AIW editor can't connect pit path?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by toebee, Feb 13, 2012.

1. toebee

toebee Registered

So every time I create an aiw from scratch the pit path never gets fully connected. The waypoints are connected, but the actual path is not connected to the pit entry. The ai leave the garage and pits fine but they can't enter it.

The method I used was to drive the main. Then the pits. Connected the pits with the main. Then find corridors. Ive tried connecting the pit entry before the exit and vice versa.

Has anyone created a working aiw from scratch?

Thanks!

2. les

les Registered

i started one i created the main saved it used find corridors saved it reloaded the track made the pit line saved the track then i connected the ends of the pit to the main line saved it then i did corridor find saved it when you are at the end of the pit line did you connect it as a branch find the end little square and one of the main ones and connect as branch ?? you have to do this on both ends of the pit line ??

also leaving the track and coming back in helps too i do believe

3. toebee

toebee Registered

I just tried making a new one where I found corridors, saved, and reloaded the track after each step. It didn't help. Yes I connected both ends as branch. You can see in my screenshots that even thou the waypoints are connected the actual path the ai follows is not.
    path-not-connected.jpg waypoints-connected.jpg

So you created one from scratch and the ai use the pits?

4. les

les Registered

try this take the one from joesville and place that in your track folder rename it and work off that one by redoing the main line then the pits and see if that resolves your issue. i didnt start per say from scratch i just deleted everything from joesville except 1 pit 1 garage and redid the main and pit lines then i began adding more pits and more garage spots. its easier doing this way then going from scratch

the only problem i have and still do is creating the left and right lines and the fast line and then normalizing the pit line from the mainline to get the ai to drive smoother into the pits and out of the pits there are some tutorials on creating aiw's from tracks

5. toebee

toebee Registered

It didn't help. I have made aiw's before for rf1 but its been awhile. I am stumped why this isn't working if its working for everyone else.

6. les

les Registered

im not sure im sorry i could not help

7. ethone

ethone Registered

Have you tried running it in single player to see if the AI actually has an issue with pit entry? I encountered at the very least a visually similar issue where the AI "fastpath" for pit entry looked like on your screenshot.
    Since I also had a rather annoying issue with the merging at the s/f line I reverted back to my rF1 AIW so I didn't have to solve it but that might actually (just) be a bug with the editor.

8. toebee

toebee Registered

Naw I haven't tried to run anything in single player just yet. If its a known bug i'll leave it alone. Plenty of other stuff needs work. Just curious if its a bug or something I'm doing.

9. ethone

ethone Registered

After working through my own issues, here's what might be happening for you:
    - do the 1st pit path first
    - connect the end waypoints of it to the main path (join as branch)
    - do (or re-do if you had one before) the fast path. Until you re-do it there won't be a visible connection from the pit path to the fast path.

Where the pit path branches off on entry I don't get a visible connection of the fast path either unless I use the normalize curve manipulation option (which I now don't need anymore), yet my AIW finally works as I want without it. I only have the visible connection to the fast path on exit.

10. toebee

toebee Registered

Hmm I tried it that way but it didn't work. I started the pit entry on where the fast path would be. Connected, found corridors, saved, exited. Came back and made fast. Saved. Checked fast path to pit entry. Still didn't look connected even though it is right on top. Exited and came back. Same thing. Set some garage and pit stalls and let the a.i. run. When its time to pit they just vear off the track. If I try to normalize the curve it doesn't connect to the fast path it shoots way over to the edge of the corridor. So strange.

11. freew67

freew67 Registered

Did you do special slow down spot into pits? Question before that, is that still an option? lol

12. toebee

toebee Registered

Yes, and yes.

13. Bink

Bink Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013