All cars/tracks on the dedicated server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by CheckerPT, Feb 16, 2012.

1. CheckerPT

CheckerPT Registered

Will this option be available on the dedicated server software (NOT A MOD) The same option there's available on Single Player?

2. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

mmh, no answer yet ?? may be, this is also an answer?

3. CheckerPT

CheckerPT Registered

Maybe...

Hey Tim are you still there? ;)

4. Matthias

Matthias Registered

You should move this thread to wish-list. ;-)

5. CheckerPT

CheckerPT Registered

Wish? I can see no wish... i could do it on rf1, so that's not a wish... It's a question about the dedicated server software... :confused: i guess that ISI knows how to manage a forum, they don't need help to move a thread...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
  6. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

For some reason ISI do not Support All Cars All Tracks Online as a Default package(Do not ask me why it makes no sense)
    there are 2 plugin that allow this one is Elite and the other is called All Cars All Tracks On line
    now the problem comes from finding the same versions of the tracks and cars as the guy who put together the Mod
    anyway I think the reason no one got back to you as it is common knowledge and the Plugin I speak of can be found in the plugin section of here or @ Racedepartment

hope this helps if so please think about clicking the little Star and adding some reputation thanks

7. CheckerPT

CheckerPT Registered

As i said (NO MOD) I have both Mod's you said, but that won't help, because if some day i decide to race on a specific track with a specific Car/mod i just can't do it, these mods from Elite and the online are limited to the series and tracks defined for the existing Tracks/series. That's not the idea if you add a new mod and another track, you can't race it online with your friends
    And who said they don't support All Cars All Tracks Online as a Default package?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

+1 for OP, in the future this will only become a frustrating exercise if its not default by ISI.

9. CheckerPT

CheckerPT Registered

I would like to have some kind of answer by ISI, i guess they didn't read this topic yet :)

10. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Well, I think it depends on how you define All Car's and tracks :)

If you say All car's and track's from the default content, I can agree. It would be nice if that would be available for multiplayer.
    If you say JUST all car''s and tracks, no matter who made it, I disagree.

I understand the difficulties with this new system, but with a few minor tweaks, it can be very succesfull. Especially, since this new system limits the options of cheating around.

Only thing I really would like to see is the peer-to-peer option for the vmod download. This would enable us to download the mod straight from the server. That would solve so much problems.

11. CheckerPT

CheckerPT Registered

That would be really nice, i agree with you, but it depends on how big are the downloads and how much should them wait for the download to finish and start racing

12. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

The ones I have made so far, are tops 12000 bytes. So thats really little. With todays internet speeds, it probably will not even slow down making connection, since the info needed to connect is even more bytes ;)

Believe me, I see your point. But if you take the things in mind that might make this work, it would actually be a benefit to all of us. I mean, with f.i. rFactor1, you also need to install the track and mod, in the correct version. That's no difference here. So, if the auto download of the vmod would be via peer-to-peer, there would be no difference for the perspective of the end user.

From the perspective of the hoster, there is a difference. No more cheating on mod editions, no more other car's on the track as you have with several cracks and cheats around.

From the perspective of a community, it's even better. The option to create 1 single mod, containing ALL info needed for a league. Skins and all included. Updating via mod updates, which can't go wrong.

Nowadays, we pay around 50 euro's for a 3rd party piece of software, that does JUST that.... Think about it that way, and you understand why I like this feature (as a community race admin :p)

13. CheckerPT

CheckerPT Registered

I understand what you you mean but i use to race with friends over internet , hosting my own dedicated server, with a F1 Mod and specific tracks chosen by all of us, so with RF2 we can't do it at all. I agree with you for public servers and if for some reason i see someone cheating i can always kick him or even ban him
    About internet speed, i have no concern, my connection is Optical Fiber 100Mbps download so i have plenty bandwith to waste.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  14. Slothman

Slothman Registered

CheckerPT. you will still be able to do what you are describing, it will just require a little bit more organisation.

The P2P suggestion for just the MODID/vMOD is an easy solution OR create a temp "mod" on the client end checking the ID's of Tracks and Car Components etc.

At the moment I see ISI testing the actual packaging process (the changelog notes the issues with the packaging system that where created). Once they have that right than I expect changes.

Do I expect them at the MODID level, no. It has been made pretty clear that is here to stay.

BUT there are things than can be implemented that will make it work, more information/accessibility at a server level would be a good start. The final implementation of the skin system will also help with the final decision as to if the system will work etc.

There are some awesome prospects for it. I have been a loud voice against the system, and it still stands IF it remains exactly as it is :)

The next few updates will be key. Once they have the actual packaging system bug free and we start seeing changes in the changelog relating to the actual processes.....thats when it will get interesting :)

15. Stephen Dent

Stephen Dent Registered

how do i put and install another mod on my server anyone help plz ?

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You telling me no one has answered you in 6 days Stephen.

pitiful !@!

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
  17. CheckerPT

CheckerPT Registered

Well, after all these months, I finnaly manage how to solve this, i learned how to use MAS2 app to make my own rfmods to use on the dedicated server, with the cars i want to use and the specific tracks we chose to run. Issue solved :)

18. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Contact your server supplier Steve.

19. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

FREEDOM OF WILL, that´s the name of my topic some months ago..
    So I wanna open a server with Nissans at Sebring and I MUST create a VMOD to do this?
    That´s just ridiculous.
    Still don´t understand why ISI choose this format.
    The way it is, 90% of new buyers will ask their money back.

20. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

this is pure p in the a