MoTec or REal Time Telelmetry support?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Zaz0

Zaz0 Registered

It was a i2 Pro issue, already install a older version (i2 Pro V1.03.0106) and works fine!

Thanks!

2. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

it don't work for me:mad:, does not create the file. ini, or hear anything when I'm on track.
    A solution please.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

2 people (at least) above you have the same problem, and I don't know what the issue is. One person included their trace which showed rF2 is seeing the plugin but not loading it, and I don't know why it would do that.

4. Kev

Kev Registered

Thanks, Lazza. Works good.
    Where did you get .ld file format?
    I already made my own plugin with channels i need but i can't figure out how to split log into laps...

5. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Thanks for your quick answer, the installation is done in C: ProgramFiles (x86) / rfactor2, right?
    Thanks!

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There is/was a sample log file that came with MoteC... I looked at it with a hex editor and worked out what was what :p

Yeah, there's a Plugin folder in my archive but there should already be one where you're installing it. You should end up with the MotecPlugin.dll sitting next to a NetCommUtilPlugin.dll.

Chances are you have it right and it's just not loading... I'm about to package up a new version which I've brought back to the example plugin's default values so hopefully that'll help.

7. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Thanks Lazza, wait for your new version to see if it solves the problem, because I have everything installed correctly.
    regards

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, here goes nothing :eek: ... new MotecPlugin:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21205342/MotecPlugin+21012012.rar (gamefront)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yxzolumc9tudlrx (mediafire)

I've added a couple of new options so anyone with the previous version should delete/rename the existing MotecPlugin.ini so the plugin can recreate it. (best to rename it if you've altered paths etc; makes it easier to copy them back over to the new .ini)

Fixes
    - Previous version wasn't deleting its temp files - sorry! (you can go and delete any .ldtemp files you find in your log folder, MoteC doesn't use them)

Changes
    Added most of the new data in rF2's plugin interface, but there are some caveats:
    --- Filtered input can now be logged. You can see autoblip & autolift, speed limiter, and probably also TC on the throttle trace, ABS effects will be seen on braking (I think!), steering input is affected by steering help and maybe sensitivity etc. I'm not sure how useful this is so you can choose in the .ini file whether to log the raw inputs as before, the new filtered ones (which will appear as the normal input channels in MoteC), or both (Filtered inputs are new channels, and you'll have to add them to graphs yourself).
    --- Wheel Toe and Camber is logged - unfortunately rF2 is currently returning 0 for all camber values.
    --- Steering input is now a percentage of full lock. In rF1 I was grabbing the current setup steering lock from memory and producing a steered angle from it, but you should be able to use the average of FL and FR Toe values to get an accurate steered angle figure (MoteC's built-in 'Oversteer' Maths will use it).
    --- Aerodynamics figures (drag, front/rear downforce, front wing height, front/rear height) can be logged, but again this is optional and off by default. I've assumed N for the forces.
    --- Contact patch details are referenced and now logged (lateral and longitudinal velocities for both the ground at the contact patch and the contact patch itself)... but always return 0 from rF2. Even if it worked I would wonder how useful it would be for setting up a car, but if it ever gets switched on you can log it if you want.
    --- 'Brake Pressure' for each wheel; the files (ISI) say this is a percentage figure at the moment, so they will represent the current brake balance and pedal position. Expected to switch to kPa later on, I'll update the unit then.
    --- Other new channels: Suspension force for each wheel, front and rear third spring deflection.

I think I'll consider starting a new thread for this somewhere, doesn't really belong in a 'Wish List' section...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  9. Warlock

Warlock Registered

Unable to download. :(
    "The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later. "

10. MJP

MJP Registered

Same here for me atm. :(

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

12. MJP

MJP Registered

Woohoo good news, plugin loads and INI file created in the root rFactor2 folder. I need to grab a bite to eat then I've an rF1 race to do so won't be able to test further 'til later but it's a good start. :)

13. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Works for me too!!!!!
    Thanks Lazza!!!

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yayyyyyy! :p

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It does not seem to be storing the logged files for me. I do get the plugin graphic when I go on track though.

16. smigiel

smigiel Registered

and for me to :(

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would check your chosen log folder exists (it won't create it for you)... and make sure you switch logging on :) ('upward' beeps will sound, and if it's not already on you won't be able to switch it on until the plugin icon disappears)

Sorry if these seem obvious, I just can't think of anything else :p

18. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

o.k. where does the log folder go? Thanks btw.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

By default (from the archive) it goes beside the Plugins folder itself - so you end up with Core, LOG, and Plugins. When it creates the .ini (which you should have beside those folders now, since the plugin apparently ran) it defaults to "LOG\" - you can change that to any drive/folder you want, but it needs to exist already.

The rF2 'core install' folder (which contains the Core and Plugins folders after the rF2 install) is the startup working directory for plugins; in this sense it's just like the root folder in rF1.

If you extract the entire archive to the correct folder the LOG folder will have been created and will work - so it's quite possible you've done that and it's failing to create a log for some other reason. Just spelling it out :)

20. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Only after you run the game once is the INI created, it would be nice to have to have something set up with defaults in the installation package.