Gen instances not working like RF1?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by toebee, Jan 30, 2012.

1. toebee

toebee Registered

I gave this a search and haven't seen a post about it but I would like some clarification. In the few mods i've put into RF2 the gen files aren't working like i'd expect. Every instance I put in the gen file shows up in the cockpit view with the exception of the "BODY_IN" instance. However the cockpit instance still allows me to hide cockpit gmts from track side cameras. Is this how its working for everyone or have I somehow screwed up the system? If this is how it works for now, is this how it's going to stay? Thanks.

2. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

I had the same problem with the ext interior showing up in cockpit view. I fixed it by making the ext interior lodin start at 2.0.

I also had the driver show up with static arms sticking out and fixed that the same way.

I'll be glad when we get some more tutorials.

Tony

3. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks for confirming im not alone. Maybe someone from ISI can chime in. It would be nice to know if we need to make cockpit specific gmts or not.

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

from the cockpit now the max LOD exterior comes in with it by default. so that you don't have to have double geometry while driving in cockpit.

5. toebee

toebee Registered

Sorry but I don't understand what your trying to say.

6. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I'm paraphrasing Tim in another thread of similar nature. he said that you don't have to wrap your cockpit in body parts now because rF2 now uses your slot id MAX LOD body instead.