MoTec or REal Time Telelmetry support?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Guy Moulton, Jan 12, 2012.

1. kart38

kart38 Registered

It doesn't seem to be creating an ini file for me. The new version doesn't cause a CTD but I don't see the ini file to edit. And thank you for making it available for rF2 so quickly!

Jason

2. Zaz0

Zaz0 Registered

Hi all,

First of all sorry my bad english...

I had MoteC 1.18.0017 i2 Pro donwloaded recently from MoteC webpage but I got a problem when I open a log file created, MoteC can open it, I see the graphics, but I can´t click anywhere in MoteC, it´s frozen.

Could it be something from the data adquisitor? or it´s a problem from MoteC

Thank you.

3. Bartmanski

Bartmanski Registered

Hi,
    it's great that you are still developing this plugin. Is there any possibility of adding GPS tracking channel so we could track our driving lines in Motec?
    This feature would also be welcomed in rF1 version of your plugin :)
    Best

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, first things first :)

I'm not the author of the original DAQ plugin for rFactor. I used that same plugin for over a year until it no longer met my needs - I leave logging on all the time, even for races, and as mods became more memory intensive I found my rFactor was crashing once it had logged about an hour's worth of data. I then developed my own plugin but never released it to the community. I might dig up the latest package and put it in the rF1 section.

GPS, my plugin does generate GPS channels. Unfortunately with the track files stuck inside MASes in rF2 it's more difficult to reference track versions and pull out the required data to generate i2Pro track files (I made a small tool for this purpose in rF1), so while you can bring up the GPS map for multiple laps in i2Pro you can't see the track layout itself.

By the same token I've taken out things like engine wear calculation (can't get to the vehicle files), and at this stage I haven't tried to find brake wear or other live data I was picking up in rF1 - I'm hoping we get access to this sort of thing in later versions of the plugin interface.

Good to know :)

It should be created above the Plugins folder.

On my system the core rF2 folder is at C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2, which has 2 folders already inside it, Core and Plugins. After extracting the full plugin archive there is a third folder, LOG, with the plugin itself sitting in the rFactor2\Plugins folder.

Provided all that is in place, the MotecPlugin.ini file should be created in the core folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2 for me) pretty much as soon as you start either the single- or multi-player component of rF2. If you hear the status beeps when jumping into the car that should confirm it's running, but the .ini is created on startup.

If that's not happening I'm not sure where to go next, because it really hasn't started doing much at that point and doesn't have much scope for failure :)

I think I experienced similar when developing the plugin and not quite getting the file format right - I can't rule out something going wrong, but generally with this stuff if it works once it'll work every time. Is there still a sample file that comes with MoteC? I might package up a log file and send it to you, so we can decide if it's the log or i2Pro that's got an issue.

5. bigal

bigal Registered

Thanks for the awesome plugin I was hoping someone would do this soon, it can really help setting up the cars.

Took me awhile to find my ini, I think it has to do with windows UAC.
    C:\Users\"YourLoginName"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\MotecPlugin.ini

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ewwww :p

First thing I do if I reinstall windows is switch UAC off... so apologies to anyone who uses it, I can't offer any assistance :)

Thanks for tracking that down bigal.

7. kart38

kart38 Registered

I made the rF2 folder in \Program Files (x86) r/w for everyone, because of UAC. Apparently that wasn't enough ;) I decided to leave it on, sort of a "just in case" measure, even though the computer is only used for sim racing stuff. I'll check there tonight when I get home.

The plugin seemed to work, I heard the tone when I started it logging, I just couldn't track down the ini or the resultant MoTeC file (since I didn't know where the ini was set to save it).

Thanks again for your work on this!

Jason

8. r0j

r0j Registered

Thanks for this Lazza, it's working well for me.

Just noticed one thing; there is no temperature data showing up in i2 pro (1.18.0017) the either rear tyre.

I'm pretty much a newbie as far as driving goes so what would be really useful for me to learn something would be some good sample log files to work off. If anyone out there would be kind enough to provide some reference lap log files I'm sure a lot of people would be extremely grateful.

I'm currently working on getting respectable at Malaysia North Loop in the Magane so if anyone doing laps in 1.02-1.03 would care to upload it somewhere it would be much appreciated. By the same token if anyone really cares for a log of a 1.06ish lap I could provide something, but I'm not sure it's a good thing to look at!

Thanks,

Dom.

9. Zaz0

Zaz0 Registered

Thanks, first I´m going to reinstall MoteC and the plugin.

If the problem persist I´ll post it.

10. kart38

kart38 Registered

bigal, thanks for the tip! That is exactly where I found the ini file. I was able to edit it to save where all my other Motec files go and now all is good! Again, thank you Lazza for getting this plugin to us so quickly.

Jason

11. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

Must say i expected more from ISI when it came down to the hud and info. Its now just still the same info as rF1.
    Were probably 80% of the rF1 users used rFdynhud, XD or Motocadd, to get the extra info. So there is really a demand for it.
    Now we have to wait again for those tools te get updated again were imo ISI should have made it themself.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you check the channel list (on the right, normally) you should see temps listed for all 4 tyres; the default tyre temp graphs in Motec show 'Tyre Temp RL' and 'Tyre Temp FL' which aren't logged directly.

You can either go into the Maths section and create those channels by averaging the captured 'Inner', 'Centre', and 'Outer' data for each rear tyre, or you can just edit that particular graph's properties and add in the 3 channels per tyre so they're shown the same way as the fronts.

(and in case you're wondering, the left side tyres have a middle temperature called "Centre" but the right side tyres are labeled "Center" because that's what the default Motec graphs want to reference :p)

13. Domi

Domi Registered

I can't see any .ini file created, and I have UAC turned off... and no plugin sounds while going to track.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just wanna add my thanks for this plugin Lazza....so Thanks!

15. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

I also have this issues the plugin does not load for some reason, I have tested other plugins ( the head movement one and the testplugin example and both load fine) for some reason this motec one does not load, i get no icon and it does not create an .ini, other people I know have installed it in the same location as me and yet it works for them, I run windows 7 with UAC off. anyone got any ideas ?

16. MJP

MJP Registered

Another one with plugin not loading and no INI file creation. The RealHeadMotion plugin works fine and here's the start of my trace file :-

Code:
    TRACE LEVEL = 3
    tracelog.cpp  140: Command line: "+path=".." +hash=####HIDDEN#### trace=3"
    main.cpp      191: FPU=0x0009001f
    game.cpp     1648: Entered Game::Enter()
    osman.cpp     682: Entered OSMan::Enter()
    plrfile.cpp  2812: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
    plrfile.cpp  1977: Attempting to save to J:\rFactor 2\Data\UserData\player\player.TMP
    plrfile.cpp  2010: Retcode: 0 for renaming to J:\rFactor 2\Data\UserData\player\player.PLR
    hwinput.cpp  6831: Entered HWInput::Enter()
    hwinput.cpp  6832: HKL=0x08090809
    PluginManage   73: Could not load plugin Plugins\MotecPlugin.dll
    vidman.cpp   1532: Entered VidMan::Enter()
    specialfx.cp 3371: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
    dynman.cpp    710: Entered DynMan::Enter()
    sound.cpp    1336: Entered Sound::Enter()
    onscreen.cpp 3244: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
    game.cpp     1697: Entered Game::Setup()
    hwinput.cpp  6864: Entered HWInput::Setup()
    options.cpp  4595: Entered Options::Setup()
    O_AppObj.cpp 2709: Initiate options object creation
    O_OSC.cpp    2944: Entered Options_OSC_Reader::ReadOSC()

17. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

yeah i have no idea why it works for some an not others, 2 other i know have it working fine on win 7 64, kinda sad, as i have been using motec with race 07/evo and Rf1 for ages now, and I miss it, I actually use it during the physics setup stage when im doing the files etc for the mods that our modding crew does, i feel naked with out it, I hope a solution can be found soon

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well that's intriguing... I wonder why it would do that lol

I don't have much confidence of reproducing that, but hopefully I'll come across something or we'll spot a similarity in systems that don't run it... or something... sheesh :)

19. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

hi, please i really need some help here.

i never used motec befor and i looked in the internet for guides how to get it working, but the best i found was for rfactor1 and i couldnt really make something out of it. i want to see if i can gain something for my setup making with motec.

i need a quick and short write up what i need and what do with it. i know i need plugin and i need a motec version. do i need latest from motec site, pro or standard version? or older version? pro version isnt free?

then simply
    1. do this
    2 do that
    3 and then this

i dont want to bother anyone here with that, just make it short i you want i figure the rest out, if not i ask again :D

many thanks, looking forward to try out this motec thingy!

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Thank you, Lazza. I'm glad that you are getting this worked out for us all! Soon leagues will form around rF2 and Motec will be in high demand.

Is there any hope for RealTime Telemetry? I use live data when practicingto get fuel usage/tire wear etc info while on-track.