Real Head Motion Plugin 1.0

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by magicfr, Feb 11, 2012.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Some news from RealHeadMotion2 dev.
    I almost finish the ragdoll basic physics.
    I simulated muscle elasticity and muscle reaction with reaction time.

I simulated a car accelerating then braking, then tested again with simulated big bumps.

You can see in the last part of the video where I compare with and without muscle simulation, how the head is moving. And how it react to the hard braking.

2. Sentri

Sentri Registered

Looks like version two will be quite an impressive leap over the first one.

I have a small issue with version 1.01, however. When out of cockpit view and in the external chase cam the number pad no longer swings the camera around when the plug-in is enabled. Guess the disable real head motion when not it cockpit view code disables all camera movements?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  3. magicfr

magicfr Registered

hmm, should not, It should put the value back to 0 , then do nothing.
    Can you give me exactly how to reproduce? I will check that tomorow

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I think you've to contact ISI to implement your technology into the sim.

Your work looks really professional and realistic and I would like to see it as a part of the final game.

Great work mate!

5. Sentri

Sentri Registered

First press page up to enter chase cam, with the num lock on hit 2,4,6,8 on the number pad to rotate around the car. If you do this before the plug-in initializes it should allow you to rotate around the car. As soon as the plug-in icon goes away and the plug-in is loaded the camera will become locked and the number pad will no longer function. pressing G to disable the plug-in re enables the use of the number pad and camera rotation.

6. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Well, I'm a professional game dev :p
    I think , atm, I prefer devs to spend time on optimising the game for ATI and triple screen :D and let me handle the body/head simulation :p

7. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Registered

Wonderful work my friend :) I wait with excitement to see the final results ;)

Cheers..
    Swifty

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Excellent work magicfr! Thanks for this. :D

9. I have to admit your job is really impressive BUT... do you really think it is realistic to simulate real head movements when 95% of the drivers uses a steady seat without any constraints (G force, wind, bumps)? It's a kind of paradox don't you think?
    Cheers,
    Oli

10. magicfr

magicfr Registered

It's quite the opposite if you have taken the time to read why I do simulate G force because people are steady.
    If you play on a motion seat, you MUST not use my plug because your head will already move for the real motion.

11. magicfr

magicfr Registered

It's fixed now.
    https://sites.google.com/site/midid...dmotion-plugin/real-head-motion-for-rfactor-2

12. Sentri

Sentri Registered

Nice, great work, thank you. :D

13. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Well, because that got fixed (do not have that problem myself though) I want to mention this:

I'm really impressed with the Real Head Motion Plugin and I use the 1.0 version if I'm right. I like it alot and use it every time I drive the sim. The only problem is: when the plugin is loaded by rF, and I enable Freelook the camera rotates down, resulting in only watching down. No matter which cam. It happens with both track cams and car cams. Even when I disable the plugin by pressing G to disable plugins it does this. The only way to prevent this is to delete the plugin out of my rF, which I won't do.. :)

Could you look into this, or am I the only one? I reinstalled sometime already which didn't work btw.

14. lopsided

lopsided Registered

magicfr, You have made this game playable for me. I have never had issues with dizziness playing any race game or sim until rf2. While I wanted to love it, I simply could not play it. My initial testing left me with side effects for 18 hours.

I found your plug in with great enthusiasm and while it lessened the side effects I was having I still needed a bit more tweaking ...due to the motion sickness it caused. I asked you personally for some help to further tweak the settings for me and you were most helpful and... right on the money. I appreciate all of your efforts and your willingness to help me personally. I am thoroughly enjoying it, something I would not have been able to say if you had not come to the rescue. Thanks!

15. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I know.
    With the lastest version it's fixed for NOT cockpit camera, because, this issue and the last issue I fixed was the same thing I fixed.
    For the cockpit cam, my plug try to move the head but in Free cam the mouse is taking other the head position.

So I must check if I can know if the camera is in FreeCamera.

16. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Well, I didn't find anything. I can't know when in free camera, neither when you hit the "freecamera" button :(

17. Indeed I understood it wrongly! Very good work Seb! I'm really looking forward for your v2.0!
    Cheers,
    Oli

18. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Sorry for replying so late but I had forgotten about my bugreport..

So you can't fix this bug? It's a shame because I have to delete the plugin to use the freelook option correctly.. For making screenshots or movies I can't use the plugin, which is a shame really..

Nevertheless a great plugin!

19. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Hey Guys,

Did you tried with latest update, on my PC it's not working anymore, camera is not moving at all.
    Can someone confirm?

I'll debug tomorow , my intuition is something changed in the camera number or updateGraphics and my plug don't know that I am in cockpit view.

BTW : I worked a bit on RealHeadMotion2, I have now things working for pitch/forward/up in rF2 with GUI feedback, now I must add roll/side , then the editable params in the GUI directly in the body/head drawing with anchor and this like that, then i'll add profiles.

Cheers,
    Seb

20. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Works fine for me, but I did a clean install. Looking forward to RealHeadMotion2! Thank you sir!!