All Thrustmaster T500 rs owners come to this thread!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by fedexpress, Jan 13, 2012.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I wrote to Thrustmaster about the fan problem: "I know why and how the fan operates, but I think it's not acceptable level. I could imagine 45 minutes of cooling off after several hours of gameplay but not after 40 minutes."

They replied: "We would like to inform you that from the information you have described to us the fan is working as designed and therefor not eligible for replacement.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding."

so no success :p

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Did you mention the loud noise? they will ask for a video with sound though.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not sure if I can say the fan is loud. I hear it for sure but not through my headphones for example :p I try to live with it now but maybe I take the cover off later on.

4. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

LOOOOOL

With V40 there're reboots and wheel freezing ocasionally. Now, with V41 firmware, there crashes in ALL simulators, EVERY TIME. Great fix!

Shame on you, Thrustmaster!

5. Duvel

Duvel Registered

bootload failure, error 0x000000c, wheel won't flash to v41. not sure what to do right now, wheel is dead right now...

6. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Never experienced this with v40 or v41 and there's not many (if any) sims I don't own/play... so I doubt it's firmware related. Sounds like USB related to me.

7. MrPix

MrPix Registered

8. Duvel

Duvel Registered

9. MrPix

MrPix Registered

and you have done this exactly?:

1) If you haven’t already done so, install the DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK (Package 2013_TTRS_1) + Firmware V41 package on your PC. You can download it here:
    http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=316&cid=15
    During the installation:
    - DO NOT CONNECT the racing wheel to the PC before being requested to do so.
    - Connect the racing wheel directly to the PC’s USB port. We advise against using a USB hub during this procedure.
    - DO NOT CLICK on any windows that may appear during the update.
    2) Restart the computer.
    3) After restarting the computer:
    - Remove the USB plug from the computer.
    - Simultaneously press buttons L3 and R3 (located on the racing wheel’s base), then connect (without releasing L3 and R3) the USB plug to the PC.
    - After connecting the USB plug to the PC, release buttons L3 and R3.
    then followed the rest of the instructions on page 4 onwards?

then you better contact TS support, they are really good at getting things fixed.

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Don't think it's dead, I had 2 times the same feeling each time for more than a day from the 2 previous firmware. I found than it was due to my USB v3.0 port on my desktop machine and also on my laptop (exact same error than you). The only way to fix it was to follow this bootloader method with an very old laptop which have only USB v2.0 ports. After this the wheel worked fine on all computers.

Don't give up! :)

11. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Yep, i followed those instructions to the letter. When i press L3 R3, it doesn't do anything at all.

Hmmm, USB 3.0 eh? It was in a 3.0 port when i tried to update - i should have known better than to leave it there. So you were not able to just swap to a USB 2.0 port on the same PC and it worked (which i've now tried myself and it didn't).

Next stop USB 2.0 laptop - will report back :)

12. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Thanks guys, the USB 2.0 motherboard only trick worked. Wheel purring away again. :) Very dodgy that USB3.0 ports do this, though.

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Good :) My desktop have 6 USB v3.0 and 2 USB v2.0 but the process didn't work on those 2 V2.0 port too. Only the old laptop (with XP by the way versus desktop on Win7 and laptop on Win8) USB v2.0 only did the trick.

14. Duvel

Duvel Registered

my laptop had win 7 on, but only USB 2.0, so it seems to be a usb3.0 issue only. Surely TM can add support for USB3.0. If i didn't have a USB2.0 only PC around, I'd have been completely stuck right now.

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

You know, I have 2 USB 3.0 ports and you just reminded me- when I hook up my wheel I have to make sure I don't hook it up to one of the 3.0 ports or the wheel won't work. I hadn't thought of it when I read this thread though. Good find.

16. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Has anyone noted a diminished FFB tactile sensation (rumble strips, etc.) after v41 is installed?

17. rixracer

rixracer Registered

Just bought T500RS, configuring as we speak...

18. rixracer

rixracer Registered

Kuato,
    I also have ECCI Trackstar 6000 pedals that I was using with a G27. How do the TM and the ECCI pedals connect, adapter needed?

19. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

"Has anyone noted a diminished FFB tactile sensation (rumble strips, etc.) after v41 is installed? "

Can anyone help me? The T500RS with rF2 was incredible before the latest update, now hardly any sensation is transmitted back to the wheel. Does anyone have any suggestions?

20. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

No, my T500RS works fine after v41; my settings are : 60% overall and 100% / 70% (periodic)/ 100% / 100%.

But I don't like too strong FFB.