Graphics are Great WTF are people saying rf 1 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Has anyone actually got a system to run these graphics on full at Malaysia at 10AM Simply Stunning imho,

Are the ones comparing with rf1 have a high end system that runs full graphics?

Yes the default cars aren't so shiny but that's not graphics engine that is showing potential to modelers to show their great work.

Mill for graphics in the morning Beautiful, And all this as a Beta and many things graphic unimplemented yet but almost ready to go Wow this is exciting.

The track graphics and graphics engine seems to me to have the potential to be as good as C.a.r.s in the future.

Rfactor 2 is Way ahead of rFactor in this early beta stage so , you peeps comparing it as the same either have a inferior system or you are delusional or trolling.:cool:

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I like the graphics as well. Spa with some fog, malaysia at night, Mills anytime! the cockpits and tires, track surface textures, animated objects and people have all impressed me.

The dynamic track surface and already awesome tire model are making the ISI haters penis' shrivel up so they have to fire back with something. :p

3. ozleem

ozleem Registered

I agree I think the graphics are really nice i enjoy them a lot, This is a beta right?:p

4. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Best racing sim out there,even on my c**p machine!

5. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

View attachment 1031

I just want to say in french: Faut pas déconner non plus :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012
  6. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Hehe I can see from your PC specs this is a non argument lol, No disrespect to peeps with low end systems as we have all been there but please don't blame the software when your PC specs are low to average as the above poster.

7. dice65

dice65 Registered

what are your ingame settings ? i have everything maxed and it does look very good, other than aa not seaming to work right and 1st lap stutters i have no problems with rf2

8. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

Don't worry for my specs i turn RF2 maxed with softth (4320x900) and i have 80Fps average.
    But take a look of pCARS the quality of graphism is like reality and more superior than rf2 that's all and pcars is just a pre-alpha game i can't imagine when the game will be finished :p.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

RF2s graphics are already better than rF1s for me and I'm running low detail on most things currently. As always though its how the game feels to drive over graphical quality that wins for me personally.

10. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

+1

11. Pugamall

Pugamall Registered

I'm maxxxxxed out graphics wise, I am dissapointed in the graphics for a 2012 sim, dont get me wrong, I'm not saying they are bad, coz they arn't,like you say, pick the time of day and the right combo of track and car, it feels fresh compared to rf1, and so much more going on to immerse you, it looks pretty, but the sentance "The track graphics and graphics engine seems to me to have the potential to be as good as C.a.r.s in the future." is a pipe dream imo, esp with the latest pCars build with Ultra High Detail cars option, but you gotta remember how many people are working on pCARS compared to the team on rf2, at the moment rf2 has the immersion factor, and there is still plenty more to come and look forward to, I personally cant wait, the amount of sims due this year, we are really being treated, once again only my opinion

12. TheAngryGimp

TheAngryGimp Registered

Other than jaggies, I have no problems with graphics so far as a beta. Really think people take things too far when they think that every new game/sim should have better graphics, regardless of size of company/project/funding/etc... It only astounds me more when I see what such small teams are able to produce without Sony/MS/EA backing them.

I just want to see more performance optimizations for large fields of cars and see the shadow bugs/jaggies(aliasing) get taken care of.
    And so far, the tire model and physics are the most natural feeling I think I've come across. I really don't feel like its the sim's fault when I spin off anymore cause of the FFB being so informative. Can't wait for dirt/rally physics implementation!

13. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

C.A.R.S. sucks, look at the way those vehicles bounce all over the place, the physics look like crap compared to rF2 and the only thing C.A.R.S. has going for it over rF2 is the pretty reflection on there HD vehicles and the trees look like they use HD 2d tree images.

I am not an ISI fanboy either as I have been driving pretty much iRacing the last few years and only drove rF1 a few times. RF2 will kick C.A.R.S. butt, mark my words!

50,000 polygon vehicles does not make a racing game..lol

14. Baboulinet

Baboulinet Registered

Well we will see if C.A.R.S sucks but for a pre-alpha game they come the right way

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

What's with all this cars talk? Cars is not a sim. It's the same thing as shift and shift 2. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with either of those titles but when a project like cars wants to get into the millions of users you are not making a sim. SMS can brag all they want about gtr2 but the fact is they had alot of help from people who are still at simbin. So as far as I'm concerned SMS hasn't put out anything other than shift. :p

16. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Are we here to discuss P C.A.R.S ?

17. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

It's a good comparison point graphically and deep down I think most of us know rFactor2 just isn't there with pCars visually. I still think rFactor2 is better for many reasons but it's the truth.

18. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

I will hold back judgment untill the full rF2 is out with all the graphicial stuff full optimised and ready.
    I do have p.C.A.R.S to and yes, it does look damn good in replays, but I still perfer rF2 for racing so far, only time will tell which ones finally becomes the better "Simulation" of racing?

Roll on the next beta upgrade fro rF2 :)

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

pcars was giving me 100 degrees of wheel rotation with massive input lag. Sure it looks pretty but it's FAR from being even playable for alot of users. Isn't it supposed to be a free game? I have no clue how that is going to work.

20. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

I am maxed out with graphics settings and I'm fairly happy with how things look. But again it's a beta, so more to come surely. Other games I play look better but nothing feels as good as rF2 to drive.