Problems with hosting rFactor 2 server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by maatriks, Jan 11, 2012.

1. maatriks

maatriks Registered

Hello, we have tried to troubleshoot it ourselves, but nothing seems to work, so here's the description:

We have the same setup as we had for rFactor, Windows running in virtual machine over Linux, ports are forwarded (we know this, because rFactor 1 servers work correctly) and everything should be a go, but something is still wrong.

We have forwarded these ports (UDP and TDP)
    WAN Query Port="44297"
    WAN Join Port="54297"
    LAN Query Port="44297"
    LAN Join Port="54297"
    Matchmaker 443

Now we are in position where server shows up in matchmaker but when trying to connect it says "Server connection failed"

Server name is "F1CEL Test Server"

Are there any other ports we should forward? People who have their servers up and running, did you encounter similar problems and if, then how did you solve it.

Thank you.

2. Aloko

Aloko Registered

I had to manually allow rFactor2.exe and rFactor2dedicated.exe in the windows firewall.

3. Nirgal

Nirgal Registered

I see in netstat that it's as always (rF1) using "Join port" + 50 so U should also forward 54347 in this config.

in my config
    WAN Query Port="10000"
    WAN Join Port="10100"
    LAN Query Port="10000"
    LAN Join Port="10100"

serwer is using: 10000, 10100 and 10150.

1 person likes this.
  4. maatriks

maatriks Registered

Thank you Nirgal, that did the trick.

5. Guilherme Faustini

Guilherme Faustini Registered

thank you !!! That worked like a charm !!

6. UFAModding

UFAModding Registered

Tried all the fixes posted here and nothing works. My firewall is allowing it so I am stumped........plz help :p

7. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

i helped my friend get his going today..
    it was because he was behind a router, he had to go into his router config, and enable the DMZ
    it worked after doing that.. but remember when not hosting, to disable the DMZ back.

8. UFAModding

UFAModding Registered

No this did not work :( Teamspeak was also intermittently working with DMZ enabled.......back to square 1. Thanks for the reply tho slimjim.

9. Eternum

Eternum Registered

I tried to create two dedicated with different ports, I checked firewall, but the list server does not see They both servers. when I refresh the list once you see one, and once the other.

10. Fergy

Fergy Registered

I find it strange that when you start a Host windows 7 asks you if you would like to allow rfactor 2 through your firewall, I say yes and when I host nobody can join??
    What are the official ports TCP and UDP I need to forward seeing as it will not allow people through?

I see at the top of the page:

WAN Query Port="44297"
    WAN Join Port="54297"
    LAN Query Port="44297"
    LAN Join Port="54297"
    Matchmaker 443

but this makes no sense to me as far as TCP and UDP.

Any help appreciated.

11. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I think you are missign a port in your list, this is mine and people can now join:

I opened them for both TCP and UDP, and forwarded them to the internal LAN IP address of my server machine.

12. UFAModding

UFAModding Registered

That worked for me thank you blue :)

13. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Youre welcome...

Something like this needs to be stickied if it is the fix ;)

14. Kalle Lints

Kalle Lints Registered

ISI should write down exactly how this is working. Right now we just guessing. Its all working right now but we dont know exactly so i hope some one write down example for us. I also opened both ports in my NAT but i dont want open ports that i really dont use so right now i know that 443 is no need to open. 54297 is UDP and 54347 is TCP. Have no idea is 44297 UDP or TCP or both. So i opened both.

15. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Thanks for the point in the right direction blueone, works fine now and yes it should be a sticky imo:)

16. Fergy

Fergy Registered

This is how my ports read now:

rf2 44297 TCP/UDP
    rf2 54297 TCP/UDP
    rf2 54397 TCP/UDP
    Matchmaker 443 TCP/UDP

Works fine.

17. LeZaz

LeZaz Registered

Sorry for my ignorance, but where do you find and where do you create those ports and values.

I've been desperate to open a dedicated for my friends.

LeZaz

18. Tripp

Tripp Registered

First you must get in to your router that you do in a window what ip you shall use depend on what router you have
    http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-Port-Forwarding-on-a-Router
    or google your modem netgear open ports for example
    next step to now what ports you must open i use cports http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
    i start my dedicated server and then start cports and look what ports my dedicated server use then i add that ports into my router.

If people that wanna host server dedicated or in the game and not need to have a router it is easier just allow the exe in the firewall

Is your isp company allow you to use a switch instead of a router it is better just have a good firewall software in your pc becuse use a swithc yoiu not need open up any ports to host games.

So contact your isp company and ask how many ip you get from them if they say 10 ip you can have 10 pc connect true a switch and not need this struggle to open ports on a router if they say 1 ip only then you are stucked to use a router.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  19. Scott Wilde

Scott Wilde Registered

I seem to remember this was always a problem with rFactor 1. Don't get me wrong rFactor 2 is simply awesome and tbh I think will crush iRacing due to the much better value for money but I thought they might have fixed this problem now as still people have issues with this. Other games are far easier to host than rFactor.

20. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

Can someone tell me why I can join an online game no problem create a server and see it on the server list ,but can't join it .I have opened all the ports recommended on my router ,done everything recommended on all these forums and still no joy. I too had issues in rfactor but I would of thought they would of rectified how hard it is to get a uniformed experience for everyone. It does seem that some people are getting in ok and some are'nt even after following the same instructions .

This is getting frustrating as I have opened all the ports / firewall settings I can and still nothing , cannot join server but I can still see it online .....................PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP FROM ISI ADMIN