Searspoint Track + vmod + update packaging Test Release

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mianiak, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Toonces

Toonces Registered

@mianiak: Great rendition of a not-so-great (IMO) track. Very realistic (compared w. TV images...if a little overly vivid; more Phoenix AZ than Northern California), very immersive (I love the sounds bouncing off the walls...wish ISI had done that @ Monaco). The surface could do with some more bumps and thumps. Thus far only one issue: the basic mod installs fine (from the "Manage Mods" menu), but the 1.1 update (also deposited in "Packages") doesn't show up, so I assume isn't installed.

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Rightklick the basic mod and select "Update".

3. Toonces

Toonces Registered

Ah, thank you. Worked like a charm.

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I made an update that should fix the dedi server problem. + I updated some environment sounds and some flickering fixes to the trackside cams.

I have only tested this update on my machine and it works for me. I have not had anyone else test it yet. But I think it should all be ok

Megane_at_SearspointRW_v12.rfmod

5. Mad739

Mad739 Registered

6. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@mianiak

I noticed that some of kerbs are not assigned to tdf.
    It's easy to feel that because there is no grip at all ;-)

7. Morgan Morand

Morgan Morand Registered

WOW ! amazing stuff ! You compete the Iracing's Sears point track . very accurate !
    Yeah the kerbs don't have grip i feel that too @feels3

8. michael1

michael1 Banned

This is the simraceway track?

9. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

just a question in this case. I download the main version and then I need to install the 2 updates or only the last one?

10. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.
    Thanks for sharing, I've been lookig forward to this track since first seeing some w.i.p.'s at RD forums.
    The screenshots you posted here don't really do the track justice :)
    After spinning off the track I noticed a lot of tso's like tirewalls have no collision. Dunno if that's by design or if I managed to mess up my install.

11. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

I put all 3 in the packages folder, installed main version hit update and it installed 1.1, hit update again and it installed 1.2.

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Looking good, updating worked fine.
    biggest problem I see at the moment, is the ability to drive "thru" some of the tire stacks along the track.

13. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

yes I did that too because I was not sure. but the question is, imagine there's 12 updates. is it necessary to do that?

14. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

sweet Mianiak...

15. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Let me take a moment to answer some questions, sorry for not getting to them earlier but it was all a bit hectic with the rf2 update release and such.

Sure I can do that, but It wont be for a while yet, not until after the beta at least and probably then some.

This is quite an early build of this track, a lot has been done since it was packaged. This is not really about this track, its about testing the packaging system, I have been struggling with trying to get the updates to work and when I finally got them working it was with this track, so it just seemed right to expand the testing and make it public, which paid off because of the dedi server issue that was found. Now we get to test if people are able to find the update when they go to join a server online and realise they don't have the right version.

Thanks for pointing that out, gives me another opportunity to make another upodate :D. We will really be putting the system to the test now.

NO. This is scratch built and it's taken me over a year to build, its the first track I have made solely in 3dmax and its purpose was a learning experience, every thing in this track apart from a few textures has been built by me.

That's something I havent got around to yet, it's an easy fix and I can include it in with the fix for the grip on the curbs. Thanks :)

That all depends, you can make 2 kinds of updates, an 'update from (previous version)' or a 'complete update'. If it's an 'update from' then it is incremental and potentially can be 12 or so updates, but if its a complete update it is stand alone. How to tell the difference might be a problem though.
    I don't think its possible to make both (like we used to do with rf1) where we would make an incremental update as well as a full update. So this might be a good thing to bring up.

@everyone else, thanks for the kind words and thanks for helping me out with testing the packaging system.

16. Bogboy

Bogboy Registered

Thank you top job

17. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I have noticed some people have re-hosted this, I think thats a bad idea because as I am making updates to stress test the packaging system, those rehosts will be missing out on these updates.

So anyone who has rehosted this, please give me your contact details so I can inform you when there is an update.

18. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

First of all I couldn't find track in mod manager neither in component manager but I've installed it via
    single player ==> Series and track was there. No trouble for track installation and 1.1 & 1.2 patch via update button :D
    Thank you.

19. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Great work, Thank you Sir :)

20. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Update 1.3 to fix the tire collision and slippery curbs.
    Megane_at_SearspointRW_v13.rfmod

This will be it for now. Unless something else pops up that's a serious issue. The next update will be a few weeks away and it will be a full build update with all the terrain and track mesh fixes I have made. Plus some other little things like animations etc. Once again thanks all for helping me test this system out, it's been good, 3 incremental updates and they all worked :)