Searspoint Track + vmod + update packaging Test Release

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mianiak, Feb 17, 2012.

1. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Just a progress update.

1 down, 4 to go. I'm rebuilding the 5 key buildings on the track. This is race control, I have garages, grandstand, Audi building and the other building next to the garages (I don't know what it's called, it might be administration or something).

I have been advised that between 3k and 4k tri's is acceptable for key buildings, this model came in at 3220 tri's and needs just a little bit more work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. rci808

rci808 Registered

it's the NHRA drag racing timing and scoring tower i think you speak of.

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Ahh thanks, its these 2 buildings in this pic http://g.co/maps/vw3eq the one on the right is this one I just made, and there is the one on the left, in between the grandstand and the garages. I don't know what they are called.

btw, since I have your attention, the checkerd pattern on the podium area, is that angled like it is in this image? or is it just this sat image that makes it look like that?

4. rci808

rci808 Registered

yes the satelite image is correct, if i remember right.. those are actually plastic tiles.

5. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

excellent job on that building Mianiak... all the little details are right. very nice.

6. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Good stuff, thanks for the info :)

[ED] Thanks Kristoff

7. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Does v1.3 include the contents of the previous two patches?

8. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

9. Eero Forsblom

Eero Forsblom Registered

Like Toonce said, could have slightly more bumps and whatnots, though I really can't say because I've never driven there and I really don't know the track from elsewhere that well.

Anyways, a really nice track IMO the best release for rf2 so far. I get around 130-160 fps too, yay (no hdr).

10. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Just installed and ran this track (just outlap to make sure it was working).

Track works fine offline. I have my shadows on, but they came and went as the car made it's way around the track (viewing replay). First impression is that this is a great layout, with a lot of good work done to recreate it for the sim. I'll give it a good go later against a bunch of AI and will test it on the ORA server after our RF2 fun night next week, but can foresee some pretty enjoyable sprint races here, especially in a field of 12+ cars....thumbs up so far, thanks.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm new here!I download it and tested it,great work and great track!

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Tested on my side, and it's a good interesting track, keep the great work to update and finalize this good attempt.

13. Alric

Alric Registered

Fantastic track mianiak. Very accurate build and the best so far by a mile for rf2. Love racing this circuit, so far this also gives me the best force feedback. Not sure if this is something you've done but for the first time I felt 'understeer' through my wheel when the track dropped off on the right at the high point of the track. I was like 'woah!' this is really good. Can't wait for you to upgrade the buildings etc and fine tune it.

14. evphelps

evphelps Registered

Fantastic work!
    No probs installing,no probs running.
    Some kerbs seem to have no ffb despite having rumble sounds,apart from that, first class.
    Ta very much...
    PS.I particularly liked the animated bumper car rink,nice touch!

15. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

Well done. Best track so far. But has anybody seen a yellow or blue flag?

16. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

Cant comment on blue but i have definitely not seen a yellow, i have noticed this on the Snetterton track as well, no yellows.

17. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Update 1.4 will have the Flag Marshalls, I only have the weekends to work on this track now, so its going to slow down a bit.

--------

Just a general note to everyone,
    Remember this whole process is merely just an experiment to test the packaging and updating system. It's not about the track, it just so happens that this track was my test subject from the beginning, which is why it's all part of this.
    If the track works, then its just a bonus for everyone, but as far as anything to do with the track, it's not my priority at this point in time to complete this project :)

18. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

In a race in cockpit view the blue flags and full course yellow works.
    Just we don't see any marshall.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Great!I had noticed that some kerbs in the last sector(curve 8-8a) have no grip,to mutch"slippery"!

20. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

How can i update this mode? I already download the update files but i dont know how to install...