Working rTrainer Mod with all tracks here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nike23osu, Jan 20, 2012.

1. nike23osu

nike23osu Registered

Yes i tried the .rfmod only approach but it gave me a problem mod every time. So i came up with this explination:

1. The .rfmod is currently READING from your "install" folder to see if you have the components installed. If you do have them installed (via .rfcmp) and if you do then it will not report "problem mod". Thus why i packed the components then used a vmod to reference everything else.

2. If i did not do the referencing then you have all the .rfcmp files installed and install the full .rfmod file without just referencing then it will install every single mas file again but this time in your "core" folder so you wind up with 3 different instances of the mod just to play it.

So going by the above the ideal system would be to be able to create a .rfmod file with all new content required by the mod and to be able to install it. When you install the .rfmod file it should also NOT install into the "core" folder but instead into the "installed" folder as any files in the core folder DO NOT uninstall even when you uninstall the .rfmod file.

Honestly id much rather just pack masses make my own file structure zip them up and distribute them loose as doing it this new way you will be required to have 2+ instances of the same files. That sucks as some mods for rf1 are 2+ gigs so if a mod is 4 gigs your going to need 8...someone didnt think this current system out to well to be quite honest :)

2. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Renault Clio - hää ?

3. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

totaly agreed !! +1

4. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Follow instructions and installs fine. Tx for the mod.

5. estravagancia

estravagancia Registered

thank you. all works great : )

6. Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids Registered

Fun! Thank you:).

7. Brooke D

Brooke D Registered

Thanks!! Works great!

8. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Once Again great work bUt I will have to wait for ISI to put out updates I get to many Errors whenever I do anything in the core files ....ty anyways!

9. kmw

kmw Registered

Thank you nike23osu, this mod is much appreciated :)

10. nike23osu

nike23osu Registered

I dont get what you mean...none of these files go into core files.

11. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thanks for uploading these files but in my opinion the rTrainer mod feels like i´m driving a speed boat. Is there a tutorial to uninstall this mod and all his features?

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

uninstall is same procedure as installing, only when you click on the components in the mod manager you choose uninstall instead of install.

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the mod Nike23osu; its great and I appreciate it highly. Nice that someone who is able to make a mod, did so and put some valuable time in it!

Hopefully I may give some constructive feedback?

I think the thing is just driving well, good job, but the only thing that I think is a bit strange, is the grip.
    The longitude and latitude is not in comparison; I can't get the car to spin, it just dies when I release the clutch (with a button) but when I make a slight move on the steering wheel, the back end steps out, even when driving constant speed.

Now, for convenient sake, I compare this car to a Formula Ford as they drive here in Holland. I am in a position to see lots of data of these cars and see them from close by. They are able to lay rubber for a 100 or 200 yards.
    This car does no yard at al.A light car like this should be able to.
    The ford also is a bit loose on the rear, but less than your car.

I would suggest to get a bit less difference here? Let us lay some rubber and maybe a little bit less stepping out on the rear?

Other than that; awesome!! Thanks again!

14. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

Remember these cars also have street tyres not slick. :)

15. navorsky

navorsky Registered

What is this rTrainer?? It adds new tracks and cars??

16. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

rtrainer é um carro que derrapa de lado até em 30 km por hora. Parece que está pilotando um barco e não um carro. Minha bicicleta tem grip melhor que esse carro. Não vale a pena.

rtrainer is a car skids off until at 30 km per hour. Looks like he's riding a boat and a car. My bike has grip better than this car.

17. CRex

CRex Registered

Is there any info on this car like weight / horsepower etc? Is it purely a fictional open wheel trainer or is it based on a real one?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  18. nike23osu

nike23osu Registered

@ Navigator - I can not take credit for the physics...this car is the car included in the devmod kit supplied to us. I can however speak about the car a bit....the car is to be compaired to the skip barber racing school car. It uses street DOT tires as well, if you are having problems with the rear end stepping out i can make a few suggestions on how to drive the car. First and most important you need to be on the throttle a bit anytime when you are turning the car, it stables the car out for balance....also get your breaking done before entering the turn or its gonna be tough to catch the car. In real life this is how these type of cars react.

To all, thanks for the kind words and glad everyone is enjoying it, so far this is probably my favorite car of any of the beta cars personally.

19. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

Yup mine to. Feels very real to me.

20. sport02

sport02 Registered

For me this rtrainer is better than the same car ( name skip barber ) in iracing .

These two cars are nears but the rtrainer is much fun because we can drift but not too much , the skip barber drift too much and often uncontrollable .

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012