Do only Europeans play rF2 online??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushypushy, Feb 14, 2012.

1. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

I'm writing this from my comfy California abode...just in case the weather sucks where you are, I want to let you know it's about 55º (13º C) and sunny with no clouds outside :cool:

Okay, now that we've established that, where are you from?? The reason I'm making this thread is because if I want to race with anyone else on rF2 during the week, I can't do it any later than maybe 3 PM PST (01:00 GMT).

A couple days ago at around 21:00 GMT, I was with 20+ other people in a Megane server and there were several other populated servers going on. That same evening (04:00 GMT or so) I went back online and I found ONE other person driving in all the unlocked servers. This happens every day, so it really seems to me that only Europeans like to play this game online...

Just by doing some simple math...around noon here is evening in Europe, and that's when I suppose people are getting off work and driving. I work with sim racing (RaceSimCentral, SimRaceway) so if you were wondering, that's why I have time to race during the middle of the day! But it kinda bums me out that at the end of MY day, there's no one to race with...

So if you're North American...why u no play Spa '67 on weekday evenings?!?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's a pretty normal pattern for the content we have at this point. There is possibly a gap in the US content which I've already addressed by licensing, but it will take a while for it to be built. I would however expect those numbers to rise as any content and updates are released. So it should get better. :)

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I might be online tonight. Just installed my new 7950(yes I said I'd never buy amd again) and am very impressed so far. Yes I'm bragging a bit. :D

4. ROON

ROON Registered

When is 'tonight' for you, Cdn? If I'm awake and my internet can handle it I may join in. :cool:

5. TJones

TJones Registered

Sounds like Americans are mainly interestet at Stockcarracing, isn´t it ? :D
    Here near Frankfurt (Main) 2°C light rain at 9.00 p.m..
    Mostly a lot of Servers but only a few people online.

6. Krisech

Krisech Registered

Well. I'm writing from my games area at 4am Perth (Oz) time. It's only going to be 34 degrees here today :p

I do most of my racing at this time as, like you, find most racers are European.

4am.... I guess there's a fine line between dedication and plain stupidity :)

7. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Hushy, there's a couple of reasons for what you're finding.

First up, we love RF2, but had to password our server due to the number of numptys going in. Unfortunately this also stopped the regular 15 to 20 in the server pretty much every day.

Secondly, we are putting our practice time into things we have going on at Online Racing Australia, such as the 'Asia-Pacific Le Mans Series' and '2012 Xtrem Energy Drink GT3 Championship' that starts in a couple of days, both in RF1.

You're not alone out there, but a lot of people are spreading themselves around :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  8. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

What else do you expect us Brits to do when its raining 70% of the time and anywhere you go there are 10 cameras watching you ?

If I was american I'd be out driving dune buggies , motocross bikes, or shooting stuff , skiing , surfing , not playing driving simulators :p.

Do any of the above in UK and you have to go to very specific places with specific permission , so alas all I am left to do is play driving simulations and go for walks.

As for the other Europeans I'm not sure maybe there is something in the water.

i racing is popular with Americans but personally I think its a rip off , maybe have a look for RF2 clans/teams that play and see if they do events in your time zone.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

4 Hours from now.

10. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

I'm in S California and start racing about 5pm local/ 8est. Personally, I'd like to find a bunch of guys that like the historical cars, that are somewhat clean racers. (hate to sound picky) Last night there were a total of 6 guys in the servers. I went offline and ran F2's at Malaysia full for the first time. Very fun and a bit slippery till you figure it out. Usually there are Megane races in the ISR server, but minimal stuff going on for the historicals. I've been running F3's the last few weeks at Monaco and Mills Outter for club races, and they've been great, and the best rF2 racing to date for me.

11. r0j

r0j Registered

I've noticed the same pattern, although I'm on the East coast so I get a bit more overlap with the Europeans on the ISR server.
    It's really hard to believe that there are sometimes less than 10 people in the whole of the US that want to race these cars during the week at peak times (6pm to 10pm I assume).

I assume there must be a lot of people that are playing offline, which is a shame. To me the netcode is good enough that there is very little, if any, difference to playing offline (other than very occasional warps on a bad day) so I would encourage anyone to play online.

12. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

I'm in So Cal and I like to race after 10:00 PM PST(wifey's bedtime) about 0600GMT. I definatly love the '60's open wheel cars at the old tracks, awsome fun! I havn't got past the F2's yet, challenging enough for me for now but great fun!

13. les

les Registered

im one of those guys trying to build some oval tracks or i should say convert them road courses yuck lol but i will race im just slow lol

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Lots of So Cal guys here :cool: I'm in Pasadena

We should set up a So Cal server so we can have God-like pings ;)

Unfortunately, I can only race on weekends.

15. jimagn

jimagn Registered

West coast resident here, too. So how about someone sets a date/time/server. The 1960s cars are why I'm here.

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Plumbing emergency for me tonight. lol. Couldn't make it. What a plumber probably would have done in an hour took me 3. :D

17. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

Most of the hardcore racing fans are European from what i can see

18. isamu

isamu Registered

Native Los Angeles here! Right down the way from Staples Center. Go Lakers! :)

Don't have the beta yet, but if any of ya'll wanna get some online in either Dirt 3 or F1 2012, I'm always online there. GFWL name is GroovyGhouliez

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

"Plumbing emergency" could be interpreted in SO many ways. :)

20. ROON

ROON Registered

But I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing... :(

Three hours, Cdn? Jeez, what'd you eat?! ;)