Fanatec CSR Wheel!!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by mjmueller, Jan 18, 2012.

1. mjmueller

mjmueller Registered

Does anyone have any setups for this? Please provide setting on wheel & in windows.

Thank You,

mj

2. ippai

ippai Registered

100 ffb on wheel the rest up to you. 85-90% ffb per car
    most importantly for the csr elite
    Steering torque filter="32"
    high numbers are supposed to introduce latency but as long as you can run 80 fps you wont get any at all with the elite.
    I used to run 10 but had very vague ffb in the middle of the wheel setting to 32 cures this big time. Ive not noticed any loss in ffb fidelity with a high setting.

3. mikemav

mikemav Registered

Thanks for the tip! I also use an Elite and that worked well. I even run triple screens in 3D (Nvidia 3D Vision surround) and didn't notice any latency @ 32 with my 2-way SLI setup. Default seemed to be 0? Hmm, guess that's safer not knowing what hardware/res people are running?

Anyway, when poking about in the FFB area of the controller settings I also noticed a line about "Use Damping" (default) or "Use Friction". Since damping was default I kept it that way but checking my Fanatec settings outside the game (general controller settings) , I had the damping slider on 10%. I think some run it @ 0. I don't recall what the Fanatec default is. Anyway, I upped it to 100% thinking if the game defaults to damping over friction, it must deliver damping cues to the wheel when set this way, so might as well let the wheel pass all of these effects through. Conclusion: I'm still testing, but initial few runs felt great!

Give it a try if not using already. I think I ran about 70% FFB strength in the RF2 car settings for the few I tested and it was really detailed and strong.