new track! Snetterton 300 0.2 By F1-S-R

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TiTaN, Jan 25, 2012.

1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Textures and buildings look extremely sharp my end. Don't know if it's scratch built or not though

2. Welder

Welder Registered

Works fine! Many, many thanks! :)

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Set a race start time of 4:30pm or 7:30am, it looks like a GT5 track almost, nice work guys

4. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

Nice Job, installed first time, looks really nice, cant wait to see some more details added as it progresses!

5. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

Ok, time for an explanation here.

This track was originally made for F1-S-R to use in their league races, as I was given less than a weeks notice to get the track done it uses objects from the Codemasters TRD3 version (mainly buildings) combined with scratch built track. In the end the track was completed in 4 days and because it was for a league race the AIW was never finalised (not required)

The track was never officially released but was shared by a few members of the league.

With the release of rF2 and wanting to try a few of the new things that were now available I decided it would be a nice surprise for one of the Management of F1-S-R if I converted the track to rF2 for him, this amounted to about 3 or 4 hours work, so what you have here is a track built in 4 days that has had 4 hours spent on getting it into rF2, when I was asked if the track could be shared with other F1-S-R members it was on the condition that this fact was pointed out as I didn't want anyone seeing this track as anything more than it is.

This track has not been released as such, it has been posted places it shouldn't have been and has ended up here. If people get some use from it, if they can practice making mod files using it, if it is any use at all then I'm okay with it being available but please remember how the track came about and that it really is just a quick job, also that I have yet to decide if I'm going to continue working on the track so there will possibly never be any updates to it, we'll see how all this components, mods and packaging turn out before I make any decision.

6. Heikki360

Heikki360 Registered

Thanks! Fantastic track and fantastic work, i love it, the last corners are very tricky.

Well, your 'alpha' track is still better than many 'official' releases, and the most important thing: 100% functionable. Congratulations, if you made this in 4 days i don't know what you are capable of if you continue working on it ;)

7. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Something i note:
    When i´m alone, fps goes above 70 ( hdr off, sun oclusion of, all rest at max - using hd6870) others tracks i get 45~50 average during race
    Track seems too rubbered at the begining and in my tests didn´t change much after few laps. Despite that, great grip feeling in this track.
    AI drivers breaking in the midlle straight from the pit for no reason

(really sorry for my english)

8. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

wow, imagine what you can come up with in a months worth of work!

9. Heikki360

Heikki360 Registered

Seriously, i can't believe this was made in four days.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Maybe looks impresive as for 4 days of work. But i though our goal is to race on tracks graphicaly comparable to other titles. Looks I was wrong and we are going to deal with the same situation as in rf1. Someone made 'beta' and 'wip' therms so common

11. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

do you bother reading the whole thread, this wasn't released, shouldn't be here, can be removed just as easily.

Don't like it, don't download it, it wasn't meant for you anyway.

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I've read you explanation. So my post is not directed to you, just to one who released it.
    Calm down

Ps. I couldn't judge this without checking/downloading. So your suggestion is a bit off.

13. CRex

CRex Registered

Well I'm glad it got out cus I'm having alot of fun driving it. Really nice job, impressive!

14. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Sure looks like a nice track, but if I would come with some suggestions, it would be nice with some elevation of the more drastic way.

I think we should get some more fantasy tracks with some serious elevation here and there.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thanks for the explanation Laser, certainly is a lovely track for just a short amount of work done on it, top job :)

16. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

OP i don't understand why you posted this track in a such confusion.

There are dedicated thread to modded tracks, modded car and even plugin.

More than a thread has been opened pointing to the problem.
    You are risking that we lose the mod if you leave with other threads in such confusion.
    Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  17. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

don't know why that comment is relevant for this thread. many users post problems in main section instead in problems section.
    I posted here to everyone see and have the opportunity to tried it. Track modding section in my eyes is mainly related for problems in modding tracks.

18. andyg1

andyg1 Registered

Besides the great track, Nice drive Heikki!

19. Heretic_NZ

Heretic_NZ Registered

Awesome stuff, downloading it now and will install on my system later on after the updating of the drivers.

Thanks again for releasing this track for us to enjoy :D

20. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

I noticed this also. Not coming from the pit, but on the straight passed the pit is where I noticed this slowdown or breaking.

Alan