Steering Wheels - Which is Best for PC Sims? (!!!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glastolover, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

G27 with brake mod.

2. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Note to self: Stay away from Cleverleyson EBAY auctions when looking for a Lightly used Sim Wheel lolol :)

3. steve30x

steve30x Registered

What I have been noticing with my G25 with the pasrt year is there is more FFB feel when its centred than when I turn the wheel. When I turn the wheel the FFB almost disapears. I've been using the same settings in all games I use since I got the wheel. I am definately thinking of buying a Fanatec GT3 RS V2 which has a drift mode option which makes the wheel spin more freely and much quicker than my G25. The Fanatec wheel alone is a cheap option and I can use my G25 pedals with it until I can afford the CSR Elite pedals.

Has anybody here went from a G25 to the GT3 RS V2? I know one person had a fanatec and prefered his G25 but the GT3 RS V2 is a better wheel.

4. smithy

smithy Registered

Hey jubuttib,

This isn't entirely true, I have the G27 and it's possible to map 3rd and 4th gear to "shift-up" and "shift down", I've done it to help simulate a sequential shift in the Aussie V8 Supercars mods in RF1.....works fine. The G27 is a fine wheel for the money and although there are better wheels out there for nearly twice the money, I don't think they're twice as good as the G27..!

Cheers,
    Smithy.

5. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

G25 or G27 they are well made work with everything and cheep for the price , Logitech also have really good support.

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Hehe, yeah, of course you can map it like that and add some rubber bands (or something like that) to make it function as a sequential, and I've actually done this for my friend's G27. I wasn't a 100% serious, as you can probably tell by the "=)". Still, what with all the upgrades I really like (like the added buttons and the rev leds), it's a real shame they took out the proper sequential mode, I really like the feel of it myself. The shorter throw is nice and the stiffness feels nice to me out of the box.

7. dibbdroid

dibbdroid Registered

I've had a Logitech Momo Red, Momo Black and G25, they're all good. I also had a Logitech Drive-FX for xBox 360 reasons which was not so good.

Now got a CSR-Elite and Clubsport pedals and they're an awesome combination.

If I was on a limited budget I'd look for a G25 on Ebay, I've tried the G27 and it feels a little 'detached' compared to the G25.

8. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Aren't they just about identical mechanically though? =/

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I loved the sequential on the old cheap momo racing, it had such a positive click you really new when you pressed it enough to engage the next gear, the g25 has this soft mushy engagement, where sometimes you don't push/pull it enough and it doesn't switch gears, its pure ****

10. steve30x

steve30x Registered

No they changed the cogs in the wheel.

11. coops

coops Banned

the next wheel i would buy would be the new fanatec club sport wheel detachable wheels quick release and diff choice of wheels and if you have the csp pedals you will have a great package. currently i have fanatec gt2 csp pedals so sell me wheel or wait 1 yr after the release then buy.

12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

It's a bit of a hard sell for me. Both the CSW and the CSR Elite have the same base, and while the CSR Elite's buttons are limited to what the game consoles support, it costs less than the CSW + wheel rim, and already has a wheel rim included in the price. Quick release isn't really a selling point at least for me, since I can't see myself changing the wheel rim all that often. And if I do want to change it, the CSR Elite will oblige, just with a bit more work.

If they'd differentiated them more I'd be more interested in the CSW, but as it is I just don't know.

13. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

i bought my g25 wheel for £120 when it was on sale being discountinued :) what a bargain. still going strong

14. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I have mine with five and a half years and the forcefeedback is slowly fading with the past year.

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've heard you can get G27's for half off if you phone logitech and tell them that you have purchased logitech products before. It sure doesn't hurt to ask that's foresure.

16. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I am looking for a change though. I dont want to go for a G27 because its too much like my G25 and anything cheaper is rubbish.

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Everyone I've talked to who owns a DFGT loves them. Just saying.

18. steve30x

steve30x Registered

No thanks. Its basically a Driving Force Pro with a facelift and new buttons for GT5. I had a Driving Force Pro and loved it until I got my G25. The G25 rotates a lot more freely (There is a whole lot of steering dampening in the DFP) , the pedals are a thousand times better in the G25 and the focefeedback on the G25 is a whole lot better.

19. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

The DFGT wheel rim on the other hand is definitely great. If only I could have that on my G25... Well, maybe with a bit more metal, but the buttons are excellent.

20. SCampbell

SCampbell Registered

I'm on a 3 year old G25 and it still works great