Spark F1 5 = Sheer Terror.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeyk1985, Jan 13, 2012.

1. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I cannot believe that car in particular, 190mph + in a car with no wings, I'm clenched the entire time driving the thing around spa, lmao.;)

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

This combination is epic. The sense of speed has put a few smiles on my face.

Guys used to race like this in real life with power line poles 2m away from the race track? INSANE!!

3. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I know....balls of steel? more like balls of titatnium locked in a cast iron safe, lmao.

4. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Agreed, the feeling of speed rf2 is creating is scary as #@%$ .. I love the part @ Spa after the massive countryside straight where you come to the hill crest on the horzion line and feel like your going to take off, such a buzz..

For anyone interested I highly recommend this doco though not for faint hearted! Grand Prix - The Killer Years

5. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Hah hah, know exactly what you mean! I've seen that documentary, very chilling, made me hate honda for quite sometime for making that coffin on wheels the ra 302.......poor Jo Schlesser:(

6. D!2T

D!2T Registered

7. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Yeah, I have a hell of a lot of respect for drivers of that time after seeing something like that. There were too many great drivers lost in that period, my avatar is one of them, Jim Clarke.

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I have also seen this, I love Graham Hill, I pretty much cried when he failed to qualify at monaco towards the end of the documentary and just went and sat on the grass......so sad. Jim clarke also, all the the times he competed in F1 and was it something like a formula 3 race he died in? truly awful.

9. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Thats right he died in a f2 car that he wasn't even meant to be competing in, a last minute decision IIRC.

10. Jorma Stenman

Jorma Stenman Registered

If he is your avatar, you might want to spell his name correctly.

11. D!2T

D!2T Registered

What? Oh I put an E on the end, my bad.. Forgive me your royal highness. Get off the high horse you rode in on too.

12. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I did the same, that's what reading text books and forums at the same time does, to be fair 'clarke' looks right, lol

13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i prefer EVE F1C 1968 (no wing).

most hard for me :)

14. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

That car has better brakes than the Spark, which is like it has only a cardboard airbrake to slow you down :D

15. rmac923

rmac923 Registered

I only have an Xbox Controller at the current time. It's impossible to steer with the controller. Absolutely no grip and overly sensitive steering.

The only F1 car I can drive is the winged EVE F1. Oddly enough, that tiny bit of downforce is just enough to find the sweet spot where I can slide in the corner without completely spinning.