rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Magnus

Magnus Registered

Hi all, I'm having a strange problem with this plugin and I didn't find other replies in the net: the lap times recorded by rF2 into the game is not the same of the ones that I see into the MoTec lap datas. I tried with different cars and tracks, I always have an average difference and offset of 1.5 seconds.
    Can anyone help me please?
    I tried also different settings into .ini files (data rate, duty cycles, etc), no results

Thank you so much

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Get a more recent version of i2Pro. You should be able to find 1.0.21.0069 on the Motec website, and that works fine. (the latest 1.1.x versions aren't supported yet)

Note: The 1.0 version is in Downloads -> Software -> Old Releases

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
  3. Greg23

Greg23 Registered

I love this! Got my Corvette lap times at Lime Rock down from 57.x, sliding around like crazy and just holding on - to 49.x (nothing to brag about but getting there), where I can actually attack the corners, just by using MoTeC to get the camber right and do a little sway bar adjusting. Working on getting a baseline for various cars before I go back and work on less obvious set up changes.

4. Cornelius Horn

Cornelius Horn Registered

Can you help, Motec i2 Pro says he can only supports pro files.Call cant open with Motec Pro rfactor 2 log Files.
    Greeting Nelius

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

See above :)

6. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Lazza, when do you plan to release new version of the plugin??

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When it's done ;)

Time for this stuff has been really limited... got a few loose ends to tie up and then I'll release something, and it'll be missing a few of the basics I expected to have done let alone the trickier options. I don't want to put a time on it... could be a long way off (either way) and that makes it a waste of time.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Beta / early release of next version available here.

Please consider the version in this thread a more reliable backup in case of problems.

9. Jernej Simoncic

Jernej Simoncic Registered

Thanks a lot for this!

I've got one problem though, and I haven't been able to find solution to this for a long time: ride heights are somehow inverted. So the faster I go on straights, the higher ride heights get in motec, and in corners the inside part of the car gets lower and the outside higher. I'd had this problem for a long time, but then some previous plugin showed it correctly. Now it's again wrong. Is this motec problem or plugin problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

10. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Kind of sounds like you have your ride height mixed up with the suspension height. I'm fairly sure the plugin records the channels correctly as I've never run into this problem. Possibly an issue with your Motec profile. I seem to recall that GTR2 does it backwords, if you're sharing the profile between different sims that could be the problem.
    TK

11. Jernej Simoncic

Jernej Simoncic Registered

Ah yes it was suspension position. rF2 is the only sim that I use with motec. I'll ask further in the other topic with the new plugin

12. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Hello,
    On Targa Florio, rF2 crash every second pit lane out, when the plugin is installed.
    Am i the only one having that error ?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've never tried Targa Florio in rF2 so can't offer any direct experience, but I did log on the rF1 version (calibrated the GPS there in fact) so there shouldn't be anything about the nature of the circuit that's causing an issue.

Can you better describe where (on the track) and when it happens?

14. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

I'm sorry m(_ _)m, i tested again, the game crash is caused by another plugin, Delta Best plugin, that display splits from the second lap.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Don't be sorry, you just made me happy lol

16. Juan

Juan Registered

Hi, Somebody has the MoTec Software to analyse data from this plugin. a link to download the correct versiĆ³n of MoTec i2. My OS is Win 10x64:)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd rather not supply a direct link. The company is Motec (google finds their site), for this plugin you want to download from their old software section, i2Pro V1.0.21.0069 is the latest that will work.

If you want to use the more recent (1.1.x) versions of i2Pro (I haven't tested the one released 2 days ago, but probably still works) try this newer plugin (still in beta):
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/25689-DAMPlugin-for-rF2

PS I think I always have to say, this isn't a motec product and they don't offer support. Using i2Pro with this plugin contravenes the EULA. Please don't use their forum :)

18. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

Lazza,

Thanks for a fabulous plug-in. The only additional item I would like to see is track position (the car's line relative to the edges of the track). Most data acquisition systems have been using GPS for this for some time. I don't see this feature in either the Motoc Standard or Pro software. Obviously rFactor knows where the car is relative to the edges of the track. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Side note: the Standard version of the Motec software through the current release works fine with your plug-in. This is what I use only because when I installed your plugin I didn't realize I needed an older version of the Pro version so I downloaded the Standard, it worked, and that is what I learned to use.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

i2Pro has had GPS for a number of years, which you can set up realistically (drive the left side of the track, then the right, select those in i2Pro and then future GPS plots will be laid against the track layout). My rF1 plugin includes a tool for pulling track layout information out of the track files (AIW) directly and generating i2Pro track map files, but in rF1 the track files are sitting out and easy to check/read; I haven't revisited this for rF2 at this point.

i2Pro v1.1.x versions install separately to v1.0.x versions, so you can install both without any problems. The latest 1.0.x is from last December I think, and isn't lacking many features compared to the 1.1.x version.

The newer DAMPlugin I've linked in my post above works with the latest versions, and allows you to log the 'track position' but looking at one of my recent logs I think the AIW 'track cut' zones are overriding the track edge values, which doesn't make it very useful. Very often the track cut zones are well past the edge of the racing surface to avoid silly penalties when cars leave the track in areas that can't possibly be used to gain any time, so right now those figures give you absolutely no idea where you are in relation to the track itself. Well, you do get your distance from the centre line. I would still consider it more useful to take the 10-15 mins to set up the track layout with GPS and do it that way (in Tools -> Track Editor, you can Generate Track and select the lap where you drove the Drive/Inner/Outer line. These 3 will then (optionally) appear in a GPS track component, along with the current logged GPS data of course).

One final note regarding GPS: turn off GPS corrections in i2Pro for plugin generated logs. My plugins currently generate GPS positions around (0,0) and very low values make i2Pro think the data is invalid. I might change this for a future version of the DAMPlugin.

20. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

Thanks for the incredibly quick reply, Lazza. GPS track position is working great with your original plugin and the latest 1.0.x Motec i2Pro software.