Test australian rFactor2 server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by TravisRoe666, Feb 3, 2012.

1. TravisRoe666

TravisRoe666 Registered

hi guys
    just trying to gauge the interest for an internode-based adelaide rFactor 2 server (south australia).
    if there's a little bit of interest I'll get one online ASAP (the weekend if its all working in beta) and host some events.
    was thinking a half time GP in the 1960s cars at monaco with 8-10 of us.
    but post back if youre at all interested, pings are usually 20 within adelaide and 30-45 rest of australia, 190ms ish for US

Trav

2. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I'm from Jakarta, I might try your server, I'd like to know my ping time as well :)

Will your server available for 24 hours? Sat-Sun?

3. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Good thinking. At ORA (Online Racing Australia) we put up an open rF2 server on release of the Beta and were inundated with European drivers wanting to go straight to race after a few practice laps .. all good, we raced. But we also were testing Scripted Weather and so once the rain began on different parts of the circuit you would pass most of these guys crashed into something... and I thought it rained in real world Europe, hahahah.

We also had an influx of troublesome drivers, possibly young teens, who were quickly booted after three strikes usually. But, we also had a small number of excellent European drivers who were helpful and friendly as well as being solid quick drivers who could stay on a wet track.

Since last week our rF2 server has been passworded to prevent the undesirables we were seeing in droves.. and now we can really enjoy the testing and racing without being taken off by unknowns out to cause calamity.

4. DeM

DeM Registered

Trav,

There are ****loads of Aussie Servers running already , why would you need to post this ?
    Agree with Oldie, the group I currently race with in Australia did the same and closed their Servers

DEM