Street Car Mod WIP

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by D1Racer, Feb 2, 2012.

1. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

I'm working on converting some street cars to rFactor2, and thought I'd show some progress here.

I am completely new to modding rfactor, So any tips/advice would be fully apreciated.

I am working on 3 cars so far, R32 Nissan GTR, MKIV Toyota Supra, and the FD Mazda Rx7. The GTR is on track and working on physics, and the Supra and RX7 are in spinner only atm. I will be adding more cars later as I gain more experience.

Plans are to have the stock vehicle and race/drift versions.

There is no plans at all to release anything while the game is still in beta.

I still have a lot of work to do with material settings.
    View attachment 987

2. RadEdUK

RadEdUK Registered

Looking good, I'd like to see more street cars, especially race prepared versions with roll cages etc.

3. Disasstor

Disasstor Registered

Good news, bro!

4. bison160

bison160 Registered

is that a game model or a render model? Looks very nice, just extremely high poly, but if it looks that nice with a reasonable amount of poly's then kudo's. I like it.

5. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

It is highest LOD game model, 28K polies.

6. bison160

bison160 Registered

28k just for the body or for the entire car?

What are you using for specular settings?

7. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

where are the models from originally?

8. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

28K entire car with basic interior. High poly cockpit view interior is about another 20K polies.

Spec settings i'm still working on, but I am using 200 for spec colour, 50-75 for spec power, and spec map is about 50% grey.

Models asre ripped from another game.

9. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

which one? im just curious.

10. bison160

bison160 Registered

D1, looks pretty good. Have you looked at my thread about my specular issues? You have the closest I have seen to what I am looking for. I was using a spec power of 60 and on a black car i got some really nasty issues with it. Is there any places on curved parts that look like the pic I posted in my thread?

11. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I have started collecting some modding info that I have created to my new website, as you did say that you are new to modding, I think Information section could be helpful to you:
    http://finnsontrack.weebly.com

12. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

@jtbo, Thanks man, I'll look through that info.

@bison160, I've had no issues like that on my cars, apart from seams from unwelded verts which I have to weld.

Supra
    View attachment 995

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  13. Tombasss

Tombasss Registered

So,here you can use the new turbo model or is it not yet completed?Sorry for my english.

14. jtbo

jtbo Registered

It is still coming feature, in a future it will be I'm told.

I have to say that me personally would not make mod with ripped models, I think it is ok for learning, but I would not release such mod as there can be some complications, however everyone is free to do as they like as long as they also carry what might be consequence of action.

15. Lazy Takumi

Lazy Takumi Registered

Nice work ! :) could you convert a Street version of the toyota corolla AE86 (the same in Project D 2.0 mod) ? The Renault mégane trophy is boring ^_^ we want real JDM Cars ....and Drifting ! :p

16. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  17. FakeThinkpad

FakeThinkpad Registered

I genially look forward to this project, let me know if you need any input on the BNR32 or any future BNR34 as I have driven them both, stock and tuned versions.

A tip when doing the physics and suspension, do the tire model first or the car will handle a lot different when changing tires later on. Would be great to have stock tires and optional track day tires, for example Toyo R888. Suggest starting with ISI tires that uses the new tire model and work from there.

18. blackhole522

blackhole522 Registered

What's the planned car list?

19. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Thanks, I am in the process of making a basic website to show progress and gather data on vehicles. I will post the link here when it's done and any input would be apreciated. I plan on having different tyre options as upgrades.

I haven't fully planned a car list yet, I will work on these three vehicles and once I get better with the process' will add more.

20. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Currently (slowly) working on tyre model for the GTR. Taking me awhile to get my head around things. Inbetween I have been trying to implement the GTR's ATESSA-ETS AWD system, and think I have it nearly sorted, whereas the GTR is essentially RWD until wheelspin is detected then some torque is directed to the front wheels. This was a big thing for me, as in other games the GTR is represented as a full time AWD often with 50/50 split which is unrealistic.