If you are experiencing a strong noise/rattle with your controller...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Juliano, Jan 11, 2012.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

That value is in your saved controller profile.ini

Setting it to a negative value reversed the FBB when I tried it. G27.

2. brr

brr Registered

In that case it might be a good idea to remove the setting from Controller.ini which explicitly says "canned rumble strip rumble".

3. GregP

GregP Registered

I'm using 4 on my CSR-E, with Steering Effects Strength turned down to 7000, and the jolts and shakes are much more manageable now.

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I don't know if anyone on the development team has used Evo or Race07 but Simbin seem to have perfected this FFB issue and you have adjustment for road vibration, engine and brake vibration, curb vibration all separately controlled. You don't need special physics on the track, you can just convert an old rF1 track and it works a treat. So my question is "is this the direction rF2 will be heading or will the track and grass and gravel need different physics to function properly"? I'm not saying that one or other is better or worse just asking the question.

5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

thanks ;)

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

From what I understand, Race07, while I do enjoy the FFB, they are canned effects. rF2 has no canned effects except for off-track.

I think the FFB in rF2 is fantastic and I hope they don't change a thing except for off-track.

7. hcrockso

hcrockso Registered

I agree with buddhatree, the FFB on track is awesome but as soon as off the track I just get the feeling my G27 is going to break.
    I'm afraid to play the game right now 'cause I'm worried for my wheel. So I put this game aside till it gets fixed. There should be some ffb options implemented to the game like environmental effects so we can reduce the ffb strength of the grass and gravel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  8. Marcel van der Linden

Marcel van der Linden Registered

i really dont know i read all kind of threads and looked at all the possibilities to set up my g27.

But nothing feels like rf1 when it comes on the "feel the grip" thing. i feel almost no resistance and also i dont feel the "back" of the car.

I know its beta but how can it be that there is so much of a diffrence about all the guys that posted here on this thread. While i think that the ffb of rf1 no one complained about it.

I really cant figure out the ffb. Thats why i dont want to play it. When i drive 100 laps then i hunger back to the ffb feeling of rf1.

9. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

driving a 1966 F1 on Spa it's ridicoulousy hard, and i think the force feedback play his major role.

When i go on grass with the megane, i can easily start spinning with a delicate push of the accelerator. this is strange.

10. Rowhider

Rowhider Registered

Yesterday i've played with my G27 with a frame filter fixed to 16 and a torque mutliplier of 1.0 instead of 1.5 when driving on grass bumps.
    I think it's good for cars like the Megane but maybe too soft for an open-wheels.

11. Heretic_NZ

Heretic_NZ Registered

Hey all, Im a noobie to this forum and would like your guys ideas on a wheel issue that I have, I use a Logitech Driving Force Pro. I also used realfeel plugin in rf1, my main issue is that when sitting still with the engine going my wheel rattles from side to side (actually partial turns then goes back the other way) and is quite loud so I have to hold it to stop it from doing it and being so loud Doh. Will the above mentioned FFB setting help with this???

Thanks guys.

12. kopytek

kopytek Registered

I have the same wheel.
    Had the same problem when put my FFB strenght to 150% in logitech profiler (it felt too weak for me...)- you can still check other options, as I didnt go into details (there are three settings to change, I put all three to 150% ( i think the other one is something like damper effect and spring something effect). But as i say, didnt go into details.

had to turn all three down to 120%

13. Boyd

Boyd Registered

The side to side shimmy while standing still is as a result of strong centering forces. Turnng down any of the FFB settings helps in that regard, like the Multiplier or the Steering effects strength.
    There is also a Steering Torque Zero-speed multiplier which I believe might help, I haven't adjusted it yet since the other reductions removed the side to side motion while standing still.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
  14. Heretic_NZ

Heretic_NZ Registered

Sweet thanks guys, will try those suggestions. Dont wont to loose the feel of the wheel whilst racing as its all good just the side to side motion is too much. But ill try these to get rid of it. Thanks all

15. sigmatc24

sigmatc24 Registered

I'm just an average simracer but what you said really pleased me because i find the gravel trap FFB and FFB over curbs is just annoying and drives me mad. the wheel is shaking like mad and the noise is unbearable. PLEASE ISI WORK ON THAT. Thanks for the steering torque tip tho

Don't get me wrong, rfactor2 FFB is extremely good. congratulations for that. but this issue is sincerely annoying and I'm afraid it will affect the durability of the wheel :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  16. kopytek

kopytek Registered

but doesn't the fix solve the annoying noise?
    it completely eliminated it for me... now it sounds the same as other games (nfs, f1 2011 etc).

so I don't get how you can complain after the fix. Maybe set it to a higher value?

I know what it was initially= all my house mates came to me checking what's that horrible noise...
    but after the fix. It is normal

17. Wawotsch

Wawotsch Registered

18. Tiger

Tiger Registered

you just point at the right thing there!
    I set this setting at 0.6, and the rattle noise is a lot lower, I can still feel the rumblestrip effect well!
    with 4 on the torque filter.

19. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

That doesn't make sense. The rumblestrips in the game are geometry based and not canned.

By default it's set to 0.0 (disables rumblestrip) because there are no canned effects on the rumblestrips.

Changing that setting should have no effect.

And if they were canned. I don't see how increasing it would lower the rattle?

20. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Nope,there's something not quite right with the FFB or it's the way G25/27 is designed.

The 'fault' for me is in the center,which is why it could be the design fault.
    Spa in the 60's F2,going down any straight and it 'knocks'.
    No way should it knock going in a straight line.

Personally I think the G25/7 is a design flaw or at best a software fault.
    All the give and take of the 2 motors fighting/not fighting each other in the center.
    It's just plain wrong.

Does anyone with a belt driven wheel get the 'knocks' while going in a straight line at Spa?

Are people still using 0 for centering/damper in the logitech profiler?