Graphics are Great WTF are people saying rf 1 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

The same computer that runs a beautiful CARS, runs a horrible rF2. Even Shift 2 looks better than this overpast ISI game.

Beta doesnt mean anything. CARS is in PRE ALPHA.

In simulation you need good audio and video feedback to have a good immersion. rFactor 2 have none of this.

2. TJones

TJones Registered

if you want to have beautiful graphics rather then realistic physics and enviroment then play CARS. It´s simple as that.
    I personal like to vofour realistic physics.
    You can´t compare a static enviroment (CARS) with a dynamic one which we have here in rF2, it´s much more complex in terms of weather, lighting, road conditions and so on. I´m pretty shure a lot of development time has got in this section. It´s just a different weighting of resources (time) compared to CARS.
    IMO rF2 doesnt look that bad so far.
    Shure it´s still a lot of work left for the devs, but the core (tyrephysic, FFB) is very good, sound is not bad, so future looks promising. :)

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

aahh there you are again, for the final time its a BETA its NOT pCars, the audio and immersion is YOUR OPINION just because you dont like it it does'nt mean its not good!

shush now...quiet time!

4. thuGG

thuGG Registered

I agree with Mechamorafa.
    The thread title is "Graphics are Great WTF are people saying rf 1 ?".

Well graphics are not great, it's worse than in many games.

5. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

Why should I have to choose between realistic graphics or realistic physics? I want both.
    Do you think that because of having good physics a game cannot have good graphics? Are you saying that CARS looks realistic because its physics is unrealistic? That makes no sense because the graphic card process the graphics and the CPU process the physics. Of course that it is not as simple as that, but it is basically it. And come on, racing physics is not like predicting the weather.

I don't think that something like a script to increase the grip on the track after a while or a scripted rail after the rain stops characterizes the enviroment as trully dynamic. I played F1 Challenge a lot a decade ago and it had almost the same "dynamic" enviroment where everything follow a script and not the random circumstances. It is SO dynamic that it doesn't form puddles and have the same amount of water in all the track, both in lower or higher part of the track. It has to be really dynamic before I call something dynamic.

IMO rf2 does NOT look good and does NOT have dynamic enviroment.

6. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Uh, RF2 having a dynamic environment isn't a matter of opinion, it's fact. Day and night, seasons, weather changes are all coded and you don't have to model them yourself in track design. The game even factors wind and air-pressure based on weather and altitude. You might as well have said 'imo rFactor 2 doesn't use the Z-buffer.'

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  7. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I run crysis and bad rFactor2 and whats the problem? we all know there are big issues with this game yet.

please tell me the difference between this and CARS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvD_6-LZrFs PLEASE it must be the amount of blur -_-'

and CARS what wheather it has? .... dynamic wheater in rFActor is not finished not even 1/8 done. go make sugestions in the proper page and stop being bitchy. OF course in Gran turismo If they call dybnamic wheater you'll be like WOW but its rFactor... its crap. even if it shows potencial.

**** people its a game :S not real. no game will be real
    |
    |

8. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

The increase of grip always in the same part of the track no metter where is your race line is a fact. The after rain rail apearring always in the same way no matter where is your race line is a fact. The water on the track not obeying the law of gravity and not accumulating on the lower parts of the track is also a fact.

If you consider THIS dynamic, I think that is no more absurd if I say that I don't.

9. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Dynamic means changable, as in 'not fixed'. You seem to have confused 'dynamic' with 'absurd magical future-tech'.

10. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I can not agree with you.
    If you have small development team, lets say 10 people. And if 9 people are working on physics and only one man is working on graphics engine, it is obvious that physics will be much more polished than graphics.

Maybe SMS has more people to working on graphics engine but only few that are working on physics?.
    I mean that final results depends on resources which you have available to work on it.

Tim said few weeks ago, that graphics engine in rfactor 2 is building by only one man.

11. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

Oh. So if you consider dynamic just some parameter not being fixed, even if it does not simulate the real behavior of things, than OK, rFactor 2 enviroment is dynamic.

But lets think about that. If the tires was as dynamic as this enviroment, it would only wear due to one parameter, for instance the distance traveled, ignoring all the other parameters: the tire pressure, the camber, the difference between inside and outside temperature, the grip of the track, the temperature of the track, the driver style, the suspension setup, etc. Imagine a tire model called dynamic that only obbey a single one parameter, distance traveled, ignoring all the rest. Do you consider it really dynamic just because its wear is not fixed?

The "absud future-tech" that I want is as absurd as the todays tire model.

12. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

Replies level: Absurd

13. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Wait, what?

So the dynamic lighting, dynamic positioning of celestial bodies, dynamic shadows, dynamic track temperature, dynamic air pressure, dynamic wind speed, dynamic wind direction, dynamic weather conditions, dynamic dampness, dynamic grip, dynamic time of day, dynamic racing groove development... they're controlled by one number?

Seriously, name one other title on the market that does all of the above.

Just one.

Here's a hint:
    iRacing doesn't.
    F12011 doesn't.
    pCARS doesn't.
    Netkar doesn't.
    LiveForSpeed doesn't from memory.
    GrandPrix 4 doesn't.

You can't because it doesn't exist.

14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Graphics is better than in rF1 in terms of shadows and lighting. New features are added like dynamic road, weather and reflections.
    Saying it looks like rF1 is an overstatement.

Graphics is nearly identical to rF1 in terms of material properties. Some of new features aren't working properly or are overdone.
    Saying it looks "great" is an overstatement.

As for me - I think graphics it's not too good, but it does the job for now.
    It's best to wait for ISI's next move, because we don't know their plans. Agruing will only serve to shut down this thread.

Although I wouldn't expect much will change in gold release. It will probably be up to us to improve rF2.

15. TJones

TJones Registered

Ok, i did a test just for you mechamorafa. ;) I set an enviroment with rain at the beginning and dry weather with sunshine later on the session. i spooled my laps on a racingline which was off the normal idealline, due to the fact that i was the only car on the track it took a lot of laps to get a dry line, later on the sun came out and there was a clearly visible dry line which was on my (special) line and definitely not the ideal line.
    So drying line and grip generation on track is truly dynamic and not scriptet.
    Day-night transition is also dynamic.
    Of course, wheather progress is scripted in five steps, but will be also random later on.
    The overall quality of a game depends on manpower, quality of staff and last not least time, so do you want to wait another two or three years for top notch graphics on a dynamic enviroment ?

16. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

You are distorting things now. I'm not saying that a game need all the aspects to be dynamic, I'm saying that if they want to call something dynamic it has to be. The tire model is dynamic? It is. The track surface aren't.

It is not the number of games that doesn't have dynamic surface that proves if rFactor 2's is or isn't.

17. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

So your argument is that if you ignore all the things that have been made dynamic it's not dynamic and that for it to be truly dynamic it would need to simulate absolutely everything? Then you will never play a game that's truly dynamic, ever and you are acknowledging that you are literally asking for the impossible.

18. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

omg +1000

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think the youth of today use the term 0WNED or something, personally I prefer to simply say you've just been proved wrong! Get your facts straight in future please.

20. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Coming soon from Lexicorp, the OMG +1000. Bench tests prove it's 76% more WTF!

*Ahem*

My old OMG +750d tells me to agree pretty much with what MarcG said. This discussion is starting to become cyclic.