Online is not good.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valerio Kinex, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

I don't know if it have been already said.

I can't have joy in online.

In the forums, everyone seems educate and mature...
    In online you get hit by kamikazes every time you brake on a turn...this is insane and the game is completely ruined eccept single player.

when driving formula renault in the start..after the formation lap people crash into someone else to cause damage to the aleiron.

There must be some kind of moderation, or at least some sort of driving licenses to drive online, still the possibilities to save replayes and report in official forums to ban the damn crashers.

10 euro for years is too low..

we must cut out the non-educate people and the youngsters.
    I think this is a youngster problem, cause a 12 year old is more mature of the online crashers.

THIS IS NOT NEED FOR SPEED.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

i too have been crashed off the track a lot :( its very frustrating. When watching the reply back there does seem to be some lag on some cars which seem to warp into you or even in front of you too? Think maybe the online Code needs a little more tweaking?

3. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

Don't mix lack of self-control with netcode bugs.

Every time the race start..it's a mess.

And there is people still that ask to be careful on start...really?what are we in a 2 grade school? Are we talking to our dog not to jump on the table @dinner?Cause this is what seems like.

I don't understand. You can't win a race in the first 20 secs..so why rush and crash? i personally wait for people to start, then proceed to start...and at the end of the race?almost everyone has crashed or have damage to suspension...

People want to win and they don't brake hitting you in the rear...but then they crash after a lap. you see my point?
    In my opinion they do so also just to send you out of the track and win the race.

Netcode need to be improved for sure, and it will be as claimed in the readme by isi.
    But this is a helluva different problem.

4. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

i do agree with you on starts and it damn frustrating :( but there are some net code problems or bad connections also

5. Eero Forsblom

Eero Forsblom Registered

IMO public racing is, has been and will always be totally out of control. That is true even for iRacing, rookie leagues are pretty much mayhem 24/7.

I´d very much recommend on finding a league. I´m very happy with league racing and I tend to stay away from public sessions in all games. Don´t blame the game, blame the people :p

Edit: Making the fee higher is not a solution!

6. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

Eero, putting the fee higher will do.

7. Marlon

Marlon Registered

..... :rolleyes: wow just wow....

8. darkmind

darkmind Registered

They should do as America's army where you need to complete a series of tests/tutorials before you could get in different kind of races. I think that would work well to segment some of the trash:D (like me, i suck, but i really want to be good at the game and i dont irritate people on purpose).

For now, im just happy to be on a servere and race on the same track as other people:D

Ohh, and a segmentation of servernames like sandbox, pro and stuff like that. Im shure ISI is working on the problem:)

9. osella

osella Registered

Increasing fees is a nonsense.. spoiled kids will still be able to afford it (today it's quite normal if a 7year child receives 500$ phone for christmas) while I personally wouldn't pay some 100+ euro just for online play, I'd rather stick with stupid AI because it's just too much for me. And I know how to behave...

10. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

i realize paying 120 euro is too much also for me

Doing like american army is cool, but in racing you have a different set of abilities then just to learn a procedure, in example learn how to brake in time, learn how to modulate throttle,or learn how to keep reflex high for a whole race. Racing is a more dynamic content then to select the appropriate medication for a wounded soldier.

11. JWRPayne

JWRPayne Registered

It has always been this way with public racing. As iterated above, you will always find better racing in serious and even casual leagues. I have seen some odd warping issues that can cause unintentional accidents that appear to be bad driving. This will be fixed with time, I'm sure.

I also suspect the quality of driving will clear up once the game reaches it's final release, and we get a larger portion of mature and/or experienced sim racers jumping ship to rF2. I believe that patience will pay off, in the long run.

12. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

But you don't always have the possibility to race with your league pals.

13. JWRPayne

JWRPayne Registered

Well, that's not something that ISI or I can help, I'm afraid. I appreciate your frustration.

You're just going to have to either work out a way to drive in a league, set up your private server to race with friends or deal with the possibility that public racing is going to be a little messy. There's no other way around it, Valerio - I'm sorry. :(

14. Thomas

Thomas Registered

15. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

it´s true, were are so many crashkids out there ... so the consequence will be closed servers with password and you have to join a league.

My proposal is:
    Lets say a league is running an open server for 2 or 3 hours at night and every member will have to play the role of 'race control' for at least one race, kicking the crashkids if necessary .... after a race another member will assume control .... so we will "educate" our drivers by punishment and in future we may have (more) clean races on open servers.

Open servers should run a qualifying session of max. 20 minutes, followed by a race of minimum 12-15 laps.
    These 5 lap races are 'kindergarden races'.

For races (except Spa) define a Recon and a Formation Lap, so everybody has to drive to the grid and warmup tyres and brakes.
    Crashkids don´t like this procedure or will show their intention just in these laps, but 'race control' observes it.

what´s your opinion about?

16. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Open servers will always be hell...i just signed up at iRacing to compare a few things.

6 races, 3 take outs before turn 1... :)

And they pay more, have to go through a license etc....

It will just happen......not all are young either...some are new to sim racing...and some are just stupid....welcome to life :)

17. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

Gaucho i think that noone have power to impose that a crasher will be server control for one hour.
    It's a good idea, but it's a easily skippable punishment.

Stupid people will always be more than smart one...it's sad that also RFactor community sucks.

That's exactly why lady gaga winz awards and bush and berlusconi became president...sucks.

18. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Sorry ... I'm all out of popcorn today...
    [​IMG]

19. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

ahahah why is that?

20. J.V

J.V Registered

Open servers will be like rF1 there's nothing different in rF2. If you like realistic racing with rF2 you have to join a league or drive with your frends or people that you know on passworded server.
    Maybe some people like action/arcade type of racing , that's what you find when you go to open server, there are no rules how to drive.

My best what i did is 22 races in a row without accident in T1 in iRacing. Normal for me is 1-2 T1 accident in 10 races. When i joined iRacing i didn't do that well. With more starts and experience i've learned to avoid accident's better, but it will happen eventually. And sometimes it's your own fault, it's easy to blame others.