rFactor2 Rank: Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoover, Jan 12, 2012.

1. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

Uwe from GPLRank here. If you'd like to help beta-test the new rF2 Rank website, please point your browser here:

https://rf2.gplrank.de/

Please report any bugs you may find here in this thread. Thanks for your support & enjoy the ranks,

Uwe

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    atomed, Adrianstealth and Associat0r like this.
  2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What would be really cool is a plugin that automates the upload. It could monitor your fastest lap and then as soon as ExitRealtime (exit back to the monitor) is called it could upload the new record.

oikworld likes this.
  3. hoover

hoover Registered

Sounds like a great idea, would you be interested in setting up the appropriate plugin?

All the best, Uwe

RKing likes this.
  4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I will look into it. I am not a strong C++ guy and haven't done any socket programming at all in C++. I will have to do some reading. There will have to be some sort of server for the plugin to send the records to also. I am not sure what DB you are running on your site and how I could get records into it.

5. hoover

hoover Registered

I've completely rewritten the site in Django (a python web framework), DB backend is mysql at the moment but it's going to be replaced with MariaDB in the near future (api- and binary-compatible to mysql).

The last C++ hacking I did was back at Uni, and then only for the complex datatype ;-)

All the best, Uwe

PS: Thanks to all who have expressed interest in helping with the beta test, I'll get back to you by email over the course of the coming weekend with more details.

6. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Waves at Hoover, yoohoo, remember me? ;-)
    I'll test anything once. We'll see how it reacts to slow and very large numbers. :)

7. hoover

hoover Registered

Sure ZZ, good to see you here mate! How do you like rf2 so far? Might it re-awaken the not-completely-lost Screamers passion? ;)

I'm currently pondering implementing a Beta Rank Handicap, consisting of the following cars & tracks:

Megane @ Mills
    Megane @ Sepang North Loop
    Megane @ Portugal
    FR35 @ Sepang GP
    FR35 @ Mills Full
    F2 @ Monaco
    F1 @ Spa

Spa would certainly have "Nordschleife" Status in that handicap, just like the Ring had in GPLRank ;)

All the best, Uwe

8. Holos

Holos Registered

I sent you a pm yesterday and today too.. dunno if it works... :)

petros likes this.
  9. hoover

hoover Registered

Hey Holos, sorry for the day, I'll send out something over the weekend mate. I'd like to give those interested in helping with testing ample time to reply. Right now I'm also in the process of setting up the site at its "final destination".

All the best & thanks for your support,

Uwe

10. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I know OT is a bad thing, but I just want to thank you for your work with GPLRank, that was a very important thing for me in my GPL career, even though I never got a minus handicap!

11. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

PM sent Uwe :)

12. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

I've now sent out google groups invites to everyone who contacted me by PM. If you did not receive your invite, please check your spam folder.

I'm just checking in today's build which features an early "Beta Rank" handicap. If you have any suggestions regarding decent reference laptimes for the following car track combos, feel free to post here.

Belgium Grand Prix 1967 (BELGIANGP_1967) F1 / F1 03:28.100
    Monaco GP 1966 (MONTECARLO_1966) F2 / F2 01:32.000
    Malaysia GP (MALAYSIAN_GP) FR3.5 / FR3.5 01:50.000
    Portugal GP FR 3.5 (PORTUGAL_F35) FR3.5 / FR3.5 01:52.000
    Malaysia North Loop (MALAYSIA_NLOOP) Megane Trophy / Megane Trophy 01:04.500
    Mills Inner Loop C (MILLS_INNERLOOPC) Megane Trophy / Megane Trophy 01:13.000

All the best,

Uwe

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  13. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

Mysta just made me aware of the fact that the group invitations may have been sent out in... german. 8-P Sorry for that, please let me know if you need a re-invitation.

Meanwhile, the first EVER BetaRank handicap has gone online ;) I'm at a whopping +44.7 secs at the moment, but this may change when we decide to adapt the reference times.

For spa 66 / f1, I've now used Jim Clarks pole time (3:28), the f2's @ monaco are now set at 1:32.0 which I think should be quite a challenge. My first Spa lap in the F1 came in at 4:17, beat that ;)

Cheers, Uwe

14. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

New stuff implemented on rF2 Rank today:

- basic news function
    - handicap detailed comparison view (your times compared against the handicap reference times)
    - improvements to Django's Admin interface (allow search for various fields)

All the best, Uwe

15. hoover

hoover Registered

Small update: The navigation bar on the left now displays the latest driver update.

All the best, Uwe

16. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Reference for Megane at Mills. 1:13 is generous. Considering I can pull a 1:09 without AIDS and a rubbered up track...and I am bloody slow :)

17. hoover

hoover Registered

I agree ;-) Here's the updated version:

Belgium Grand Prix 1967 F1 03:28.100
    Monaco GP 1966 F2 01:32.500
    Malaysia GP FR3.5 01:50.000
    Portugal GP FR 3.5 FR3.5 01:42.000
    Mills Inner Loop C Megane Trophy 01:07.000
    Malaysia North Loop Megane Trophy 01:04.500

thanks for your feedback, Uwe

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

To be honest I would make this function independent from game. Sending data over net require some solutions, like multithreading, handling communication errors, manage time of uploading etc. I'm not sure how it will work with rF2 architecture.

What I suggest is to write some service which will be watching results and send new ones (xml results). I wrote one for sending "live files" from my LVplugin. I wrote it in C#, so it is easy to program, manage, etc. Cons of such solution is that this service is installed into memory whole time.

Any way, I think it is safer method than writing plugin for this.

best regards

19. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

I cleaned up the upload output a bit, making it easier to spot your missing lap times for the BetaRank handicap.

Cheers, Uwe

20. hoover

hoover Registered

You can now select drivers by country on the "view laptimes" page. Multiple selection is possible by Ctrl-clicking on the country names you're interested in.

All the best, Uwe