Steering Wheels - Which is Best for PC Sims? (!!!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glastolover, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Magzire

Magzire Registered

For performance at best value = G27 & Clubsport Pedals

/end thread

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

The only thing predictable is some anonymous guy playing dumb over the www.

3. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Thanks for checking!

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

No problem! The more we can figure out on the subject the better. =)

I'd like to ask if any iRacing member here would mind sharing the program with the rest of us, it'd be awesome for testing various wheels on various machines.

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If I remember that program correctly from when I checked out iracing 2.fail it's used with mclarens atlas telemetry program. So unless you have that program and the proper plugin for it it won't work.

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Ach, wouldn't have though the guy who runs http://f-wheel.com/ would have had it, and the line "Every iRacing member can download it in the thread David started on iRacing forums, test his wheel and compare it to a ton of different wheels that have already been tested and results stored in David's wheel database." made me assume it didn't require anything specific.

From what I've read it doesn't have anything to do with car telemetry though, it's just a general FFB wheel tester.

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Guys, where the hell can one buy a set of Clubsport Pedals? I can't find anywhere that sells them. If the price is right, i would really like to purchase a force cell brake pedal.

8. blanes

blanes Registered

Fanatec Porsche Wheel Turbo S here, just updated Firmware and Driver and it is a brilliant piece of kit, mine is 2 years old and have never had a single problem with it, quality build. Together with the Clubsport Pedals and including 2 different shifters it cost me AUD$599 and was worth every penny.

I have a 2nd complete wheel/pedals as a backup but never did need them yet.

ps. new firmware is beta and only problem I found is the lights on the wheel buttons aren't turned on, but doesn't affect any other function of the wheel.

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Please tell me, how good is the load cell brake pedal. :p

10. mac22

mac22 Registered

I have use many wheels! (including G25 and 911s) and if you can afford it the CSR Elite is my a long way the best wheel I have ever used!

11. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I just order the CSR Elite pedals. :D

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Have they tackled the issue in newer drivers? Do you think the t500 with a 500hz update would go down to the 9-10 ms range in terms of its first movement like the g27 did in the tests?

13. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I haven't seen it stated anywhere that the new firmware raised the update rate to 500Hz, that would have to be confirmed first. The release notes just say "Optimization of the latency, refreshing and reactivity of Force Feedback effects for “next-generation” games."

But even if they did go to 500 MHz it's not a guarantee, because the Driving Force GT is also a 500 MHz wheel and has 17 ms of latency (first move), and so is the GT3, which has 14 ms of latency (first move). It should make the situation better, but it's not a guarantee. Someone needs to test it. =)

14. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Yes I am, that test looks interesting however I am on the beta firmware at the moment and my wheel feels horrible as a result. When I downgrade the firmware I will try and do the tests. There are 20 pages of responses to the test, has no one else posted with a CSR wheel?

15. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I'm not an iRacing member so I can't see anything that goes on on the forums. =)

16. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

The embargo for the Clubsport Wheel platform lifts on the 29th so you guys will hear more then.

17. coops

coops Banned

load cell = the ants pants, g25/27 users should go for the perfect pedal = ( brake only ) good as load cell

18. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I also moved from G27 to regular CSR. The FFB feels very good especially with build 90. Should not be overlooked in the bang-for-buck category.

I now have a APelectrix (Andy Pastore) load sensor brake pedal on my G27 pedal set. (Anybody else using one?) It's a good way to get away from old school brake pedal for not a ton of bucks. Cost $75 and installs straight into the G27 set. Never tried any other load pedals on market so I can't make comparisons but for sure it is more realistic than force=rotation distance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  19. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I would say to people don't expect the load cell brakes to immediately improve lap times, it still doesn't feel as a good as a real brake in terms of modulation but that's just my opinion. When I stop and think how much they cost me, the CSR Elite pedals aren't that amazing. The clutch also has a hideous squeak on me after only 2 months of owning them. Also they are not adjustable enough as far as I know anyway, the gas pedal feels horribly light, no feel when wearing shoes and if you make it heavier you loose all the throw. Just my thoughts. :D

20. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I don't really think people get them because they expect to become faster with them, they just get them so that it'll be more realistic. I definitely don't use an H-shifter because I'm faster with it. =)