Any news for the future update coming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baboulinet, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

Let me evolve my first sentence.

Buggy: Well. I think it's unecessary to explain that.

Imprecise and Unrealistic: The irreal tire temperature, not heating at a reasonable rate and cooling too fast. The lack of grip in ideal conditions. But the worst for me is the bad suspension simulation, making the car bump in a very unrealistic way even with a very well adjusted setup. Formula Renault 3.5 in turns 1 and 2 in Malaysia is a completely joke. Even the AI is as inconsistent as in the previous rFactor. If you increase its strenght to match your best lap time to make a good competitive race, nevertheless the oponents fly in some corners and they overbreak in many others, making the battle always frustrating. Just-like-rFactor-1. Another unrealistic aspect is the engine sounds. Are the developers deaf? The FRenault engine sounds like a goat screaming inside of a wooden box.

Unstable: In my PC, the frame rate goes from 60fps to 20fps during a race. Sometimes in the start, with a lot of cars on the screen I have more fps than in the middle of the race when I even go out of the track because of the extremely low frame. That when the game doesn't crash.

Overpast and Ugly: DirectX9 in 2012? Seriously? Makes no sense at all keep up with the old DirectX9 and ugly graphics if it will demand modern and powerfull graphic cards, that are all compatible with DirectX11, or at least 10. The interface is completely old and amateur. The car and track selection screen is even irritating.

I'm not trolling. I honestly have this opinion. This game is a completely deception for me. I was plauing nKpro and iRacing for tha last 1 and half year and I was expecting a lot more of this beta. This doesn't even correct the defects of rFactor 1. It is a completely shame.

I'm gonna ask for my refund and go back to iRacing while I wait for Assetto Corsa.

2. David G Fisher

David G Fisher Registered

There's your problem, you apparently think iRacing is actually what it claims to be.

1 person likes this.
  3. Novis

Novis Registered

Well, I guess that is exactly your problem. Read this:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1579-Test-Version

This is not the final game but a version to test a few things out. If you're expecting a full game come back in one year.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Mechamorafa............Well, let me explain something then and I hope you take this in the way it's intended; well meant feedback.

You have to understand how you come across when you put it like that; people just don't agree with the "style" and for that reason, they might go straight into you.
    You are right with some things, DX9 is "strange" and the AI is a bit better but still way off......but the tyre temps; that was not so bad in RF1 and that is probably still in development......can't imagine they leave it like this.
    Keep in mind that this is still a beta and things like the temps; you can't take that to serious for now.

Now I know that there are things that are crappy and come straight out of RF1; people just saying that "this is a beta" annoy me as well then; that should be fixed 5 years ago.........but there are things we have to sit out; it IS a beta ;)

5. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

You are wrong. I know iRacing is not what it claims to be. That is way decided to try rFactor 2 Beta. For me nKPro has the better racing experience. But you can´t deny that iRacing has a solid system, even with its weak physics.

6. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

It makes no sense at all. What is the point of making a beta for a game that would be a lot different when it be full? What are we testing here if not aspects of the full game?

I think people are fooling themselves thinking the full game will be much better than this beta.

7. bander

bander Registered

not what you want in a game. grabs the Codemaster F1 2011 and take a look gorgeous and if llegas.graficos? not worth anything and how much does it cost?. Here I do not feel cheated beta 18 months paid. 6 months beta ISI said this? when the full game will now complain when it's time to give ideas and as some people even if it hurts, do not make any change until the final version. of wait time that they get error update and draw more content ISI, circuits and sure some mod that already have prepared. clio cup? Toban circuit and something more secure.

I'm not at all disappointed or deceived, I play Pagé aware of what he did. not you?

8. DeM

DeM Registered

Maybe don't read them, it's really that simple, but no you had to post not once but twice to tell us all how you feel.
    This guy is big on censoring others

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Get your refund then try the Demo when that gets released, either way once a few decent mods start showing up I'll bet you buy the full version anyway ;)

10. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I dont think you will get any answers after the last time ISI gave a date or info and they got bashed and overwhelmed from negative posts.

I've been in a few beta's that did'nt have all the final content in it. For instance TDU 2 only had three cars in the beta with most of the features disabled and with single player mode disabled . Some betas I've been in were online only with single player left disabled until the full game was released like Crysis beta and Crysis 2 beta.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

always something is'nt there Shum :D

If ISI spent anymore time on these forums they'd never get the game finished :p

12. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Okay, enough.

First - using DX10 cuts out XP users, using 11 cuts out Vista and XP.

Second - This is also DX9:

View attachment 1108

13. steve30x

steve30x Registered

DX 11 works in Vista too , but who in their right mind uses Vista anyway. Its the worst OS ever created.

14. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

It does? Huh, didn't realize they'd updated. Still, yeah, that might be because Vista is a disaster I won't go near. I wouldn't say 'worst' though having experienced Windows ME first-hand.

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

That's not really fair; using DX 9 cuts out my windows 3.1 ;)
    That's a joke of course, but you understand what I try to say right? You can't keep a game "old" so people with older systems can use it. You have to go with your time; GPU wise, OS wise and hardware wise........or we would all be playing pong.
    You have to have a decent pc to play recent games; that's with -as far as I know- all the games AND......ISI recommends W7......why is that then?

16. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Actually most games you play are compromised in such a way and it doesn't disastrously impede progress. Hell, if you're going to take that attitude why even bother offering detail settings in-game or resolution options? As for ISI recommending Windows 7, Windows 7 is superbly optimised for gaming and will yield better performance for most, (See also the thread on this subject) not to mention that Windows 7 is still actively supported with updates where Windows XP only gets basic hotfix support these days. There's also the fact that Windows 7 is now more common than XP.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay, I'm done here in this thread. No use in speaking to each other in that manner; I assume you got my drift, especially by my sentence "You have to have a decent pc to play recent games" and I am not wrong. Also the DX 9 version is at least a bit outdated and I don't understand why 11 is there then if we have to build most games on 9.

As for now; I'm done in this thread as I said and I sure don't want to react anymore on you; taking a discussion to this level (see quote)

EDIT: chanced "spacing" into "speaking" as that was the intended word; probably hit a wrong button and autocorrect filled in the wrong word.

18. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I'm guessing that's a language barrier thing because I can't work out what you find upsetting... that and that you used the term 'spacing to eachother'. As for needing a recent PC... how does that support anyone's point? It's hardly new and the system requirements for rFactor2 are pretty high even by today's standards.

Besides, I state again, Skyrim. Whilst not the absolute market leader in graphical terms it's DX9 and not exactly hard on the eyes now, is it?

19. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I've experienced ME too and its on par with Vista for the worst OS's ever created.

20. Novis

Novis Registered

I agree that the word beta is misused a lot. Gjon kind of took a step backwards in that post and said it's a test version.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with a lot of what you are saying about the game in its current state, but I still think you came here with the wrong expectations. I expect a lot of things to get better before they go gold. If not I'll join you then. :)