All cars/tracks mod online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slimjim, Jan 12, 2012.

1. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I installed the all cars mod myself and it worked fine for me, so let me fully understand you, I take it you have 2 machines one for gaming and one for a dedicated server is this right? if so did you fully install the game to both machines?

2. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

Yes, I have two separate machines. My gaming / racing PC and another machine to act as a server.

On the gaming / racing PC I have fully installed the game, put package files in package folder, and IN-GAME via menu, clicked the INSTALL option. This was just for the mods the game came with. I did not use mod manager for the gaming / racing PC installation, I used the in-game installer. BUT, I used the mod manager for the F1 Elite mods. On this gaming / racing PC I can launch the dedicated server file and select ANY F1 Elite mod to work and play ANY and ALL F1 Elite mod online. SO, basically the gaming / racing PC can do everything, host or join on any game server with F1 mods.

The PC I have as a server has the installation completed as well. It went through full install, it had all mod files for rfactor2 placed in packages folder, all packages were right clicked and installed, and the one file that was updated was done successfully as well. I downloaded all the F1 Elite mods and placed them in the packages folder on this server and installed them all with no issue with the mod manager, EXCECPT the all cars F1 elite mod which says it has a problem.

I've done everything on the SERVER that I have done on the gaming / racing PC EXCEPT actually start the game itself because it needs to be activated/logged in. It's role in life is to be an rfactor2 server.

This is where I am at. Every mod be it rfactor2 or F1 Elite works on both machines, except on the server machine which lists F1 Elites All cars as a problem mod.

Thank you for reading :)

PS: There is no mention of Joesville for this mod track that I was able to remember but if we can get that in there too it would be nice to have, but thats another issue.

3. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

Well, good luck with everything else. We appreciate your efforts. Can't wait to see more.

Im back from a clean re-install of rF2 to my server machine. Removed all remnants of the software in its particular folders, and loaded it on my dedicated server machine once again. Installed the rF2 rfmod files, and patched them. Was able to load each mod with out issue on the dedicated server. Was able to load the Meganes v1.1 and 1960s WCR v1.1 with out issue. But, same thing with the All Cars v1.1 mod. It is listed in mod manager as a problem mod.

OH WELL, call it new software with quirks, BETA! Will deal with it and try to move on.

Thanks for the help.

4. IT-Trader

IT-Trader Registered

George,

Sorry you've been having issues, from what you've said you seem to be doing everything correctly although without doing it on your machine myself its impossible to know for sure. The fact that you can install it on one PC but not on the other suggests something has gone awry rather than lack of knowledge on your part.

The F1Elites 'All Tracks' mods do NOT include Joesville at the moment. I have it ready as a component but I'd planned to release it with the rFtrainer mod but I ran out of time at the weekend and life got in the way.

I'm hoping to have some progress in the coming days.
    Keep a check on this page:
    http://www.f1elites.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3619
    (I know you've already posted there George, its really for anyone else reading this.)

5. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I can just add I have 2 machines just like you one for racing and one for hosting, as a last resort do the same as me I have acitvated the game on both machines so on the server machine I selected the reactive button :) you never know it may fix it.

6. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

My server machine at home, is a test machine. I rent a dedicated server that hosts other "ranked" games which by rule does not allow desktop access. I'm limited on that machine to the provider installing the software, and linking to the rf dedicated exe by web panel.

We'll adapt :)

7. Kiro

Kiro Registered

I had the same ***problem mod*** thing too for that one F1 Elites mod.
    Yes if there is an asterisk next to the FRenault mod, you need to Rclick that mod and click update.
    No more problem mod.
    :)

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Gents,
    I too had this *problem mod* problem, it was solved by copying the ModMgr.exe from the Core folder and pasting in the rf2 root folder and running it from there. I saw this solution on these forums but for the life of me I can't find it to link :(

Hope this helps

Cheers

Goanna

9. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

It worked with default setup (I believe) in rF1 but, honestly, you should be able to use ALL CARS & TRACKS with out a MOD.

10. superkolos

superkolos Registered

11. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

12. superkolos

superkolos Registered

whats the problem installing it?

extract the rfmod file to your packages folder start the modmanager and install it

works for me

13. SHook

SHook Registered

Same here !

14. superkolos

superkolos Registered

so the mod was installed on my rf2 today there are some problems for me too to install it...

ill try to fix that atm

15. Alex Franganillo

Alex Franganillo Registered

16. drafi5

drafi5 Registered

Component manager tells me that tracks and cars are not installed, so it is a "Problem mod".
    Any solution ??? Thanks in advance