rFactor2 Rank: Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoover, Jan 12, 2012.

1. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for your suggestions, peevee! I think we should start with cars and tracks that have recently been updated so we won't have to redefine the handicap lap time once those cars get the dev's attention (like the Megane is going to I hope).

How about starting off with the DW12 @ Portugal or Indy? I'd rather use a road course with this car, I hope we'll be able to use an oval track with the stock cars soon ;)

Uwe

2. peevee

peevee Registered

Nice - I agree latest cars with latest tracks

3. hoover

hoover Registered

Ok, DW12@Portugal it is then. Which one is the layout without that pesky chicane before the S/F straight? ;)

uwe

4. peevee

peevee Registered

I vote no pesky chicane!
    :cool:

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I believe thats the GP layout, fast openwheelrs should not go over that significant elevation bump in that chicane, thay would surerly bottom out

6. peevee

peevee Registered

Am I on the right page with this: the upload of lap times must go to here: h
    Thanks
    PVttp://rfactor.gplrank.info/uploadForm
    Please let me know either way...

7. hoover

hoover Registered

I've installed a long overdue update to the site's Python framework, let me know if there are any (new ;)) problems.

Uwe

8. hoover

hoover Registered

I've installed a long overdue update to the site's Python framework, let me know if there are any (new ;)) problems.

Uwe

9. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

I'll be upgrading the site to a new major Django framework release over the weekend, so expect some downtime. I'll post here once everything has been moved back into place.

Cheers, Uwe

10. hoover

hoover Registered

Looks like everything went reasonably fine during the upgrade, the site is up again. Please report any weird behaviour here in the thread. Thank you!

Uwe

11. hoover

hoover Registered

I just had to roll back some changes, sorry for the confusion. Any uploads between this morning and now have been lost. Sorry for the inconvenience,

Uwe

@peevee: Yep, the uploadform is the place where you can upload your career.blt file created by either of the tools available on the main page.

12. matf1

matf1 Registered

Looks like the buddy system is broken? Haven't been on for a while so not sure if it is to do with the upgrades or not.

13. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for the heads-up, this was an issue with the view laptimes page when you're not logged in. I just pushed a fix, it should work again now.

Uwe

14. hoover

hoover Registered

Looks like I got the track wrong for the new handicap challenge track promotion, it's now been changed to PORTUGAL_GP_COURSE.

I hope we can provide a decent benchmark time by one of our internal testers and hopefully a replay and a setup for the driven lap soon.

Cheers, Uwe

15. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

a new challengs has been added named "ISI classic" in which we'll track recently updated content (both cars and tracks) that we'll use to add new reference lap times to it.

We're starting off with the Chevrolet IndyCar DW12 @ ISI Portugal GP course. "Hexagramme" was kind enough to provide us both with a car setup and a replay file so you can head over to the rf2 Rank site to download both.

I'm working on a change internally so you'll also be able to use the other DW12 car class, but for now you'll have to use the Chevvy type in order for your handicap to be calculated correctly.

In order to calculate your handicap, simply re-upload your career.blt file and everything should happen automatically.

Thanks a lot to "hexagramme" for providing the benchmark time, I hope you have fun trying to beat it ;)

All the best, Uwe

16. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

in preparation for the new challenge and in order to allow cars of a superclass to be used for it, I need to make some changes to the database and will also need to delete the old handicaps (Howston & BetaRank challenges). I hope this is no biggie, otherwise please post here so we can discuss how to best go about things.

The site will be down some time over the weekend while I make the changes, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Cheers, Uwe

17. matf1

matf1 Registered

Beta always meant this was on the cards in my book. Happy to see any updates personally.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

18. willevans

willevans Registered

Hehe got a new WR then when I checked I was the only one who set a time for the skip regional at Birmingham. Oh well, still a nice feeling ;)

Thanks for the site and the work Uwe

19. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

the changes to allow all cars of a superclass (ISI Indycar Chevy / Honda, for example) to be used for the reference lap times have been implemented. You can now use either car model at Portugal GP course to register a lap time for the new "ISI Classic" challenge.

To enable this feature, the old Howston and BetaRank challenges (and their reference times) had to be removed from the database.

Simply re-upload your career.blt file to calculate your new handicap. As usual, please let me know (reply here) if there are any problems.

An advantage of the new challenge system will be that we have replays and setups for all the reference times being used in a challenge from now on.

All the best & enjoy the ranks,

Uwe

20. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for your kind words ;)

With so many possible track and car combinations I think it's more likely ATM you'll be the first to register a lap if you use a more esoteric setup than, say, the Megane 2009 @ Mills Inner Loop C ;-)

In GPLRank's heydays we had a so-called "Monster Rank" which required you to drive all chassis on all tracks, but that was quite a bit simpler as we only had 9 cars and a handful of tracks to begin with. Those days are surely over. ;)

All the best, Uwe

EDIT: A quick calculation shows there are roughly 20,000 possible combinations while we have about 30,000 laps in the database right now. Taking into account that we're also storing information for Quali and race WRs you'd need to multiply the combinations by at least a factor of 2, and then we don't have every car and track in there because for some reason, a few modders will spend hours and hours on tweaking their tracks and cars and then not spend the extra five minutes it takes to name them properly (different track layouts for tracks, and car superclass / car names for vehicles). ;)