rear end feels unnatural

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by vilivili, Jan 12, 2012.

1. naifexx

naifexx Registered

Now, this is a proper bug!

This problem must be fixed!

2. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

FINALLY someone who actually understands.
    you're absolutely correct, and i'm going to post a full report about it this weekend, along with videos of me driving a real race car and pointing out why rf2 is well off the mark, compared to say netkar pro.

i cannot believe at the amount of people so far who have said things like 'the ffb and physics are amazing'.
    its as if they've never played RBR, or netkar pro.

i had big hopes for this game , to at least reach the standard of netkar pro, and it hasn't.
    It could be the case that the core physics of the game are good, and maybe ISI have done a rubbish job with the cars.

Like RF1, maybe we have to wait for the modders to actually get the best out of it.

3. mikem

mikem Registered

One thing most people tend to forget (or simply unaware) is that racing slick behaves differently from road or "S" (Sport or Semi-slick) tires. While it (racing slick) has more grip than road/sport tires but once you pushed it past its limit, the behaviour is more abrupt and less progressive.

4. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

except RBR does more then that. .........did you not notice the tarmac levels.
    RBR physics works on all the different surfaces in that game.

RBR on tarmac - feels just like netkar pro. On the high speed corners especially, the FFB is tight, quick to react, the car grips properly at low speed, and is manageable at high speed.

the low speed grip and feeling in RF2 is still awful, and that formula renault car, the FFB in it is TERRIBLE. ABsolutely terrible. I don't know whether its RF2 or ISI have messed up that specific car.

5. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

its more progressive than you think, and im speaking from experience of driving a decent single seater and a proper race spec track-car on proper slicks.

Rf2 is easier than Rf1, but still way way harder than real life.

6. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I've played both of those games, but only netkar pro seems an apt comparison. Netkar pro has the same sort of loose rear that we are seeing in rF2. However since most of us have had countless hours in NKP we are used to it, we've learned to adjust our driving styles to match the physics in that game. rF2 is new, and different, and the process of adapting starts all over again, IMO. When I first started testing rF2, I was spinning everywhere. It would have been easy to say the physics sucked and give up. But no, I kept driving, and am now to the point of being confidently able to keep the rear in check. The Beta has only been out for a few days, hardly enough time to learn the game enough to give a confident statement that the physics are wrong.

7. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

Spot on! thank god there are people on here that actually know what it should be like...

8. vilivili

vilivili Registered

I think a go-kart has some sort of racing slicks. I have driven. felt really nice and past the limit there still is grip and controllability

9. vilivili

vilivili Registered

+1

10. Rubber

Rubber Registered

I'm sad because this is really important for me and people think that I'm here claiming due to my bad performance on track...
    I'm sad because people still thinking that HARD to drive mean GOOD SIM...

I find some stuff (steering setup and car setup) to work around to minimize this problem, but
    It's not real, thank you to report your esperience in real life mate!

What you think about "flat" twist of the car, expecially for closed wheels car if you turn hard with the steer the car can also flip on the side not only twist flat above the ground? I see the Megane weight transfer really flat the car looks flat in the corner I can't see roll the "rollbar works great" :)

11. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Lol, because you feel g-forces...in sims you dont feel them if you dont have motion rig so thats the main issue.

Rubber it isnt hard to drive, control is natural and smooth even above the limit when your are sliding.

12. Rubber

Rubber Registered

I will show you a video to let you understand what I mean

rf2 works fine until certain angle after it loose grip in unrealistic and "automatic" way you can release gas, move you steer but nothing the car still have to end it's rotation that's it

I can have a lot of fun driving rf2 and I'm here reporting that hoping that ISI can work and improve the game that we play
    I'm really happy that I'm not the one that feel this

13. vilivili

vilivili Registered

with proper physics there's no need to feel the g-forces to be able to control the rear as you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOm_sOZQhVQ

14. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Rubber you are overdriven the car...and if you dont catch the car when counter steering lock can do something then everything is over, thats normal. I have that in rF1, iR, nKPro, LFS...

You cant compare driving a car with street tires to cars with slicks(all in rF2)... Car in nKPro video is normal, vintage, street version with very soft suspension(way more body roll), almost no aero downforce probably so what is the point? Comparing totaly different cars and saying that physics engine is bad?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  15. vilivili

vilivili Registered

just telling there's no need for g-forces which you told me was the main reason why I can control a go-kart with slicks.
    so,
    slicks can also be controlled
    without g-forces there's also control

16. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Weird, all of the cars are much easier to catch for me than the same type of cars were in rF1. Especially the 60s car are very natural and easy to cath and balancing the Formula Renault on a skittish 4 wheel drift is bliss. =)

17. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Until I see this video, I'll keep from saying that you're completely wrong and it's your driving... :)

In the mean time I'll counter some of your arguments:
    Comparing the handling of ANY of these cars to RBR is apples to oranges. In RBR you have front-engine AWD--that extra power to the front wheels allows you to recover from a LOT more than you should. All of these cars so far in rF2 are mid-engine RWD--they WANT to go back end first.

Personally, I can really feel the weight transfer of the car very well through the FFB--especially the Megane and the classics. I will say that the FR3.5 is really difficult. Just like both Hammond and Clarkson (from Top Gear) have said when they drove the F1 cars (or near-F1 in Clarkson's case), I'm finding that I'm either not driving hard enough to build heat into the tires, or I'm over-driving it and crashing. Taking even a little bit of curbing in the FR3.5 usually results in a crash for me, but that could just come down to setup--I do think the default one is a bit oversteer-happy.

18. vilivili

vilivili Registered

seems like you're a driving and physics expert who should be listened:)

19. sg333

sg333 Registered

He's right about the curbs, its like the are covered in oil, lest you touch them, you spin. I CANT get through the Portugal second corner kink without touching the curb on the exit slightly and the car magically looping.

20. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

Why not. Show some hard and believable evidence for what you are feeling on the track. So far it's been along the lines of 'it doesn't feel right' which isn't going to cut the mustard with me. I'm not saying you are wrong, but you need better evidence to support your claim. And comparisons to other sim games is not good evidence. What we need is a good telemetry output so this can be properly analyzed.