptanx Registered

9. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

OK, WordPress. It should work the same way you implemented the rFactor Hotlaps Marquee. Just give it a try. ;)

10. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Ok so We now have This amazing Bit of Work fully integrated in to our new web site

http://sr4l.com/index.php

please take a look and tell me what you think I will be working on running the Marquee across the top of the site as a full width band rather the from with in a block but I think it still works very well

11. dlecoutre

dlecoutre Registered

Interesting. It would be nice if you could do it with GWT, that way the page will stop blinking because of the refresh.

12. dlecoutre

dlecoutre Registered

I was just thinking, it would be nice to be able to translate the x,y,z coordinate into a GPS coordinate and plot your position on google map. I'll have a look at that.

13. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi dlecoutre,

Does it also blink with FF and Chrome? So far I only get the blinking sometimes during page refresh with IE.

I didn't wanna use any kind of tool kits like GWT or JQUERY and FLASH or Silverlight and stick with the basics. In this way, any who is capable of doing a little PHP with CSS is able to do their own customizations as required. Of course you can do everything you like with the data loaded into the database and write your own monitor with every technique out there right now.

So far x,y,z world coordinates are not written with the plugin to the XML file nor loaded into the database. The track scanner is plotted only in conjunction with the lap distance of the track and the lap distance of the vehicles (vehicles position on track) itself. But it would be nice to have a second page where the track is plotted from scratch and the vehicles following the track regarding to their respective position. So far I don't know who to achieve this programmatically :( ... but hopefully in a while.

Cheers
    Frank

14. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

To whom who might be interested.

Updated download link in 1st post. Added a basic Session Recovery Utility (rFactorSR.exe within folder rFactorSL). This utility works in conjunction with the files in folder GridInfo, generated by the loader.

Have fun.

Cheers
    Frank

15. dlecoutre

dlecoutre Registered

It blink each time it refresh under safari. It's fine under Chrome.
    It should be easy to map the x-y coordinate with a 2d map. You'll just have to scale it with any map.

16. Stream

Stream Registered

Hi, it seems that when we run Norwegian locale on the game server, no split times are available, and hotlaps overview is empty.

This is typically logged in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Utilities\rFactorSL\Logs\<current_session.log> (many thousand lines logged -):

Code:
    "08.03.2012 18:46:47.597";"SQL Error";"sqlLoadData() Insert Laps into table `xlaps` Msg: (Konvertering fra strengen -1.000 til typen Integer er ikke gyldig.)"
    "08.03.2012 18:46:47.597";"XML Error";"xmlCurrentScoringLoad() Msg: (Konvertering fra strengen -1.000 til typen Integer er ikke gyldig.) URL: (file://C|/Game_Servers/rFactor2/VMHotlaps/CurrentScoring.xml)"

"08.03.2012 18:59:28.905";"SQL Error";"sqlLoadData() Insert Laps into table `xlaps` Msg: (Konvertering fra strengen -1.000 til typen Integer er ikke gyldig.)"
    "08.03.2012 18:59:28.905";"XML Error";"xmlCurrentScoringLoad() Msg: (Konvertering fra strengen 24.214 til typen Integer er ikke gyldig.) URL: (file://C|/Game_Servers/rFactor2/VMHotlaps/CurrentScoring.xml)"
    In EN it means:
    "Converting from string 24.214 to type Integer is not valid"

For NO locale we use comma (,) as decimal separator instead of of dot (.). Might be some problem with that?

17. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi Stream,

yes u are right ... I will check that for the loader.

Can you do me a favor and switch your system locale to English - just for testing and see how the loader behaves ... thank you!

Frank

PS: Just curious - is the "|" behind the "//C" within "file://C|/Game_Servers/rFactor2/VMHotlaps/CurrentScoring.xml" really a "|" in the config file of the loader or is it a ":"?

18. Stream

Stream Registered

Hi, it works fine when we set English UK locale settings.

It's a "|" in the config - probably a typo there ;)

19. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi Stream,

thanx! Good to know!

Yeah ... poo-poo happens and nobody is perfect ;)

I am doing a complete rework of double conversion within the loader regarding the different system locales. I thought developing and testing on German and English system would be efficient enough, but like I said, nobody is ... ;)

Cheers
    Frank

20. xoa

xoa Registered

It nearly works, logs are empty, the Session Loader shows the correct info, but when I try to access the Monitor with the browser I get "Database connection error.". I've checked the setting and they seem to be ok.

The only thing I don't understand is how to configure the inc.mysqli.conn.php.

EDIT:

I found a entry in the log in the vmviewerlite in the apache dir:
    Error Msg: (Access denied for user 'vmliveview01dbw'@'localhost'

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012