Graphics are Great WTF are people saying rf 1 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Spyder

Spyder Registered

I think it's way too late in the day to expect some kind of pCars style overhaul, the most we can hope for is more detailed cars and tracks from the current engine.

As I said before I don't even think there's anything too wrong with what we've currently got, just need a big improvement in frame rates and I'll be happy :)

2. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

What worries me is the frame rates are abysmal now with the "Graphics not up to standard." This game is so poorly optimized it's not even funny. I realize it's beta, but don't have much hope that anything will improve in the FPS department.

I don't know how you can run iRacing with AMAZING graphics and frame rates on laser-scanned perfect tracks and rFactor can't figure out frame rates on this.

I sure hope they do because I would love to use rFactor2 for our league road side of things, but the way things look now, I don't see me sending our league members over hear to waste their money on this.

3. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

There is so much more calculate than iRacing, AI, realtime shadows, weather and so on.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I better slap myself. Now I'm agreeing with you. :eek:

5. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Lol! What's wrong with us at the moment??!! :)

6. Spyder

Spyder Registered

That would all be fine if I wasn't hitting 200fps in rFactor 1 in triple screen configuration with Max settings and now struggle to get a quarter of that with RF2. You can't tell me the improvements they've made to physics, weather and modest upgrade to the graphics should be costing me over 150fps!??

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hmmm lets see

1. iRacing is not even doing close to what rFactor 2 is with regards to lighting

2. rFactor 2 has moving clouds which make a difference to how the lighting shines, and clouds being calculated aswell

3. rFactor 2 has full 24 hr realtime , which affects the sun in game, clouds, lighting, etc and its all calculated in real time

4. rFactor 2 has fully calculated rubber and grip build up graphically and in the physics

5. rFactor 2s rubber and grip build up is all being calculated in real time where ever every single car on track drives/doesnt drive over

6. rFactor 2 has the rubber/grip build up also working in a "drying the track/line" when its wet, its also not pre determined but happening in realtime depending on where every single car including every single a.i. car drives over

7. Probably a bunch of other things I didnt mention

So ya if people can actually think about it ya it doesnt suprise me rFactor 2 is much slower than iRacing, its doing so much more underneath, plus on top of this all as everyone knows its still not optimized and in beta.

Man I remember there were fps improvements for rFactor 1 even after release, let alone while the game was still in beta months before release.

8. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

See Spyder's post above Spinelli. Those are nice excuses, but this thing needs to run much better - and I hope it does soon.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

i read spyders post, rfactor 1 is doing way less than rfactor 2 , way less, dont even know how you can compare the 2 in any way shape or form.

plus on top of that again, its still not optimized and in beta, there were fps improvements for rFactor 1 even after release, let alone while the game was still in beta months before release.

10. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

All I'm saying is the graphics look NO better than rFactor1, but the frames are 300% worse. I could care less about all the great things it's doing in the background because if the frames aren't there you can't enjoy them anyway.

Like you said and Like I said, I hope it does improve and I'm sure it will. However, it has a LONG way to go to be even remotely usable in a league.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

it doesnt look no better than rfactor 1??? After a comment like that lol I think theres no point in even arguing with you have a nice day lol

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

iRacing has had years of optimisation though and is a finished game. Ok, it's not a finished game as they are constantly updating the sim but the core of the engine is finished, not alot to figure out really.

If i had to dig at one thing on the graphic front right now for me it is the random shadows bug under the car in replays. The rest i accept as part of the beta. Would love to see the shadow bug fixed for the next update. Do i hope come full release it has improved in all areas, shaders, textures, post processing, of course i do but feel is more important right now than anything to nail down.

13. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I didn't think we were arguing, just having a discussion. And yes, they look no better.

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Are you comparing though a highly modified rF1 with HQ mods when you say rF2 looks no better? Really unless i have something up with my eyes, when i fire up rF1 unmodded with just the basic content, i'm sorry the difference is pretty big in my eyes. Even more so with a change to the TOD where the shadows cast off objects etc.

15. thuGG

thuGG Registered

You won't be taken seriously if you'll keep writing such stupid posts.

16. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Writing what I see is stupid? I'd say posts such as yours are the stupid ones. You must not get taken very seriously much around here.

17. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Sorry, I didn't know you are blind.

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Leave him - I'm with him.
    There are improvements in gfx engine, no doubt. New shadows rendering method (cascade shadows), self shadowing, correct way to cut specular lighting when part of material is under shadow and more.
    However looking from distance, forgetting about technicals, it looks quite same. And we know that a lot of (improper) things are just copied from rf1.
    So we are waiting for improvements in this area.

+1

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
  19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I run Min 45 ( super smooth ) - Max 130 - average 89

I have a average 2500K performance build. ?

Stop telling people BS ! ......how is that anywhere near 300% slower then rF

20. Spyder

Spyder Registered

I have a similiar build to you, 2500k @4.6 with SLI 580s (although have a 680 installed atm) ... My frames with Max settings at 6050x1080p are between 25 and 50fps, with rfactor they are 170-300fps ... That's some difference! At 1920x1080p I see frames up to 500fps on rf1... I'm guessing you don't have RF1 to compare it with?!