Real Head Motion Plugin 0.1beta

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by magicfr, Jan 19, 2012.

1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm using Vissual Studio. So I don't care about what files I have to include. Just load the project and compile.

BTW: API is documented in header files. Look int, you will find a lot of info written as comments

2. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Added video from ModMate.

3. magicfr

magicfr Registered

You don't look this thread well enough, I linked every thing in post #47
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...n-Plugin-0.1beta?p=39114&viewfull=1#post39114

4. kmw

kmw Registered

magicfr,
    any chance this could be amended to work with GameStockCar and/or rF1 as well? :)

5. taufikp

taufikp Registered

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Well, i installed this version 0.6 but have some problems in monaco. When i reach the top of slope (didn´t know if you understand this) and begin to down, my head seems want to go up, not for a while, but for a long time. In fact all the way going down i´m looking up loosing part of the dashboard of the car (eve f1 1967) only stop to behave like this when i break and stop the car. I´ll try to do an video to showing better.

Here the videos (sorry for bad quality):

In the second video, you can see when activate the plugin, how slow stabilize the view:

ps: i do what you ask in install instructions editing the player file and usin default settings in your realheadmotion.ini
    In game my settings are:
    13% head movement
    0% exagerate yaw
    and 15% look ahead

I´m think it is something in the realheadmotion.ini but i don´t know wich parameter to change. Any help is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  7. magicfr

magicfr Registered

This the normal, wanted, behavior, thats why I make this plug, to simulate the work of inner ear that tend to stabilize your view to horizontal. If you read carrefully the explanations on my website, you will understand.
    If you don't like it, increase the PitchFactor, so the head will aligned to the car faster.

2nd video, again I already explained , when you see the logo on top left, rFactor2 is not calling my plug, so the camera stay in an akward position, ( the last position when you left the track ). And when the plug logo disapeared my plug is called , and it setup the camera at it's new position, there is nothing I can do about it. ISI guys seems to not have time for the plugin systeme, and I understand it :)

8. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thanks magicfr, i´ll try to increase the pitch factor as you sugest, but can´t you make the head stabilize view speed according to car speed?
    Like this: when in high speed the movement the head is slow because the gforce involved. When in low speed or after a crash the speed to stabilize the view is normal since there is no high gforce involved.
    Unless, after a big crash, you try to simulate a dizzy pilot shaking randomly his head. Better, if the car is completed wasted you could make the plugin make the head rest on dashboard or drop to side of cockpit simulating the pilot death. Like Senna in 1994.
    It will be cool if someone implement blood on helmet visor when car is totally wasted with this kind effect of your plugin.

9. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Factor parameters to change according to speed is a good idea for more control. I add it on my notes.

I will not add any "death" or "blood" effect for abvious reason : i'm playing to have fun, and those are not fun.

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thanks. But if its easy to implement the death effect, could you teach me to do that in ini file (somekind of "if" this happens -car not working anymore- "do" -loose head on dashboard) for my self amusing?

11. magicfr

magicfr Registered

It's not possible to do.
    And I will not implement it.

12. modmate

modmate Registered

For sure you will not, thats a really unneccessary idea, completely.:(

13. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Ok, but thats is yours opinions. Some people have fun on simulate things. And i´m not saying i´m a marjority for sure.
    For me, if my nick "dies" i´ll bet i drive more carefully since i have to create new profile every time this happen loosing all my progress/stats/achievments during the game.
    I´m not suggesting to set drivers on fire, walking off the cars and getting hit by others cars. Gta fills that needs.

14. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Yep, It's my opinion, and my plug hopefully :p

15. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

yes I know, and people are very careful with their plugs...

:D

16. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Hallo,

I want to change the orientation values​​, the
    the visible vibrations are turned off.
    Where do I change this.

17. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I give up on this plugin for now. I'll wait for the next release with the fix of head movement according to speed. To me, it's very annoying run in Monte Carlo. Perhaps in other circuits work better with other cars, but in the monaco driving f1 classic is not possible.

18. evphelps

evphelps Registered

Hello...
    Many thanks for this useful tool,much appreciated.
    I was wondering,is it possible to align the view ,so as to move the horizon down (to the bottom of my screen for preference)? :p
    I can never understand why the default driving view is always pointing at our feet? :rolleyes:
    I hope that made sense :eek:
    Anyway,thanks for listening.

19. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Andreas,what orientation you want to change? pitch , roll or yaw? And what exatcly you want to change? Resting value? G-Force factor?

EvPHelps, with "PitchDefault = -5" in the RealHeadMotion.ini you can choose the Pitch angle of the default view.

20. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

Thanks! I really like this plugin.
    It's great that we can adjust to our own preference.
    I would like to try adding back about 10% of the original vibration. Is that possible?
    Will this plugin work with Trackir when it is working in the game?