A little praise for the FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ROON, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

FFB Is Go !! Fantastic ,

Drive a real car off track and see how the wheel feels in your hand, If you dont break a wrist or finger , because your hands are relaxed on the wheel and you weren't expecting such violent movement.

2. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Hey ROON.

Been driving mainly the Megane and 60's but yesterday found a secret with the Formula Renault to make it driveable (lift it off the ground).

In rF1 I had worked on the FFB and I could tell you which brake was locking with my eyes closed and headphones off....it was great.

I reckon the FFB in rF2 as far as "feel of the road" is getting better the more I play it, natural.....I dunno about that, but it does give the information we need as sim racers through the FFB for the surface of the road.

But when I lock up in rF1 I was able to get it to kind of "slack" off to give an idea of where the lock up was. In rF2 I have not felt one lockup yet. I know they are happening as my mates at the LAN where commenting about the smoke show :)

Dont get me wrong, at this point I have not even started tweaking the FFB or Graphics so I reckon it will get worked around, it was more of a comment that if I could feel that...I would be there. Running the G25 by the way.

Sean...you are so right about the force on the wheel off track in real life, but taking that theory, I should be dead as well with the crashes I have had :) I race with a SIM as I cannot afford to replace a damaged car and keep it running let alone initial outlay of car and equipment. I reckon a lot fo guys SIM Race as they have a passion for motorsport but either lack the funds or knowledge to keep it going. So on that, I will be reducing the effect of the bumps (found 2 settings to do it, reduce not remove) because

1 - I cant afford the medical bills for the broken wrists.
    2 - I cant afford the dental bills for the loose teeth :)
    3 - I cant afford to replace the wheel every year.
    4 - I cant afford to replace my desk/monitor/anything within a 20 meter radius as it shakes things loose :)

Tounge in cheek there but I think you get where I am heading there :)

3. UFAModding

UFAModding Registered

I really like the ffb, it is so much more precise and gives so much more feel to the road than before. It does rattle a bit when you go off road but hey, you're not supposed to be off road are you :p lol There are ways to dampen the effects but I like the realism that the ffb offers so I will leave it as it is.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Very happy Fanatec GT3 RS v2 user here.
    Haven't tweaked anything yet.

5. RafBR

RafBR Registered

I raise the FFB multiplier to 2.0 (in game settings) and my impression is that the only effect that do not raise is the rumble - which is good ;D

6. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

My sentiments exactly!

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I'm fairly satisfied with the FFB (at this point of beta), it is lacking in the ability to fine tune it.
    there are not enough options to manipulate it.
    Slothman was referring to what he called "slackness" when the wheels locked up, which is basically loss of grip.

In rFactor1, you could fine tune for that, in the controller .ini file, even after selecting low,medium or full.
    Selection of low still gave you the feel of the kerbs etc. but ffb was mostly concentrating on conveying the forces of the wheel grip.

At this point in the beta, most of the time, I lose that sensation. I see no way to tune it in.

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Might be a Logitech thing because with my Fanatec I can feel a brake lock up in my wheel with no adjustments.

9. robrace

robrace Registered

Hi
    This is my first post here....
    With a little bit of tweaking 'in-game' and in the controller settings, I find the FFB to be very responsive and unlike any other sim.
    Although, I would prefer just some slight vibration on the steering wheel when applying the brake pedal such as in rfactor. How can this be achieve at the moment or can it be implemented?

I can't wait to try rFactor2 with Fanatec's yet-to-be-released Clubsport Wheel base and BMW GT2 Wheel rim.

Many Thanks for your help.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I don't believe we have option for that yet robrace.

11. ROON

ROON Registered

Welcome to the forum, robrace. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any braking vibration incorporated into the FFB at the moment, I'd love to see it implemented though.

12. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

13. buzard

buzard Registered

I don't seem able to get FFB at all! Also I don't seem to be able to get the car to match the input of my wheel. It steers faster or slower than I want. Can't seem to adjust correctly. DFP- latest software.

14. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Well all Ican say is the FFB in rFactor2 is PERFECT- For Logitech users there is only 1 thing you need to do to feel the tires flexing and losing grip and that is NOT to use the Logitech Profiler!! yup the games ffb is BEAUTIFUL without the profiler. IMO

15. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

I you do not feel FFB you really have a problem with you wheel, because there is too much FFB if you go off road in rFactor2 (in most people's opinion).
    As for faster or slower that presumably is the percentage sliders for steering that need adjusting to your taste.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  16. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

That is not something I had thought of. I will have to see what impact exiting the profiler does for me.

However, most people set the flag in the profiler to true so that the simulator takes full control off the wheel. Do you do that when you test the difference on or off profiler?

17. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

love it

please do not change the FFB it rules spot on 1st time round Kudos

18. isamu

isamu Registered

Honest question....

Which FFB is better between rF2 and Grand Prix Legends?

19. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

With the rFtrainer you get the feeling how good the FFB is.
    Best car of the beta. And its isnt even a official car. Hehe. :)

20. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

rF2 by a long way. But that is from memory and memory should not normally be relied on.