The first update - Build 60

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Terrific, but rF2 is rF2, it had nothing to do with those other games. Reporting the performance properly will help you, it'll help you much more than reporting to us what other games do...

2. gniewko

gniewko Registered

Everything works fine! the update doubled my FPS! I actually hardly see the FPS difference between rf1 and 2! Thank you guys! Well done!

3. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Well, first i would like to thanks ISI for they effort. Nice to see that update even if we had 1 month without feedback...

Second, I don't know how you guys test your fps but mine are really well tested and i don't see "any diference"...

First my Specs

Q6600 @3600mhz
    6GB DDR2 @ 961mhz
    HD 5870
    OCZ agility 3 120GB

I test always offline, 10 cars in track (Estoril), AI driving and camera ALWAYS in cockpit of last car.

Mesure average fps in one full lap with Fraps always with all cars in front of me and....

1680x1050 Everything maxed out except AA that i don't use...

Before update 32fps average in one full lap!
    After update 35fps average in one full lap! ....

Nothing new here :(

CPU is less than 50% used and GPU is used 60% (maximum)....

Performance don't made my day....

4. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I can see image improvements but performance doubled FPS only up to high settings and everything else off. from there its the same.
    altough I now run at sepang arround 120FPS not bad. and if I turn shadows to medium it drops to 60/70 and smoothness is gone. is that normal that huge drop?

|
    |
    |
    |

yeah now nick is the online race name

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
  5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Same here ika ... ???? anyone ??

6. fideco

fideco Registered

Really a good job, Tim
    After the update, i get:
    1) Better AI (smarter)
    2) Visual improvements
    3) A solid 60 fps Hardware V-sync
    4) A smoother gaming
    5) No particular issues on my system
    Keep up the good work!!
    Cheers
    Giorgio

7. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Frames went up about 40% which is nice, but somehow the steering feels different, hard to describe, almost like a little lag. Others in our league forum report the same.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

grid starts I have a 10% FPS decrease (Meganes at most tracks), I did just install the new update over the old build so tomorrow I will perform a fresh/clean install and check again....plus I've had a few beers so not exactly able to "drive" properly to check racing FPS ;)

9. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

The update went smooth and error free for me. I haven't spent a lot of time in game yet. But my initial impressions are positive. I am seeing an increase in frame rates, and I can run the game on a combination of High/full settings smoothly. This update shows that ISI is moving in a positive direction with rF2, IMO. Thanks guys!

10. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

We love that kind of reply. Sounds great that the update went smooth for you. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

11. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Not quite that harsh for me but I've definitely lost some performance. Using the same settings as before I've lost about 5 fps (from 35 -> 30 and under at times), and it doesn't pick up like it used to when the AI cars (running with 19 AI cars and 20 cars visible).

Another thing I noticed was that whereas there used to be a big difference in performance between various AA levels, now I get essentially equal performance with AA lvl2 (4xAA) and AA turned off, with 10 visible cars vs. 20, and with environment reflections turned on or off. It always hovers right around the 30 fps mark, or under.

FWIW CPU utilization is still very low (about 20-25% max when racing) and GPU doesn't go above 90%, ever. When the AI is close it can go down to around 82% average, but not every time, CPU utilization doesn't change in a noticeable way.

Would have liked those performance upgrades others are enjoying too... =)

EDIT: Install process itself went totally smoothly for me, no problems there.

12. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Tested with full graphics in game and rFactor config, didn't use any new Vsync options ,should I?,
    Meganes at Mills with 25 AI 10:30AM
    Practice : Fraps = before update without SLI 65-90 After update 75-95 Stable
    before update With SLI 20-90 Unstable Slow Down at corners and near pits

Race: Field of 25 Meganes After Update without SLI 60-90 Stable no slow down
    With SLI 65-130 Very Stable No slow down at all

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Interesting. Please also post a thread and try to collect together anyone else who has similar results if you can.

14. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

awesome increase in framerates... thanks alot.

triple 23" on (2) GTX 470's from 50-60fps before update to now 75-110 fps... you just saved me a few hundred dollars in graphic upgrades. I was about to make a jump.

15. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

So what I'm seeing is that around 5 or so ATi users got performance increases, many of them using older model GPU's, and another 5 got either no increases or decreased performance, often with newer GPU's.

All of the nVidia users I spotted reported increased performance, at least 9 people.

16. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Will do.

EDIT: Done, added mine in the ATI performance issues thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
  17. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Hesitate to point it out but those with high performance cards, (especially ATI) and framerate issues that didn't improve hugely, it seems rFactor isn't using the second GPU.

18. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Seems to be smoother in game, not really more FPS, but now it's more stable and look better.
    No problem in update/installation process

I have a SLI, and now with SLI active I can play with rFactor2, but I have the performances of one card, not two cards. Same FPS with SLI disable and SLI enabled (between 35 and 80 FPS).

SLI with 2x nVidia 460 GTX, drivers 285.62

19. Tiger

Tiger Registered

tested before update @140fps , nvidia gtx570, core I5 3.8ghz 8gb ram, and now, with update, over 180fps easy :), comfortable, no lag, no latency problem, if I set hdr on, not much difference! (just look nicer, a bit)
    ruled as this : antialiasing x8, and anisotropic x4, everything is smotth and really fine!
    thanks ISI :cool:

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

By just applying the update and not touching any settings (in rF2 or in Windows/ATI), I see no change in frame rates from build 49and I still need to use SSAA to have anything other than a jaggies-filled screen :(

I hope I am missing something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.