how longs beta going to take

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbblack, Feb 4, 2012.

1. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

You will say it will take as long as it takes fine

but jsut for example battlefield 3 released beta about 1 month before it hit retail

are we lookinag at more 6 months to a year for rf2 ?

no problem :) but there is alot hanging on this as some mods are holding back for release

love this game btw

2. navorsky

navorsky Registered

IdonĀ“t think its going to be very soon. The beta just got released, the physics and a lot of aspects of the game needs improvement and tweaking. Its a very good job so far, but i think we have a long road ahead...

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Initially there was talks about 6 months, but I hope it can be even up to a year if at 6 months mark there is still things to do, better make it ready before making release.

So I guess mrbblack is close with that 6-12 months.

I think that it would be useful to get mods to level that current Beta allows and then test releasing as it is partly idea of this beta, of course then there would be beta and alpha mods too, but it might serve better to purpose of public beta than holding off mods.

Naturally there is then issues with quality, whining about poorly made mod and who knows what, but so it tends to be with any beta :p

4. Anonim

Anonim Registered

1 year for beta testing? :D don't be ridiculous! The game is in a pretty fine state and for sure it won't take so long before the final release! At least not too long if ISI si really working hard on it!

5. freew67

freew67 Registered

Holding back for release? We dont even have all the options turned on yet. I hope they are waiting. Gjon has already said things can change and that this beta period is to iron out a lot of things. RF2 has only been out about a month now, patience young grasshopper.

6. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Takes as long as it takes simple.

7. NobbyRacing2012

NobbyRacing2012 Registered

exactly ... agreed

8. DeM

DeM Registered

What a Tool, the guy is asking a frigging decent question, NONE of you knobs know the answer but can't resist and need to comment. Maybe STFU . JTBO excluded of course. But you read this over and over on pretty much all threads here.

ITS simple maybe a little HARSH if you don't know the answer to the question a guy is asking, then fcking shut up, don't put him down

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

calm down dear he actually has a piont, sure the general idea is 6months from initial Beta release but Gjobn could decide much sooner or much later as to when its ready to go Gold....therefore "Takes as long as it takes simple" is as good an answer as any!

10. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

lol listen to yall bitchin .. lets just see what we get with the first update?

when will that be? :p

HA HA HAHA

11. freew67

freew67 Registered

I just read release in 2 weeks. Is that better?

12. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Oh Dear sorry,it wasn't mean't to be harsh,just a simple answer to a simple question.

13. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

6 months they said.

14. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

6 months was the projected time, though delays are as likely as not.

15. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

To be fair I don't mind how long it takes, just as long as the issues ARE ironed out.

When F1 2010 was released I was shocked at the bugs it contained, so much so that I sold it within a few weeks.

I am very impressed so far with rF2, keep up the good work and release it when it's 100%. :)

16. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Maybe I remember wrong, but from my memory ISI did not like a lot how they had to do rushed releases and that is why they did go to independent?

If this memory of mine is correct, then they probably will iron out bugs before releasing.

17. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Thankyou!

18. coops

coops Banned

as long as it takes

19. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Doesnt matter how long it takes to be "final" casue they will update the beta after all.

Give us some 2-3 new cars and 2-3 tracks more and they can delay it for a long time. We are still able to mod it =)

20. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

It is what it is

It will take whatever time they need to provide a first class product.. They offered a beta to obtain feedback from customers till that time.

In the meantime, I am quite content to continue to enjoy the excellent rF1 sim.

Complaining will do no good and neither will insulting or disrespecting ISI or others posting here...says more about the complainer than anyone else...

rF2 will be a great sim, in due time..

Mike