All cars/tracks mod online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slimjim, Jan 12, 2012.

1. flitzi

flitzi Registered

good work, thx.
    I hope most server admins will find and use this instead of creating their own.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  2. IT-Trader

IT-Trader Registered

ALL CARS & TRACKS ONLINE vMOD by IT-Trader at www.F1Elites.com.

MEGANE ALL TRACKS v1.1 vMOD by IT-Trader at www.F1Elites.com.
    Note: This is an update from the megane one I released quietly yesterday.

1960s WCR ALL TRACKS v1.1 vMOD by IT-Trader at www.F1Elites.com.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

....Formula Renault will follow in a few hours.

3. IT-Trader

IT-Trader Registered

Jim - Can I get you to put links to the F1Elites forum rather than direct to the files, simply because there's some explanation on the F1Elites forum post that may help people.
    I know its 2 clicks then to get the files but I think it will help.

Thx for updating your post though. Hopefully we can make this easy for everyone.

Maybe ISI could sticky this?

4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Do we need to install this mod on our machines or is it jsut for servers?

5. IT-Trader

IT-Trader Registered

Yes, you'll need to install it. But they are only 5MB files each.

So if you want to join a server running one of the 'All Track' mods, then you will need the appropriate All Tracks vMod installed on your PC.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just wanted to say Thanks! for this :)

7. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

First, thank you for the contribution.

My problem, I dont think I overlooked anything, but, on a seperate machine I use just for the dedicated server, I have succesfull gotten the Meganes v1.1 and 1960s WCR v1.1 mods installed via mod manager. However, for the All Cars v1.1, it is listed at ***Problem Mods***

Not sure how I might miss the additional content as I'm using the downloads that are available for the beta. Suggestions?

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Check, have installed FR 3.5 v1.1 (install FR 3.5 V1.0 then right click and click Update). Most people do that mistake of not having upgraded Formula Renault 3.5 mod to V1.1 :)

9. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

No, I do have that updated, it was the extra file. Thank you for the reply However I've noticed something I did not notice before.

On my racing PC, looking at the mod manager I see under the name column "All Tracks & Cars" and the mod is installed. However under location, it has no path, it is blank, all other mods are installed and the path is displayed.

On my server PC, in the mod manager, I only see the mods I downloaded for the beta and the mods from F1 Elites, so it appears I have missed something.

The question is, how do I get the "All Tracks & Mods" installed on the server? If I remember correctly when I did this on my Racing PC I added it while in-game at the menu options for mods.

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

"All Tracks & Cars" is default single player only mod which you can't install. It's already there.

What you should have on the list, is "All Cars by F1Elites.com" - that's the online "All Cars and Tracks" version you are looking for.

11. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

Yes, OK, thank you for your reply.

My question is then why in the mod manager for All Cars v1.1, is it listed as ***Problem Mods***

12. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Can i get some help please, I have been running a server since release day, and its been great full nearly all the time, I would love to add the extra tracks to host, so I downloaded your great megane custom tracks and installed, I started the server, and when I tell the guys to join the server is greyed out for them, so am I right in thinking the only way is for everyone who wants to race on my server with your megane custom tracks, means they need to download it also, many thanks for your work :)

13. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

I don't get it. I cannot get F1 Elites All Cars v1.1, to NOT be listed under ***Problem Mods***

Let me clarify, I'm running this dedicated server on a machine that has never been run in single player. It's been 100% configured to be a dedicated server from the first install. I can get all the other mods working, and connect to the server to run those mods.

I have downloaded Download All Cars.rfmod [5MB] multiple times to make sure there was not a bad download.

It continues to be listed under ***Problem Mods***

So, I'm missing something here then. Am I supposed to do something to make all cars and tracks available before hand so the all cars mod works and sees them?

When I click properties for the All Cars mod in the mod manager, and click advanced, it lists everything under STATUS as not installed. Yet, I can run them all with the default mods and the other F1 Elite mods.

Suggestions?

14. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Im sure I read the all cars mod could only be run in single player heres the quote from F1elites * Note that this is not a true 'all the cars and tracks in your install' mod. That is not possible to do for online racing. hope this helps you.

15. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

I see other people running it in the server list, and I can run it from my gamer/racing PC. Would it be possible to upload something from a my PC that has what is needed to make the all cars/tracks run to the dedicated server to get this to work?

16. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I will look into it for you tonight when I can, Im a bit busy at the mo but if no one else replies I def will in the next 24 hours sorry it cant be sooner.

17. flitzi

flitzi Registered

@BasJon: yes, the clients do also need to install that mod

@George: you need to have all 3 ISI mods (megane,f1 60s and F3.5) installed, update the F3.5 via context menu of the ModManager (so the * disappears) and then install the F1Elites mod.

18. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

Have done all of that via context menu of the ModManager. I can run all of the other F1Elites mods, EXCEPT the All Cars mod. I am wondering now if there are some files that may need to be uploaded to the dedicated server? I can start the all cars mod on my gamer PC, via shortcut with path= to rf dedicated exe, I am unable to start that all cars mod on the dedicated server PC in same fashion.

Thanks to all for looking into this.

19. BasJon

BasJon Registered

okay thanks for your reply flitzi

20. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

Thanks gents, I'll have to tinker with this a bit more in the morning, see if anyone has any further suggestions between now and then.