Graphics are Great WTF are people saying rf 1 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Feb 4, 2012.

1. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Good Luck to you too!

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

IN YOUR OPINION

blimey the number of people who seem to think their way of life is the be all and end all on this forum is quite disturbing!

3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

if u have 2 simrace games with equal physics, u will choose with best graphics

4. feels3

And what is your choice? iRacing or rFactor 2?

1 person likes this.
  5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

+1

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

[​IMG]

7. jsg72

jsg72 Registered

Not in the slightest. There is No way many of us play "The Content" of todays releases. Purely because we can't be stuffed with all the latest Greatest cars and Micky Mouse tracks included. Being a Pcar Full member and also having rF2 is great and having rF1 is great. Variety is the key. We don't know if Pcars is going to succeed. They need cash. rF2 will be good to go. When it's open to all the Mods waiting in the wings. I will support both and will only play "The Content" I want. Not just a particular Sim.

8. Alesi

Alesi Registered

its theoretically.. but maybe my choice will be pcars, Assetto Corsa, gtr3.. dont know

9. feels3

What about Forza or Gran Turismo? Do you like this two games?

They are very similiar to CARS. Simple physic engine, but great graphics, just like CARS.

10. Alesi

Alesi Registered

dont see them

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thats very well put and I commend you sir! Once I get my GPU upgrade I might be tempted by PCars just to see purely what the fuss is all about, if I like it then cool thats an added bonus! Same with GTR3 I guess, but for now rF1 and RF2 will hold the mantle.

12. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Once again, as many have pointed out, pCars is a different project with different aims. pCars isn't even close to simulating what rFactor2 does or even many of the things rFactor1 does but it is very very visually attractive. I choose the former because visuals mean squat to me when I'm getting a sim but many will chose the other or get both.

13. Mike Coopman

Mike Coopman Registered

many people cant grasp the idea of PERSONAL OPINION, so i woulndt count on it. they think their idea's are right and all others are wrong, but thats the internet i guess ;)

but i follow you, for me Visuals as in Very high fedelity graphics are not the most important in a sim (other games that a diffirent thing) Hell i still play RBR and those have awefull graphics compared to most games nowadays BUT it remains a very fun game to play despite its lacking graphical fidelity

14. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

+1

15. feels3

RBR is great. It's the best rally sim ever :)

16. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I thought you would be more sympathetic to a program that is still in pre alpha stage of development and with so few cars and tracks ... and not condemn him.
    as comprehensive as you are with RF2 in beta stage

17. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Abandon thread, this is getting incredibly silly!

18. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

again its not about my personal opinion, but to simulate driving a car you need, physics, graphics, sounds and feel.....if any are lacking then its not a good simulation of what you are trying to simulate.
    however I agree that physics are far more important than graphics, but we should be able to have both these days?
    PC are fast enough, with enough cores and gpu's to do all well, so while I do prefer rF2 over pcars for now, I just hope modders can improve the graphics in rF2 just like they did in rF1?

but anyway this whole thread is a little silly, as rf2 still has 5 months in improve, and pcars has over 12 months, so both could change a whole lot by then ;)

19. Mike Coopman

Mike Coopman Registered

yeah the thread is getting silly indeed :D anyways i adore RF2 even with its limited stuff present today, loving the beta and im sure as hell will be loving it for years to come.
    PS: loving the classic f1/2/3's (hint gimme GP2 cars !!! ) ;)

20. Duvel

Duvel Registered

have they fixed the AA issue yet? if not i still have issues with the graphics. If they fix it, i won't :)

I don't know if I've said it somewhere else, but if they overlook the AA issue this time, which is from RF1 days, i will be getting a refund in the end (but i will give them until the last day to announce the fix). I think that is fair...