Remove rFmod Petition

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Wrinkly Man, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Exactly - my point. There are so many possible solutions to this so called "problem" it is ridiculous to just sit here and waste time whinging about it. People actively insult ISI here while having NO IDEA what is in the works.

ISI already know EXACTLY what you are whinging about - yet you just sit here and attack people while insisting you have a right to whinge. Fine! Whinge! Just dont pretend you are providing "feedback" and "helping" ISI. The complexity of this project is so many orders of magnitude above what most of you understand (as you are demonstrating) that you are really achieving nothing here but filling threads.

"Remove rfmod"...lol

2. Slothman

Slothman Registered

LOL...I just discovered how the Ignore list worked...BRILLIANT....

- click user name, view profile.
    - check user join date and realise all posts are trolling and only recently.
    - click on add to ignore list....approve.

Awesome stuff.....

3. conticreative

conticreative Registered

We should be able to race any mod on any track. Period. A track should be a separate entity available to all mods. As far as compatibility, this system (pairing mods and tracks) create as much confusion as the previous system.
    I was just online and I saw a busy server racing meganes on Montecarlo. I had to go get the F1Elites mod in order to race a mod I have on a track I have. Silly.

4. pdodd

pdodd Registered

+1

5. rer8

rer8 Registered

At the end of the day, I want to be able to drive any/all cars on any/all tracks. Simple thought.... maybe hard to implement. I was almost always able to correct for mismatches when online in rFactor"1".

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The more I drive this sim, the less I like the way tracks and mods are tied in together. This is an awful system. I liked mismatches better LOL. I'm also running a server and it's just too much of a PITA to try out a new track.

I sign the petition.

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Having getting in closer touch with rF2, I see the great physics that are exceptional and yet to be released great features improved from rF1. Well I think you guess it that I am not fond into rfmod / component / package system. It makes life a lot more complicated and frustrating. I really miss the "open" system of rF1.

So +1

8. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

JUst done a virus scan with Kaspersky and now most of my ISI files in the mod manager have disappeared and not one of my ISI backup files or "any track mod" files will open with 7 zip or winzip.
    Its not the first time these files have disappeared and stopped working either.

Not for the first time I am going to have to redownload these files.

Tedious....

9. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Did Kaspersky give you a report to say it removed them??

10. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Naw, actually I sorted it out.
    Something deleted my extra Megane All Tracks and 1960 all tracks mods as well as the1960 mod from the mod manager.

I was trying to extract the rF2 ISI files to the hard drive & mod manager before using the mod Manager to install them.
    The fact that the Putnam and Snetterton files extract to the Hdd and the ISI files dont threw me a bit.
    I just needed to recopy those lost files back into the mod manager as they were instead of trying to extract them - if you know what I mean! :D
    We live and learn eh!

11. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

As a league admin I'd rather help sort out the mismatches than use this new system.
    I sign too.

12. alister667

alister667 Registered

+1

I never had many problems with mismatches in rF1 anyhow.
    I really don't like tying cars and track together in a mod, separate car and track IDs, perhaps might be better, but I'm not a fan of how it is now. It simply limits choices/online availability.

Thanks

13. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

+1
    I'd like to have separate trackID/carID or... ModID, but created dynamically when launching dedicated server (so working more like just a session ID, rather than the whole mod package ID).

14. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I like that idea. +1

15. Gimli Oakenshield

Gimli Oakenshield Registered

All my arguments have already been outlined in previous posts so I'll only write :
    +1

LesiU, yours is the best suggestion ever posted on this thread IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
  16. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Ohhh man...I am pretty sure I suggested this ages ago...and I am pretty sure I copied it from someone else :p EDIT: Yep post #5 :p I also mentioned it in other threads....I feel this makes it the most convenient while still giving us a level of Mismatch control.

After reading ISI posts I am waiting for the next Update. I am praying more functionaltiy will be included if they choose to keep this method.

Problem is...since stopping the testing and waiting for the next update...I havnt even fired up rF2 since....

17. Gimli Oakenshield

Gimli Oakenshield Registered

Never said he was the first ;)

18. Slothman

Slothman Registered

LOL...no no you didnt...cant argue that one :)

I actually ripped it off from someone else...be stuffed if I can remember who though.

19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

+1 for individual ID for tracks and mods.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
  20. Novis

Novis Registered

+1 to OP.

All have been said in this tread already. I have read all the answers from Gjon but fail to see how a ModID could be any better than a combined TrackID/CarID system. If the original thought with ModID was to make it easier for the user play online, then going with a TrackID/CarID will defiinitely bring me less trouble joining servers without missmatches and requiring to download new content. For league play it will not matter, but the casual player will need to update mods everytime he go for a game... it will be no more casual playing I'm afraid.