Online is not good.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valerio Kinex, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck Registered

its a pitty really. I do not agree with the iRacing comment either. As soon as you get out of the rookie class get a decent iRating it gets alot better, there is no upgrade structure in rF, which can help manage this.
    I have yet to see an idiot in the higher classes turn arround on the front strech taking out half the field. Just because his little ego got busted. And if so you protest and they get a ban.

I think this is a hot issue. If rF2 handles a uniek iD when you login to a server and you ban a specific driver based on that iD code it ultimatlly will clean up the public servers that have a admin present. Or some sort of point system would have worked for clean driving that would then be able to set as filter on your dedicated server. Dont forget open servers are a big part of making new friends, or getting to know new leagues and there drivers.

Hiding every server behind a password + league will close up the whole online experience so much we will soon have empty online servers which is a pitty. When rF1 just came out and only some well informed sim racers where racing it its was awesome fun on the public servers and i made a lot of new friends i still race with today. Open servers at low coast is a big charm to have an rF2 subscription for imo, but i am already fed up with the amount of wreckers, i only play ofline atm.

I will get of my soap box now :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

the only way this can be moderatley controlled is to have a driver level system ie: certain miles driven,races raced....but i dont see rf2 doing tat so i would suggest working with a server you like- and helping the server admin "BAN" not boot "BAN" those who just want to crash a race.

yerah yeah i know about ip, just trying to make online racing a little more fun!

3. SeKa

SeKa Registered

It´s really sad currently with crash kiddies on public servers. We started to moderate our Server for awhile, becouse we do not want to permit this disturbance, or feel compelled to lock the publics, and there are allready few banned crashers. Yesterday it was a nice evening with 20 - 30 drivers.
    Anyway it´s disappointing, that from beginning of the beta so many brainless are allready online.

But to raise the price is no solution. To manage and force a Driver licence may be a better attempt.

4. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

AGREED- When hosting there are options for rank maybe isi can make that work with online??

5. RacerXtc

RacerXtc Registered

I think a lot are new.. During practice session, you need to hit a certain speed on the track to qualify to race. I would like to see this option..... If you can't get up to speed you shouldn't be racing.. look for another practice session and work on your ability's.. If you can't find your braking spots in traffic your not ready.. You Don't want to be labeled a wrecker.. It's a new game, and if a driver is up to speed is still wrecking we need a time out button.... at least 45 seconds in the pits to think about what he did, and be out of the way for the rest of the race. I would hate to make a mistake and get banned for 1 error. But if it continues I'm up for the ban. Now I'm off to the corner... gum on nose :eek:(

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'd really like to know what the heck raising the price would do other than having less people around. LOL.

7. theother5

theother5 Registered

LOl crash Kiddies is the cleaned up name for 'rammers' now it appears ... how language changes.....

Seriously, complaining may help vent the frustration but ISI are not going to do anything about it.

Go find a private league/server and see if it's better.

Edit: CndRacer .... you and me too .... this is not so well thought out I fear!

8. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Is it possible to set up as default that if you do not qualify, you cannot race online?

9. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

I think this is a Admin response in game- So an Admin will have to Remove drivers whom do not qualify.
    But as stated prior- You can Admin your server or join a League server as theother5 suggested, other than that it is at the end a "PUBLIC" server, Its like taking public transit some people know how to behave others need to be kicked off lol

10. jtbo

jtbo Registered

When damage is closely to what it really is outside the sim world, then that would stop this bad behaviour, also if car is not in condition to drive because of crash in race 1, driver should sit out next race, until he could race as his car is 'being repaired'. Would calm down people for sure.

Of course it should be taken care of that there is no holes, so that quitting and joining to other server should result still sitout.

Surely annoying for those that are being rammed into, but after a while ramming would be reduced a lot and it probably would not be an issue after that.

10-12 year olds often don't think much, they just go by feel and it is impossible to make them think bit ahead, unless they have to wait, oh my how much young ones hate waiting, they will do quite a lot to avoid such horror and usually those failing to brake are young ones that are still learning rules of world around them :D

11. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

A quick IP Change and there back on before the track even changes for the next race..

12. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

The only way to race public servers is to start at the back and let the carnage happen in front of you. After the first few laps, you'll be in the top five, because the idiots will have taken each other out, and the rest of the race you will likely, stress on the word likely, be running with more skilled opponents. It's been that way for as long as I have been in sim racing.

iRacing is no different in the rookie classes. Think of public servers like rookie events, where any idiot with the game can come and play. Arrive and drive, and if your lucky, at the end your still alive!!

13. Lars Strijdonck

Rasing the price is not really going to work imo either, the charm of rF is the fact you can run servers at low cost. Wreckers however are an issue and a constructive discussion about it should be oke imo.

14. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

everybody has the chance to learn.
    first time. happens to every one.
    second time. warn them to be carefull
    third time. ban for some days and hope he got better.

solved.

if you all are that good private server then and drive only with 2 players. yeahhhhhh fun funnnn funnnnnn

15. Lars Strijdonck

Its more about the guys that get there ego's busted start typing the worst garbage on a screen and then turn arround on a lap to take every one out. Its really really demotivating. Unique player Id's (not Ips') can weed that out pretty quickly on popular non pass worded servers.

16. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I understand that intention of ISI is to make that impossible by registering name to license owner?

When I did race online, my tactic was start at back, go slow race or two learn most of the grid, so that I could know whom to look out for etc. then start from back half of grid, taking wide lines at first turns, not fight from positions just steer clear of mayhem and after that start race, sometimes managed even win some, sometimes had great duels with equal skill drivers bumper to bumper for lap after lap, swapping places etc. lot of good racing can be on public servers too.

Usually amount of mayhem did decrease after few races as others saw how to get on top, of course many started to copy those tactics and after the evening all had memories of great races.

Well, quite good amount of cleaning did happen because of good guys vote banned those refusing to even try to be nice and clean.

That was other sim and over 4 years ago, but I think issues remain the same, it does not help that rFactor has such beasts of cars that are quite difficult to handle and many drive car they think is cool, not the one they can control.

I think that anything can be solved if put enough resources and time, why not have something like netkar had/has? Crash ratio for online races, so we could limit worse ones out to servers running without ratio limitation where they would be forced to work out lowering their ratios. Only car to car collisions should be part of that though. Surely crash ratio can get higher because someone else hitting you, but total toll would be on those that crash a lot and they would be easy to point out from rest.

There are hundred ways to make problem to be less of a problem if we try to make something work.

17. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

Unique Player ID's would be good. As it is now they can change their username, so if they get banned, they just rename themselves and come back. We had a guy once in a GTR2 server that was causing a lot of crap, so one of the guys on the server parked his car in front of the idiot's garage and kept him at bay until the race started. He saw he wasn't going to get one over on us, so he left, and we had our race.

18. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I dont play online because there is a rare in between race there. what I mean is either you get the people who are rammers and you cant get a clean race with them , then there is the elitest who will b***h and shout at you if you make small mistakes or accidently take them out and the in between is the races where you have racers who arent too serious but wont take you out at every given ocasion possible but who do make the odd mistake or who wont go nuked kamikazee on your a** because you accidently took them out. I used to play LFS onlne for about three years but it was hard to find a race that was'nt too serious or a race full of rammers. So I gave up on online races after that.

19. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Stop complaining and play the game. This is not i-please don´t touchme-Racing. This is sparta of simracing games. only the strong will survive :)

20. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

I just quit the game.. as it is now it's unplayable. it's like having cheaters in a online FPS. they ruin the game.

I had to quit...two restarts...i have seen one of the most lollous accident of my life.
    Just on start up first turn on the right.
    All slowed down...i felt something was arriving in the rear...someone actually trolled about 10 people running at 200 km/h like a bowling ball and did strike.
    I actually loled cause it was genuine fun.

Then after the secon turn...another accident.
    on 22 people, i managed to arrive 6...but when there was blue flag,, they actually it me the whole time...is this people blind?

In this thread:people that want to have fun on a racing game but can't for lack of VAC system or punkbuster like system.

They should work on a pumkbuster system that bans the pilot that hit another car with > speed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012