Logitech Momo wheel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Montie, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Montie

Montie Registered

Has anybody tried rFactor 2 with a Momo?

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, I`m driving with black MOMO. But I`m never using FF, only center spring, so can not comment on FF. Other than that it drives no different then in rF1. I only set degrees in control options to 240, and unchecked "car specific" button.

3. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have a Momo (black) and it works perfect with rF2. At this time no need for me to buy input equipment for 500euros.

4. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

I have the Momo Racing. The FFB on the tarmac and curbs is very good, unfortunately on grass and gravel it's like to be on stones but this is a known problem which involves (almost) all wheel. Also you don't need to mess with the controller.ini as it works fine with the standard values.

5. Montie

Montie Registered

Thanks for the replies:)

6. Numrollen

Numrollen Registered

I have momo force and not everything works fine. With higher steering rate it feels like the FFB effects are inverted.

7. raktim79

raktim79 Registered

I have been using the MOMO black wheel for rFactor 2 and it is working all right except for the problems you face when you go off into the gravel or grass and this is a known problem.....
    The feeling of the road is pretty nice but the other effects like center spring etc., seem to be not so good....

8. andrerezende

andrerezende Registered

Everything is OK.

But, i need to recenter the wheel many times.

On Rfactor One and other simulators my hardware doesn´t have this behaviour

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I am using the red momo and it runs fine. I feel the FFB okay and can act on the feeling, so it's enough to me.
    Now some people mentioned it; in the grass it actually feels funny, that's true, but I don't do that to often; I try to stay on the tarmac, that's part of the game ;)
    (Not that I never get into the grass ;) )

10. renard

renard Registered

I'm using a Momo (black) and it's working fine, set to 240 degrees.

11. bigtabs

bigtabs Registered

Yep, using Momo black here with 100% FFB strength and no further tweaks. Can't complain at all. A couple of people in this thread mention the gravel/grass problem but that happens to the same degree on all wheels, not just Momos; so don't let that put you off.

12. Zoot

Zoot Registered

In a lot of the threads discussing FFB there appears to be many people who have raced for real and have a lot of experience with setting up FFB wheels (most seem to think this game is very good apart from a few problems)

I use RF2 to try to simulate this experience and as i have never raced in real life, is there any guys who have and also own a Momo black wheels who could share their set ups

although i think i am getting the best response from any game so far (i never liked my RF1 FFB set up) i would like to get it as real as possible.

it appears that most people seem to just plug the momo in and it works pretty good but i cannot believe it cannot be improved with different driver settings

thanks

thanks

13. bigtabs

bigtabs Registered

The problem there is you don't want 'real' as much as you want 'real+' the + being a bit of a hint at the info you aren't getting sitting in your armchair while playing. All that sensory input we're missing out on that needs to be conveyed through the wheel and the audio means that it can't be just real and be good. To that end what you really want is 'believable and informative'. ... (and fun and exciting)

14. Nunzio

Nunzio Registered

I'm using a Red Momo, with Fanatec ClubSport Pedals. Awesome setup. I'm going to get a Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel soon.

15. UlrichBlanke

UlrichBlanke Registered

me, too. solvation?

16. Zoot

Zoot Registered

i would be happy to start with real and adjust from there

at the moment i just plugged in the wheel, set it to 240 deg, in my driver setting i did not allow RF2 to change the settings and reduced everything to 40% - would like to get an opinion on settings from other people especially the real racers

17. BYF

BYF Registered

Should I highlight the Vehicle Set box next to steering range in the controller setup? or leave it blank and just set the wheel to 270deg and lower the steering lock in setup to 15deg or so? Using a red momo.

I tried it with it highlighted but the cars feel very twitchy, as in car setup steering lock is 25deg or so by default. What I don't get is I can still change the steering lock in setup. In iRacing there is no steering lock option in car setup, yet the cars are not twitchy.

18. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

Momo red here@100% in profiler and 1.2 in game! Works very good! ;)

19. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

20. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

I have 2 MOMOS at home and a G27 in my work. this is my project to solve the problem of potentiometers.
    then i'll post the video with adaptation for Hall sensors that I am already using.
    but still need to manually calibrate .2 to 3 minutes to calibrate. I am studying about it
    but it is like new. perfect
    I am using FFB 1 15 and 10 for smoothing .

Here I was using analog potentiometers 10Ka for test, but need manual calibration to work well.

DSC07906.JPG
    DSC07891.JPG

neodymium magnets
    DSC07958.JPG

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016