Track-side Objects

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by PLAYLIFE, Jan 19, 2012.

1. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

In particular I would like to see the fences at Spa not be 'solid granite'. I think they should be able to be broken as a normal wooden barbed wire fence could in reality.

Perhaps the material type can be adjusted so you don't bounce off the wooden fences but crash through them (knocking them down) instead. It will also allow cars to get back on track after having a paddock excursion.

I think even giving them the 'hay bale'-type material would suffice until a better solution is found.

Pure wish, would love to have deformable track-side objects such as armco and tyre barriers that can absorb energy from the impacting object and actually deform.

2. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

Excellent Ideas. Barbed wire instantly puncturing tires as well? :) the armco deforming is a whole beast in and of itself. it takes alot of processing power to dynamically change an object's shape depending on the LOD. of course they could easily have very minimal object sets such as minor bend, median bend, and major impact. it all depends how much work will be put into it. Im sure the 3rd party modders can do it.

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

4. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Yeh it is another whole beast indeed (pure wish!). I'm not so worried about the graphical representation as such, rather the physical side of things which I guess is more achievable. I have no idea regarding track-making but perhaps a slightly softer material could be used for armco/tyre barriers than currently.

Woodee, thanks for the link, maybe the Bigfish saw this post!