[Track Addon] Putnam Park v0.2 Available.

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Alex Sawczuk, Jan 21, 2012.

1. SHook

SHook Registered

+1

Nice track.Thx for that Alex!

2. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck Registered

Back from arround the world just in time to start modding again :)

Thanks Alex much appricated!

3. Heikki360

Heikki360 Registered

I've just made a video of the circuit:

Nice track ;)

4. RBRacing

RBRacing Registered

Cool job. Thanks!

5. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Thanks for sharing this track. Been enjoying it with 60's F2's. 4wheel drifting thru the corners is a blast(maybe not the fastest way but my face hurts from grinning :) )
    I seem to be getting a bit of whitewashing on my screen when facing different directions at various times of day, maybe the hdr profile, because I havent noticed it on default tracks. All settings on full except shadows-high, filtering X4 an., and wind effects/shadow blur off.

By whitewashing I don't mean the ground and object texures being to bright but the view - sky and everything will kind of go white. Also it doesn't stay that way next lap it won't happen :confused:

Either way enjoying the track so far :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  6. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

hmm possibly, post a screen please. I didn't add any dawn or dusk specific profiles.

7. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

I just ran 8 laps and couldn't reproduce it(funny cuz it happened numerous times before, maybe my pc caused it). I will get a pic when/if I can.

8. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Thanks for this!! Runs great for me, no stutters, and better FPS than rf2 original tracks. It also looks great !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

+1 I hope the tracks can be added WITHOUT an ENTIRE mod for the final version of rf2, sincerely I don't see the reason why can't release a standalone track...probably because mismatches... but this will kill track modding :(

10. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Can i Make a suggestion.

Head to the BETA froum regarding packaging and start placing your EXPERIENCES on the threads there.

Do not say "it sucks"..attempt to make a mod, circulate or something...and explain concerns.

Personally this MODID system in its current form (and please not current form, it may change) will KILL rf2....simple.

It stops mismatches when you login (actually not all) but gives you the "mismatch" before you get there...with no information on how to fix it.

The ID system is a good idea, but not practical.

So I applaud Alex for releasing the track this way. Maybe now some of you guys who got this BETA to play, instead of test, will now understand the effort it will take for others to make your playing more enjoyable and hopefully express concern :)

11. TheAngryGimp

TheAngryGimp Registered

I just had a great race against AI and can't wait till the next export to try so headlights work again. Runs great on my gtx260 also. Great job on such a quick conversion.

12. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Which in turn would kill RF2. Quite often I try to use period tracks with period mods, as released, but racing Historic GT & Touring Cars on more modern versions of a track (referring to layout) is also done.

If track builders are required to code their track so it can only be accessed by certain mods will limit potential for championships, forcing much longer term use of RF1, defeating the purpose of creating RF2 in the first place.

There are a handful of mods quite a few of my members are eager for [as with many here], but it will be a waste of time having the mods unless we can access a good selection of tracks to run them on.

If I'm sitting down, in 8 to 12 months, to plan an online championship (I only use offline/singleplayer to get screenshots and make videos) and start to see that some of the tracks I want can't be run with WSGT2, or HGT&TC v2.0, due to MODID coding I'm going to be put in a situation where I will resort to RF1, and select Enduracers or HGT&TC v1.9, to get the most enjoyable and satisfying racing I can for my members.

This will have a flow on effect that the mods made for RF2 will only be any good for 'fun runs' and pick up races, which will cause modders to create less, as they don't see their efforts paying off.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  13. takkam

takkam Registered

thank you;)

14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

a simple solution is a double id check in the servers:

-MODID
    -TRACKID

in this way tracks and cars can be indipendent.

it will be the best solution.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There's already a mod to use any of the original tracks and any of the original cars on any track and these sorts of mods will continue to come out and enable us to use the cars on the tracks we want. Guys- let's drop the drama. You underestimate modders' cleverness.

16. Mauro

Mauro Registered

if i want to race online at Putnam today, i can't.

this is the problem. and it will be the problem for all future addon circuits.

17. Mauro

Mauro Registered

yes, but player for join the server must download:

A. the track
    B. the new specific modID.

it's very uncomfortable.

and when will be released 10 or 20 new tracks all will be most complicated.

18. Toonces

Toonces Registered

Yes: why in the name of Nuvolari are rF2's cars locked inextricably to artificially-designated tracks? Hasn't ISI heard of the vintage racing movement? Thousands of vintage racers are driving old cars on modern tracks. And many more would--if they could--drive modern cars on old tracks (an Audi R8LMS @ Bridgehampton, say, or Brooklands). Lots of old oval-track cars are driven on modern tracks (Indy roadsters at the Glen) and modern oval-track racers on old-time circuits (think Goodwood Revival). Or stock cars on road circuits. Or anything, anywhere, any time? If we wanted control-freak orthodoxy, we'd be driving iRacing.

19. Rogenator

Rogenator Registered

I tryed to run this trk and it crashed my game so how does it work?? I paid 85 bucks for this and dont want to have to put
    it back in just caus someone makes a trk. I will wait for ISI to release new stuff not modders.

20. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

maybe you should explain what happens a bit better and stop throwing pathetic cheap shots about.