Searspoint Track + vmod + update packaging Test Release

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mianiak, Feb 17, 2012.

1. RRobert

RRobert Registered

Thanks

2. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

Thanks! Really having fun with the Vintage F3 cars here.
    Installs and updates perfectly.

3. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

once again, i really love this track. have just finished a 20 lap race on it...againt AI
    and with the AI i noticed two problems:
    first: AIW near pit-entry. the AI drives too close to the tyres. in my 20 Lap Race there were over 4 crashes on that point with the AI driving into those tyres: View attachment 1293 result: View attachment 1294
    Also in that long, downhill, lefthand curve the AI drives quite a wide line (see picture below) and looses much time and has low exit-speed for the following straight...with this it is very easy to overtake them there. View attachment 1295
    Also the AI never uses the Kerbs...this gives you a big advantage at those tight corners.
    Once again: i love your work on this track! this is meant as constructive critisism, because i would love to drive it against even better AI! thx mianiak!
    EDIT: the AI even rams those tires when there is no car nearby (see first picture). so it has to be the Waypoints beeing to close to those tires. mianiak, you would make me very happy with an Update on those AIW's ;)

4. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

Right. Just Dl and installed this one with no issues whatso ever.

First of all I must say GOOD JOB on a fantastic buildt track. I am very pleased to see the quality of it in this early state. AIW and all should be fixed but I have no doubt about you doing it when that time comes. AI is way to slow and cautious around the bends. This is a track that enjoy rising the bends just slightly. iron out the details I am sure you already know about and this will definately be one of the GOOD ONES in the future. It really already is.

Pack in as much details as possible on highest details settings without it being a killer for even the power PC out there and the atmosphere around the track will be just spot on.

If you choose to keep making tracks for rF2 I will be very happy. Simjunkies will most definately use it for our leagues.(when that time comes to have leagues for rF2)

Ones again thank you for a very good start. Just keep up the quality and be picky about it :)

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The problem is, using a curb isn't cheating. Having 2 wheels on a curb is perfectly fair and acceptable. Don't worry about cheating. If you ruin the track to prevent cheating no one will use it anyway. Let that sort of thing take care of itself- or if you insist on it, put a big pothole or very deep loose gravel just over the curb on the inside. One trip into this obstacle and drivers will avoid it.

6. Allyc4t

Allyc4t Registered

He could add tyre bundles on the edge of the curbs in certain corners, like the ISI Estoril track, but also have an option w/o the tyre bundles

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  7. JGraf

JGraf Registered

http://games.on.net/app/815/rFactor

1 person likes this.
  8. mianiak

mianiak Registered

JJStrack, I will have a look at that for you.

Jan, I have tried to be very picky, but its a big job for just one person, so I'm limited with what I can be picky about :D. Sofar my pickyness has extended the build time to over a year and it will probably be another year until it's exactly how I want it. Unless I can find some like minded people to get involved with me :)

Guy,,, I think you misunderstood me, I said, version 1.3 fixes the slippery curbs (your problem)(a known problem purposely fixed in 1.3). Then I added about the inside of T11 which is probably not what your talking about and not even relevant to what your experiencing, but I added it anyway. :)

John, Thanks, I was thinking about internode but had no idea where to look :)

9. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

Wish I could help you mianiak, but my skills in 3DsMax is very limited. I am a Solidworks guy and not autodesk.
    And Picky you have been, it is great work. BTW which we will test out as simjunkies.org tonight it seems :)

10. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

Nice for this track to make an early show in the history of RF2, I barely touched the RF1 release (angular road issues if I recall rightly), the layout is so addictive with all those rolling hills and sweeping bends. Brings back memories of time trialing the Opel GT around here in GT4, only this time with more realistic car handling!

Looking forward to how this developes, just last night I saw 1.29s are possible once the track rubbers in a little. :)

11. corsa

corsa Registered

Hey everyone, I posted earlier in this thread about my fps going from about 80 fps to 30-35 fps on this track as soon as I went to the garage then back out on track. The only fix was to restart rFactor.

I did some more testing, and I found this fps reduction after going into the garage only happens when I have HDR enabled. If I turn HDR off, my fps goes down to about 45-55 fps (which is VERY strange) BUT going to the garage and then back out on track has no effect on fps.

Again, I only experience the issue on this track and not any of the ISI tracks or Snetterton, and I haven't seen anyone else report similar issues with this track, so it may be just anomaly with me.

Anyway, though I'd share in case there is an issue somewhere. Thanks again mianiak for your work on this track!

12. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I'm sorry Corsa, I really don't know. Could it be crossfire? (just a guess cause I know sli is a bit touchy and I know nothing at all about crossfire, I have only ever used nvidia)

It's a hard track to optimise because its so open, there is really no place where you can safely lod things out, so most of the time you have most of the mesh loaded up. Some people might notice it when they round T7 and the whole track comes into view.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the way the hdr is always fighting between the dark track and the light terrain (hence why its a bit dark for now until I find a solution) it could be the hdr is doing overtime and causing your system to struggle. I will do some tests myself when I get the chance and see if I can notice a difference.

[ED] Have you tried different views? ie, try hood view and see if it does the same thing. It could be the windscreen and maybe even try it in all tracks with a different car, an f1 or fr3.5 and see what it does.

13. corsa

corsa Registered

Good suggestion mianiak, I haven't tried it without crossfire, I'll try to test that a bit this weekend.

14. rci808

rci808 Registered

15. krivjur

krivjur Registered

T1 wall is used on lot of occasions, of course not always, but both NASCAR and IndyCar use it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjWe-VFdRJg T7 wall is only used on NASCAR, but mianiak decided to leave it on for artistic reasons (it can change in future I would think).

I'm to blame for the AIW issues, so I'll comment on those. The current AIW is 99% port from rF1. Only changes are redone left/right path (no manual edits for pit in /exit yet) and some corridor tweaks. Was in no way optimized for any particular car.

I tested only rolling start which seems to work, but I see there's problem with formation lap, I'll investigate this one. I'll probably try some new fast paths with carousel and maybe using more curbs. Although carousel can be taken wide from apex like in video above, it probably needs some adjustment. Didn't notice AI hitting pit wall on time accel 14 laps, but I believe the reports on it though. If the tirewall moves a bit to left (which I feel is maybe bit off) it could work as is.

Not sure what the S/F line braking is about, will keep eye on it.

16. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

They don't always hit the tyres at the pit entrance, i think it's more when there are overtaking attempts by the AI against AI on the brakes into the hairpin. I have done several races with 20 AI over 25 laps and there is a tendency for accidents in that location particularly when there are large groups of AI approaching the bend.

Other than that i have not found any major issues, it's a great track layout and well put together. The only thing i would change is a bit more grip in some of the run off areas like the inside of the last hairpin, as i have found myself there a couple of times and it takes ages to get the car pointing in the right direction and back on the track.

Brilliant work, keep it up.

17. SCampbell

SCampbell Registered

Thanks for this. Now, we need Laguna Seca and we have some California representation! Never was a fan of Infineon, but this is good.

18. GothaR

GothaR Registered

Sorry for a silly question, but how do I install it? I have installed many mods in rF2 on older build, then I didn't have much free time, so I just updated to build 60 and now I cannot see this mod in mod list. I am not sure if it is related, but I think it is good to mention. Checkbox "show mods only" is unchecked and files are copied in Packages folder. Do you have any idea what is wrong?

19. krivjur

krivjur Registered

That's your problem, these are rfmod files, so a complete mod like ISI FR3.5. You will need ISI Meganes installed beforehand as it's used as virtual component.

--
    I've tested the tire wall issue near pit with 30 AI Meganes for 30 lap race and didn't notice problems after making small corridor tweaks. AI strength 100% aggression 25%. Will test it some more, but it probably works as some kind of workaround.

20. GothaR

GothaR Registered

Oh, ofcourse :) Now I have it installed, I considered it as "track-only" addon and didn't pay attention to filename.
    btw. thanks for this great track! I love tracks with height changes.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012