Virtual Mirror

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How do you get a virtual mirror in the top centre of the screen AND turn off the cockpit side mirrors in the car itself (since they are relatively useless)?

2. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

should be able to toggle with '3'

3. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Hi phil...u running it now (rF2 Beta)?

CS

4. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

i have it just to keep up,but wont race it till v8's are on

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Nope. I can't get the virtual mirror ON and the side mirrors OFF at the same time.

6. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Also, I noticed that cars in the virtual mirrors were "stretched" while the in car looked ok. Why can't these both have the correct aspect ratio?

7. BYF

BYF Registered

Bump for this.

There seems to be no way to use the virtual mirror and turn off the real ones.

Is it possible to have an option in game to choose/toggle between virtual and real mirrors?

Also can the center virtual mirror be made bigger both length/width and have adjustable FOV with the option to do this ingame.

8. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

using mirrors invoke dramatic drops in framerate. there should be an option to have less details in mirror, just to see the car behind and the road, when the framerats is too poor.

9. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

What the original poster means is like iRacing where your in cockpit view with no car mirrors, but you can have a nice big central rear view mirror :) Like below.

[​IMG]

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thank you, that is exactly what I mean.

I am betting it will be an option before we see the final. If I recall, you could do it in rFactor 1.

11. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

The mirror system has always bugged me in rFactor, for example I always wanted to race in the tv cam just above the drivers head and have the cars side mirrors turned on but all virtual mirrors off, you can't do that either. Also mirrors don't work when you scroll through various side views of the car.....shame.

12. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

The good thing in iRacing is that center virtual mirror is far better than the 3 mirrors rFactor uses, and also you can ajust the FOV so it doesn't matter whether you use tripple screens or 1 screen ;) Got to be worth implementing?

13. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I have to agree there, the virtual wing mirrors have always been hideous in rFactor, I almost crash trying to make sense of what I'm seeing. The mirrors in rFactor 2 definately look work in progress however so I live in hope ;)

14. DavidG

DavidG Registered

Bump for me too.

Another 'feature' which seems to be unchanged from rF1. They need to bring the ‘game’ up-to-date, not just the graphics and physics.

Not only should mirror options be Off / Real / Virtual, but you should be able to set them independently for each mod, or maybe even car. I like to use real mirrors when possible, but if they are not visible on screen, or just don’t show anything useful, then I use a virtual one instead. Rather than sticking to one type (which would have to be virtual), or constantly switching every time I change mods, it would be nice if the mirror setting could be linked to the mod (or car). This goes for the HUD and controller settings too.

There’s also too much which still needs to be changed through ini/plr files, rather than from within the game.

15. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

+1

And don't forget seat positions too. Seat/mirrors should be stored for every car. Don't know if it's like that now really though. Havent played around that much in the settings really. But if it's not like that, it should be in final!

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Absolutely agree!

17. DavidG

DavidG Registered

Seat positions are stored John. They were in rF1, so they are in rF2. We need much greater range of seat adjustment though. I think seat position and AI strength are the only things to be stored with mods or cars atm.

18. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hum, interesting. The "NUM_3" to invoke the Virtual Mirrors would not work for me last time I tried. Coincidentally, after reading this post they came up just fine. Go figure.

19. samuelw

samuelw Registered

make sure: virtual mirror= "1" in plr. Under display tab in control settings: toggle mirrors is set to num_3 by default. In car each time you hit num_3 the mirrors cycle through all the options: car mirrors -> car + all virtual mirrors -> car + center virtual mirror -> car + side virtual mirrors -> virtual mirrors only -> center virtual mirror ect.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

So it is now possible to get virtual mirror only?