how longs beta going to take

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbblack, Feb 4, 2012.

1. sosman

sosman Registered

How many people work on BF3? & how many people you think work on Rfactor2

2. TravisRoe666

TravisRoe666 Registered

too long

im going to be asking for a refund.

a PUBLIC beta should not be released more than 1-2 months from the final product or you risk the technology youre implementing becoming outdated. Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?

I for one am sick and tired of ISI's attitude to this.

I spent $950 on a new wheel, new dual GPU card and monitor thinking the beta RF2 would be mostly complete. Turns out not only is the new dual GPU card useless to rf2 (no SLI support or any kind of decent performance yet), and the wheel isnt very usable either since rf2 has so many issues relating to FFB, problems on tracks, physics issues in some cars, sound bugs, etc.

Its frankly, a complete and utter joke.
    There are work in progress threads in the main rf2 page dating back to 2008, 2009, 2010. No game should ever take 4 years to get released LOL. in that time most studios have released a game AND its sequel AND a new engine.

ISI have no excuses anymore that wash. They produce rf Pro for race teams including F1 and its abundantly clear their consumer products are totally irrelevant to their business model. They dont give a toss about us consumers. Face it - its fact. look at their attitude in emails, forum posts etc. they dont even know what the word BETA means, theyve released something that has no content , is barely an alpha, and with no word on release date.

ISI, you can keep your buggy, 2005-era product and you can give me my money back and I will go to iracing and others and never even give it another thought.

Maybe in 5 years when you have released something (if youre lucky), and the graphics engine isnt already totally obsolete like many parts of rf2s already is, then maybe I will look at picking it up from the bargain bin in a shop.

This is a huge let down. I was a massive rfactor and ISI fan. but their terrible, terrible attitude towards customers and their incredible arrogance (they act like theyre f..ng blizzard with huge successes under their belt in gaming LOL) ...its just disgusting from a company who cant' even get a working version of a sim released after 7 YEARS and 3 YEARS of in progress development, and from a company that continues to ignore basic requests for info, provide even basic updates.

Their HDR is screwed, the graphics might look nice in some shots but really, compare it to Forza 4 which is on a 5 YEAR OLD game console using an OLD graphics card with an OLD directX implementation and you start to see just how badly ISI have dropped the ball.

I'll be requesting my refund shortly and I feel sorry for all you fellow fans who will sit here suffering in gradually increasing frustration for the next 9 months before also clicking refund.

Get a *** grip ISI. Your incredibly piss-poor attitude to customers , customer service and the gaming industry as a whole has turned a long term 10 year supporter into someone who will recommend ANYTHING but your products from now on. I sell gaming consoles and racing sims too....how badly do you misunderstand the market youre in? ffs. I am a senior adviser to HP and some of the race teams that use their timing equipment interfaces and professional services on race days, I certainly will be pointing out to the sim managers and team managers just how incredibly ****ty this whole debacle is and encourage them to move the heck away from ISI as soon as humanly possible.

ISI have had SEVERAL times to communicate with me to attempt to reduce my frustration and sheer anger at their incredibly arrogant and downright insulting attitudes and communications. stick it. You think youre the only people producing tyre models and advanced physics engines? youre wrong. And quite wrong. Youre also completely wrong if you think the average gamer will tolerate this level of arrogance, ignorance, complacency. stop acting like IBM - the world does NOT revolve around ISI no matter how much the devs think it does.

Either fix this situation or you WILL lose some teams and customers. However given there have been no replies, no official updates, the beta looks like a lightly worked rf1, and that its been 7 YEARS since the release and 3.5 YEARS since rf2 was 'coming', Im going to call vapourware and complete b**** and I cant BELIEVE isi would taken money from people for this pathetic, excuse for a 'beta'. have you EVER IN YOUR LIFE heard of a company charging for their own beta release? charging you, to test their product For them? Charging you, to allow you the privilege of becoming frustrated, disheartened, disappointed and very confused? What a COMPLETE JOKE. not only for example was the bf3 feature complete for the most part, it was free, and allowed a preview/taste of the game before launch. it was a brilliant strategy that worked AND gave gamers a free weekend of fun. AND got the game a bunch of sales it might not have had. NOW imagine if BF3 released with no SLI support, with engine bugs, sound bugs, input device bugs. Imagine it had BF2 levels and only one of them, and BF2 graphics but with some new tesselation and shading and lighting. Now imagine you have to pay $60+ for that beta, and imagine that no one else is playing it much online. now imagine BF3 isnt coming out for 6 months, so you only have your -$60 and a non playable game. now imagine BF3's creators attack you in an email you write to them confused over it all, and imagine the same coders then make a whole heap of complacent arrogant insulting forum posts to their own customers. ..... well you dont need to imagine it, because thats exactly what ISI have done. Its a JOKE. I feel like reporting ISI the company to the US Fair Trade dept and possibly a few other consumer regulation bodies in the US ...this isn't in the spirit of the laws of trade and I highly suspect its borderline illegal. what exactly have i paid for? a product that isnt represented by the 'beta' and a product that could be upto a year away or more and a product that by all accounts, does virtually NONE of the things promised...

Its one thing to make a great product once, but its another thing entirely to be a decent company. You can't trade off rf1's greatness anymore; this is 2012. That was 2005. Either put up and deliver or shut up and go away ISI.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  3. Slothman

Slothman Registered

And ISI are the idiots??

So let me get this straight...you spent all this money on equipment BEFORE the BETA was released.....

Seeya....

4. TravisRoe666

TravisRoe666 Registered

no dumbass. after the beta was released. after playing it and seeing terrible graphics performance. and having an old wheel which is creaky. the bottom line is no beta is ever released in this pathetic state. fk off and be a fan boy somewhere else while the rest of us live in the real world moron.
    the GPU is handy in other games, like BF3, iracing...u know...games that work....even betas that work. LOL. you can defend these clowns all you want but the proof is very much in the pudding. 2005 -> 2012 and we have a NON FUNCTIONAL 'beta' with no content and no release dates no predictions of when and ABSOLUTELY no way to test it, AND we pay for this privilege??? hahahaha you sir are a fn moron. paid by ISI?

5. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

And everyone knew up front that the beta was atleast 6 months.

6. TravisRoe666

TravisRoe666 Registered

no....there is no mention of it being 'at least' 6months. Hahaha you guys are hilarious. pathetic. enjoy your vapourware.

7. TravisRoe666

TravisRoe666 Registered

im going to be asking for a refund.

a PUBLIC beta should not be released more than 1-2 months from the final product or you risk the technology youre implementing becoming outdated. Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?

I for one am sick and tired of ISI's attitude to this.

I spent $950 on a new wheel, new dual GPU card and monitor thinking the beta RF2 would be mostly complete. Turns out not only is the new dual GPU card useless to rf2 (no SLI support or any kind of decent performance yet), and the wheel isnt very usable either since rf2 has so many issues relating to FFB, problems on tracks, physics issues in some cars, sound bugs, etc.

Its frankly, a complete and utter joke.
    There are work in progress threads in the main rf2 page dating back to 2008, 2009, 2010. No game should ever take 4 years to get released LOL. in that time most studios have released a game AND its sequel AND a new engine.

ISI have no excuses anymore that wash. They produce rf Pro for race teams including F1 and its abundantly clear their consumer products are totally irrelevant to their business model. They dont give a toss about us consumers. Face it - its fact. look at their attitude in emails, forum posts etc. they dont even know what the word BETA means, theyve released something that has no content , is barely an alpha, and with no word on release date.

ISI, you can keep your buggy, 2005-era product and you can give me my money back and I will go to iracing and others and never even give it another thought.

Maybe in 5 years when you have released something (if youre lucky), and the graphics engine isnt already totally obsolete like many parts of rf2s already is, then maybe I will look at picking it up from the bargain bin in a shop.

This is a huge let down. I was a massive rfactor and ISI fan. but their terrible, terrible attitude towards customers and their incredible arrogance (they act like theyre f..ng blizzard with huge successes under their belt in gaming LOL) ...its just disgusting from a company who cant' even get a working version of a sim released after 7 YEARS and 3 YEARS of in progress development, and from a company that continues to ignore basic requests for info, provide even basic updates.

Their HDR is screwed, the graphics might look nice in some shots but really, compare it to Forza 4 which is on a 5 YEAR OLD game console using an OLD graphics card with an OLD directX implementation and you start to see just how badly ISI have dropped the ball.

I'll be requesting my refund shortly and I feel sorry for all you fellow fans who will sit here suffering in gradually increasing frustration for the next 9 months before also clicking refund.

Get a *** grip ISI. Your incredibly piss-poor attitude to customers , customer service and the gaming industry as a whole has turned a long term 10 year supporter into someone who will recommend ANYTHING but your products from now on. I sell gaming consoles and racing sims too....how badly do you misunderstand the market youre in? ffs. I am a senior adviser to HP and some of the race teams that use their timing equipment interfaces and professional services on race days, I certainly will be pointing out to the sim managers and team managers just how incredibly ****ty this whole debacle is and encourage them to move the heck away from ISI as soon as humanly possible.

ISI have had SEVERAL times to communicate with me to attempt to reduce my frustration and sheer anger at their incredibly arrogant and downright insulting attitudes and communications. stick it. You think youre the only people producing tyre models and advanced physics engines? youre wrong. And quite wrong. Youre also completely wrong if you think the average gamer will tolerate this level of arrogance, ignorance, complacency. stop acting like IBM - the world does NOT revolve around ISI no matter how much the devs think it does.

Either fix this situation or you WILL lose some teams and customers. However given there have been no replies, no official updates, the beta looks like a lightly worked rf1, and that its been 7 YEARS since the release and 3.5 YEARS since rf2 was 'coming', Im going to call vapourware and complete b**** and I cant BELIEVE isi would taken money from people for this pathetic, excuse for a 'beta'. have you EVER IN YOUR LIFE heard of a company charging for their own beta release? charging you, to test their product For them? Charging you, to allow you the privilege of becoming frustrated, disheartened, disappointed and very confused? What a COMPLETE JOKE. not only for example was the bf3 feature complete for the most part, it was free, and allowed a preview/taste of the game before launch. it was a brilliant strategy that worked AND gave gamers a free weekend of fun. AND got the game a bunch of sales it might not have had. NOW imagine if BF3 released with no SLI support, with engine bugs, sound bugs, input device bugs. Imagine it had BF2 levels and only one of them, and BF2 graphics but with some new tesselation and shading and lighting. Now imagine you have to pay $60+ for that beta, and imagine that no one else is playing it much online. now imagine BF3 isnt coming out for 6 months, so you only have your -$60 and a non playable game. now imagine BF3's creators attack you in an email you write to them confused over it all, and imagine the same coders then make a whole heap of complacent arrogant insulting forum posts to their own customers. ..... well you dont need to imagine it, because thats exactly what ISI have done. Its a JOKE. I feel like reporting ISI the company to the US Fair Trade dept and possibly a few other consumer regulation bodies in the US ...this isn't in the spirit of the laws of trade and I highly suspect its borderline illegal. what exactly have i paid for? a product that isnt represented by the 'beta' and a product that could be upto a year away or more and a product that by all accounts, does virtually NONE of the things promised...

Its one thing to make a great product once, but its another thing entirely to be a decent company. You can't trade off rf1's greatness anymore; this is 2012. That was 2005. Either put up and deliver or shut up and go away ISI.

8. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

9. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Do what I did...ignore list him..he wasnt the first, wont be the last :)

Its easier. Some people are just idiots and need to be ignored. Its safer for your sanity. Not only that you get to laugh at how pathetic he is for responding and you dont even know what he is saying...but you can guess and make it up. That is more fun than actually reading most of them.

10. shum94

shum94 Registered

Bye bye honey and LOL means laughing out loud not i'm hysteric and i want my money back because i'm too stupid to read the forum where it has been stated it would last 6 months and be more for modders to get to know the new tools than simracers.

11. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

Oh i just silence them with facts. Thats what i always do. His non reaction to my quote says enough already. Hehe. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  12. shum94

shum94 Registered

Ignore list should be upgrated, i dont wanna see the post with blank or quotes of people i added in ignore list.

13. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :)

Shum its not often I agree with you, but this would be one of them :)

14. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Why don't you just get a refund then.simple.

15. shum94

shum94 Registered

Then i'm not on your ignore list yet rofl

I'm only 28 and getting wiser every day lol

16. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Because he wants everyone to know how he went and spent a grand on hardware for a BETA (I mean who does that?), that I thought was clear was released more to test the modding system for a start, and that there was no final release date being mentioned, but it was said somewhere that it could be 6 months (or more?).

Regarding the length of time taken, do you know how big the team is that is working on this?? It sure as hell aint the size of SMS or similar.

Stop acting like the world revolves around you, and either wait patiently for an update like everyone else, or throw your toys out of your cot and get a refund.

17. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I don't know. I've read other posts and responded to Travis before. A post like that one just doesn't come from nothing. Something sparked that sort of lash out. I've read the earlier posts and can't see the trigger here. ??

I'm not defending him but I do agree with some things he's made points to. Sure the game has come forward in a lot of ways but it's also taken some backwards steps. Agree or disagree, That's how I see it and I do work with mod groups. If you read the above post it's not the 6 months beta time. That's just been the thing that others chose to focus on.

18. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Agreed....

But others, like myself and you, had their say, and moved on waiting for the next update.....

19. TJ_Tas

TJ_Tas Registered

I think the problem is that there is just so much excellent content both official and mod for RF1. After playing this though its hard to go back to RF1. So in the mean time we have a much superior product (or at least the potential for) with very little content. I'm not complaining as its very enjoyable but who isn't itching for the sort of content of the previous title.

20. zloca

zloca Registered

Someone is dissatissifed and unhappy with beta,so let people go with that,its good for ISI to heard what fans means

With this releasing date of beta i was very angry,but now when i see what this game will be, im prepeared to wait 1 year,not 6 months.Graphic is not like SMS but its very decently looking,we need to give time to ISI .This beta is friendly act from them...