Stereoscopic 3D vision thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigtabs, Jan 18, 2012.

1. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

With the 301.34 driver rfactor2 is rated to 3D Ready , but its look by me very bad in Tv cam . What you are change in Driver ( and where ) , or can you Upload your Profile ? MfG from Germany

@StereoGamer , why dont open the lock 4 convergece ?

2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Only drivin in cockpit view with really low FOV - Sadly with newr drivers emulatormod is not possible anymore. So with the "old" drivers (290) I just played with the advanced settings enabled till it fits in game: STRG+F3/F4 depth/Tiefe (into screen) and STRG+F5/F6 convergence/Konvergenz (out of screen). Hab unterschiedliche Ergebnisse mit unterschiedlichen Mods - in RF2 ist es nicht so gut wie in RF1. In RF1 sind die "alten" F1 mods meine Favoriten (70-80-90 Mods) - aber wie gesagt:ich stell immer alles über die Hotkeys ein - auch auf jeder Strecke kann es etwas anders wirken.

http://www.xtremeforum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=495
    Other good "sites" for 3D gaming and info incl shader fixes for diff. games:

http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/

3. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Danke für die links , aber ich hab schon gegoogled wie ein doofer....Aber den letzten 290ger werde ich noch testen , wenn sich die konvergenz einstellen lässt sollte , so hoffe ich auch das ghosting weniger werden . Stehe aber auch mehr auf Pop outs , hat für mich die Beste " Plastische Wirkung " , Danke erst mal . MfG

4. modmate

modmate Registered

First of all please speak just english here, there is a german support site for that. The next thing is that the emmitter emulator still works fine with the latest beta drivers .24. Im still runnin that setup and it works fine on my tripple screen.
    Anyway the most newer lcd`s and plasmas are supported and you dont need the emulator anyway. I think it was all LG`s build since jan.2011 if i remember right. Have read it in the LG forums somewhere.

5. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Ok , in Nv 296.10 Driver the convergence is unlock , but the ghosting Prob is the same...The deep is playable with max. ~ 20 , how can Nv rated this Game 3DReady ???

6. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

With Build 85 + Nv 301.42 Nv3D works very fine like 3D Vision Ready Rated are Absulut ok . I am Happy :cool:

7. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Do you have 3d vision single display? I am looking after 3d vision surround. Not sure when I will put my hands/eyes on it but maybe until christmas :) but only if already tested by some one lol

8. kixpress

kixpress Registered

i'm playing with 3D vision using SONY HMZ-T1 - head mounted display - and game is brilliant. however, there is a glitch with 'hall of mirror'.
    with my right eye closed - left display - the lcd in sport cars is ghosting current gear number - with left eye closed - right display - everything is in order.
    simulated view:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  9. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Yep , Single Display ( LG W2363D ) .

Edit : Convergence are Unlocked : )
    Big Thx to Nv .

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  10. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Has anyone managed to get the rF2 beta running using the much older, 30Hz/eye Nvidia 3D drivers and shutterglasses? I'm sure such hardware is officially "unsupported..."

...but that doesn't mean it still wouldn't work.

I'm sorely tempted to try it myself over this weekend, if only to see a lifesize 3D projection again (it's been a couple years now since I last drove with one). I'm talking about old 4:3 format stuff here, @1024x768 60Hz (combined). As I recall it worked with "under/over imaging" and I KNOW it worked well in rF1 (but for minor color-wheel shimmering issues).

====

If the rF2 beta is going to INSIST I have 120Hz drivers or 60Hz per eye minimum, I won't bother, but...does anyone know for sure either way?

Thanks for any replies.

CS

11. kixpress

kixpress Registered

3D is supported only in 1280x720 @ 24hz & 60hz and 1920x1080p at 24hz.
    that's what i believe, at least with nvidia.

12. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Yeah, that's going to be the case with the newer Nvidia kit certainly, as 60Hz is their new minimum for PC gaming (perhaps 24Hz is allowed for watching videos or even replays?). The older stuff allowed 30Hz/eye though, which was workable for me, even if not for everyone.

I know it would work if I were to spring for a new 3D projector, of course, and the cost isn't terrible at all these days even to race in 720P...but I'm also rather spoiled, quite frankly, by having driven for two years now at 1080P...and it's hard to swallow the idea of "downgrading" (going back to larger pixels) even in order to trade "up" for 3D.

But more important: I do have prior experience racing with 3D projection at 1024x768, and I recall that the pixel size was much more of a problem then. It was not only more difficult to see the road, but also more difficult to see the 3D objects themselves--particularly those at immediate trackside (in the center cone of vision). The only way to address that is to reduce the overall size of the image (and therefore the pixels too) by zooming out*...or by bringing the projector physically closer to the screen. The latter also means "physically lower"...and that can be a problem too if the arrangement of the room is such that the projector hangs down too low. It would be an issue here, certainly.

[*if the projector allows it]

I suppose I'm talking myself into at least trying it to find out, regardless, so I'll let you know how it goes.

CS

13. kixpress

kixpress Registered

i have a gaming screen from iiyama that supports 1080p LED at 120hz (no 3D thought), and a 3D head mounted display that has 720p OLED @ 60 hz. and while 120 hz is smoother and 1080p more pixel detailed .. still 720p OLED 60hz image beats the quality of the image. it does has less pixels, but it's more immersive which equals in more fun.. and we all play for fun after all, right?

give it a try at least. it does make a big difference.

14. cogtvs

cogtvs Registered

Im using the Sony HMZ-T2 and can't get a stereoscopic 3d image in rFactor 2. I have activated the 3D Vision on my nVidia graphics card and the test program shows perfect 3D. It also works perfect in Dirt 3, and in the lower right corner of the screen the nVidia 3D vision rating is stated. When I start rFactor 2 I can see in my HMZ-T2 display "3D signal detected", but there is no nVidia rating like in Dirt 3. And when the game starts its no stereographic 3d. I have seen "Side-by-side" 3d videos on youtube from rFactor 2 with my HMZ-T2, and it looks really nice.

Is there anyone having the same problem?

The HMZ-T2 has a "side-by-side" mode. Is it possible to run rFactor 2 in "side-by-side" 3D mode?

15. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

This is probably a stupid question, but did you press "Enable 3D" key (default Control-T) once in game?

16. cogtvs

cogtvs Registered

I have tried that. When I press Ctrl+t nothing happends. Im using the latest Nvidia driver 306.97. I have the same problem in "Lock on Flaming Cliffs 2", no 3D.

If I disconnect the HMZ-T2, only using a normal monitor, the game starts in 3D with the overlaid red and blue 3d-image.

17. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Resurrecting an old thread.
    I race with 3D, but I don't use any software or anything special. I bought a Samsung 3D capable 51" TV two years ago. It does a quite nice 2D to 3D conversion at the TV. I just turn on my shutter glasses and away I go.
    rFactor2 is much fun in 3D. I just have ti use my TV settings to exaggerate the stretch of 3D. It works great!

18. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Built in 2D to 3D conversion is simpliest way to do it without performance loss and fps limitation, but the 3D effect is not so great. I also have Samsung 46" 3Dtv, but for real 3D in games I'm using TriDef software (for Amd cards). It can be very performance heavy once you enable 3D and there is also 30fps limit for 1080p, a bit better than 24fps, but still, for racing it's not enough, at least not for me. I have tried rFactor2 in 3D and I just couldn't feel it. I had much better experience with other games like Assassins Creed, Far Cry 3 or BF4 where bullets are poping out of your screen :)

19. Addict

Addict Registered

Hi, I have a Benq W1070 projector (is Full 3D) . Can I use any active glasses that it is not Nvision? Or only it works with Nvision system?

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I use 3x 27" monitors always in nvidia 3d vision

I couldn't go back to 2d now, it just looks like some flat cartoon,

Rf2 is excellent in 3d (as is other sim racing titles)

Watch out though as the HD oculus rift should be coming 2014 which should be another step up so no point in spending any monies now IMO