rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Ups. :D I might have missed that info that some of them allready exist. :D I think that CurrentSector would be good to log and even at a high rate. If it would be at 1Hz and you drive 300 km/h when you go from S1 to S2 the log might produce an deviation of 3*27 meters (100km/h=27m/s). Of course PitGroup can be logged at 1Hz as it is only usefull for analysing the new automated PitGroup allocation introduced to build 880. The Session info could be stored in the file info, so that it shows this info in the details area on the right side of the "open log file" window.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just a quick heads-up: the latest version(s) of i2Pro (1.1.xxx) won't load the logs my plugin generates. But it's an easy fix, so the next version of the plugin will work.

In the meantime use the 1.0.xxx versions.

4. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Thanks Lazza. Which version will the nect version be, so we know when it is available?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll probably start a new thread for it.

6. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

If so, could you be so kind to let us know about the new thread in this
    Thanks

7. Nick88

Nick88 Registered

Not sure if this is right. But I am getting no steering or pedal rates?

[​IMG]

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Don't worry, I'll make it clear :)

I wouldn't be checking every day or anything though... it'll be a while yet.

i2Pro has default graphs set up using 'standard' channel names. In a number of cases those channel names don't match what is actually logged. If you go to one of the standard views (like the very first one) that show the list of logged channels on the right, you'll see what the actual channels are called. Or you can go straight on to editing the table you've shown here, remove the brake and steering channels that don't work, and add the ones that do (there'll be a full list of channels to choose from, but if you type in "brake" you'll get only those channels with that in it... will help to narrow it down quickly).

This is an important concept to understand - each log file can potentially have its own channel names, and if they don't match your project channel names you won't see the data. Always check the logged channels to troubleshoot 'missing' data.

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

thx for the info and your ongoing support!
    It is a must have plugin for me. And it gives me for the next hundred years exercises to understand what I can see and analyse :D
    Love it.

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello Lazza,

I was unable to recover the info about damper speed, I think there is the adequate place to post about it and not in the thread about the beauties of RF2 tire model as I did.

I have been unable to recover this channel (ran FR3.5), it doesn't appear in the list of logged channels, I read your thread of the plugin and you spoke of editing a table to match names, I didn't catch how to.

I ran RF1 and I looked at the channel damper velocity and it said it's origin was logged, with same Motec and project I see this channel.

What am I doing wrong in RF2?

Thanks for your help and your time.

This is my MotecPlugin.ini

uty log cycles = 2500 // Log build cycles to perform per frame when busy (in-car, driving)
    Active on startup = 0 // Sets whether logging is active by default; 0 = no, 1 = yes
    Activation key = M // Key to press to (de)activate logging; single character (0-9, A-Z) or key code (eg 0x4D)
    Key modifier = 2 // Modifier to be pressed with activation key; specify ONE of: 0=none, 1=shift, 2=ctrl, 3=alt
    Realtime building = 1 // Whether to start building logs while still in-car; 0 = no, 1 = yes
    Use local timezone = 1 // Converts the log time to your local timezone (otherwise uses UTC); 0 = no, 1 = yes

[Channels]
    Data rate = 0 // Telemetry capture rate; Enter a value from -2 (useful minimums) to 2 (100Hz all channels)
    Extra tyre temps = 1 // Log tyre carcass and inner rubber temperatures (Build 660); 0 = off, 1 = on
    Inputs mode = 3 // Log unfiltered or filtered controls input; 1 = unfiltered, 2 = filtered, 3 = both
    Aerodynamics = 1 // Log rF2s extra aero info (drag, front/rear downforce, front wing height, front/rear rideheights; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Contact patch = 1 // Tyre contact patch channels (ground and patch velocities); 0 = off, 1 = on
    Engine info = 0 // Extra engine channels, incl. torque and boost values; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Vehicle info = 1 // Various vehicle status channels, plus vehicle pitch/roll/orientation; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Tyre info = 1 // Extra tyre/wheel channels; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Weather = 0 // Extra weather info (cloud/rain/wetness/wind - most not currently active or are obsolete in rF2); 0 = off, 1 = on

11. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks a lot for your help.

But with the same version of Motec (same program for RF1 and RF2), and the same Motec project I have Damper Velocity when analizing an RF1 car and not in RF2. As I said when you look at this channel in RF1 it says origin = logged not calculated.

I'll try to enter a formula this W.E. and see if it works.

Thanks again.

13. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

For all the cars I tried it with (which are not many: EGT and T5 from URD, Megane and 350z from ISI) I had damper vel graphs.
    So 2 possible reasons for you not experiencing the same: Damper Vel can't get logged directly in rF2 (pretty sure this is it) OR the car you used doesn't provide these values. Make sure you're using the damper vel math function and that it uses the correct channel name. It's "suspension pos" IIRC - if another name is used in the function it won't work obviously. So check out that math part of Motec :) Damper Vel should be under "Global math functions"

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Lazza and I3 Bullets

With your help, I figured how to add the derivative channel. I learned a little more about Motec.
    Thanks to both, I really apreciated your dedication.

15. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Hi Lazza and others

Just curious as it gets confusing sometimes. It might be helpful when we post that we share which version of i2 you are using and which version of the plugin you are using. That way it may be way more clear regarding how to answer questions and for everyone to know where someone is coming from with their question. Right now I am confused as to which plugin is the latest? I believe it is the 28Jun2014 version that is still the latest?

Thanks

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep. I'm not doing a very good job of keeping the first post up to date with recent rF2 versions etc, but I have and will keep the links up to date :)

17. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

Just read through the whole thread and saw a few people ask about it but no concrete answers - is there a way or setting to make the plugin write a complete log file every lap?

Beside my sim setup is a workstation with I2 running on it, I2 has an option to monitor a log folder and will automatically open a new log whenever it sees one there (this is separate from the telemetry server option). It is monitoring the log folder on the sim pc via a network share which works great, it opens the log when the session is over.

However when "coaching" someone it would add an entirely new level of access and ease to have my workstation open up his most recent lap automatically in i2 every time he completes one so I can quickly looking at braking inputs etc to compare to his last lap, all while he's still driving and we don't have to exit out of the sim

Any way to make this happen? I see "log build cycles" but I don't think that would do the trick

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It can't do that at this point. I wasn't aware i2Pro could do that automatically... can you please PM me with more info? Thanks.

19. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

That would be great. So we would be close to realtime telemetry. In an endurance race you could write the file in a dropbox synced folder and your teammates could analyse it.
    Would have helped me this year. I didnt repair aero damage on my car, because it was still ok, but the front downforce loss was higher than I anticipated and I ruined my front tires.

20. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

I am an established ms paint artist, among other things

[​IMG]

:rolleyes: