Virtual Mirror

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Jan 14, 2012.

1. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Not as far as I can tell. :(

2. Favio

Favio Registered

+1, I was thinking the same, it's possible to get low detail mirrors?

3. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

This should worth a try:

In player.plr change
    Rearview_Back_Clip="0.00000" to Rearview_Back_Clip="80.00000"

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

This idea should be added to the wish list. +1 (center virtual mirror, no car mirrors)

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Just wanted to comfirm the post above mine was wishful thinking, not fact.

6. samuelw

samuelw Registered

At least on my installation you can have virtual mirror only. You can have a virtual center mirror only. You can have the two side virtual mirrors only. You can have all three only. What effect these have on fps I have not tested.

7. kaptainkremmen

Strange, whenever I have the virtual mirrors on the car mirrors come on also.

8. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Every time you hit the number three key at the top of the key board (I believe this is the default key) the game cycles through the possible combinations of virtual and car mirrors. I have virtual mirrors = "1" in the Plr file. Under settings go to contols then click on the display tab at the right. This gives setting options for key strokes to initiate various display options such as hud, lcd up and down, ect. The topmost setting under display is "toggle mirrors". The game ships with toggle mirrors set to "num_3". the three key at the top of the key board. Every time you hit three a differnt combination of vitual and car mirrors occurs cycling through all combinations. I apologise for my directions. I was never a successful teadher.

9. kaptainkremmen

How many combinations of mirrors do you have? When I use 3 to cycle through I have 5 options.

virtual mirrors = "1" can you confirm this line, I do not have it.

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Actually Seat and Mirrors positions are stored into .cch files in the player folder, and you've one of this for each car/series, so it's already as you're saying... :)

11. Tuttle

This is the proper line;

Rearview="0" // 0=Off, 1=Center and Side, 2=Center only, 3=Side only (virtual mirrors only, in-car mirrors are on/off)

12. kaptainkremmen

That is what I suspected. Manually setting this to 1 is pointless as this will change depending on your last mirror combination in game.

Can anyone else get virtual mirrors with no car mirrors?

13. Tuttle

I could be wrong, but I think you cant. Side mirrors and virtual are locked during the toggle function, so when you have the virtual rearview set to 1 (on) each mirror toggle step seems hard-coded, keeping virtual and side mirrors working together. So if you turn off side mirrors you're turning off virtual mirrors too.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Is it any wonder that 90% of what takes place on these boards is people talking past each other when we can't even agree on something as dead simple as this question. I don't think there are different versions of rF2 out there, so either those of us who can't get just a centre virtual mirror are idiots, or, the people who think that you can are. Only one can be true...

15. Joakim L. Christiansen

Joakim L. Christiansen Registered

So... will we ever get this option? It is currently not in the game.
    The reason for wishing an option for rear mirror only is to avoid the loss of FPS that all 3 mirrors causes.

16. Miro

Miro Registered

AFAIK it doesn't matter how many mirrors you enable, if you enable only 1 or 5 the FPS are always the same.

However it still would be nice to have that option.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep when I tested the only difference was with mirrors On or off, a combination made no difference.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1

wouldn't mind few fps boost, could activate enviromental on all tracks and on all conditions then.

19. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Turning on any combination of mirrors only drops my frame rate by a single frame. Im running a gtx 680.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Depends on what's being reflected in the mirrors (try it with a pile-up of cars behind you...though you can't usually test in that circumstance. Also, those of us with high-end cards don't experience the same issues as many others, where mirrors have a huge impact. And remember the old improve the resolution of the mirror trick from rF1?? I'm sure it's probably still there or will be, so wait until we have a proper hi-res mirror image before drawing any performance conclusions.