In Car Shadow bug and Temporary fix

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jameswesty, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

When I start into the game in the in-car view the in car shadows are not drawing properly just get a general flickering. But If I go to an outside car view and then back to the inside view this then makes the in car shadows show and draw properly ( all be it with some flickering around the edges).

On the subject of lighting The HDR is still far to bright at the moment and the in car shadows should be about 40-50% darker than they are for the lighting outside , I also noticed that there is allot of flickering with the shadows in general , and the distance shadows cull point is far to noticeable.

I'm sure game play bugs are more of a priority at the moment than visual polish and the lighting will come along later in the beta :)

I would also be interested to know what sort of options will be available with the HDR profiles If they will allow me to set the contrast of the screen in general as well as the range and timing between the transition from light to dark that would be really cool. (I'm sure I will find out in good time I just want more things to play with lol)

Eddit: I have also found if I turn HDR off , when I load a track I just get pitch black screen that shows on the race monitor and when I join the track everything is pitch black as well. I assume there is just something funky going on with the HDR settings, I will play around some more and if I can see a pattern then I will make a bug post unless its a known issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
  2. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Had the same problem---

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3893-Black-screen-on-track-solution :)