Some changes that may help G25/G27 rattling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

EDIT*

Ok I found the settings that are just about perfect for my G27. Your mileage may vary.

Saved Controller Profile and Controller.ini:
    Steering effects strength = 7000
    Steering torque filter = 8
    Jolt magnitude = 1.00000

In-game:
    FFB = 1.0

Profiler:
    Overall Effects = 100%
    Spring Effect = 5%
    Damper Effect = 10%
    Center Spring = 0% (box checked)
    Degrees of Rotation = 900
    Allow Game to Adjust Settings = box checked

By lowering the steering effects strength, but raising the in-game FFB, you still get all the feeling of the road, but the curbs and off-track are now acceptable. At least for me they are.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  2. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Great, one of my biggest concern at the moment.. was worried that the nuts and bolts would just pop out of the steering anytime..

3. marto

marto Registered

thanks mate

4. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Testing this now...

Edit: I just tried this and it does help. I used:

Steering effects strength = 5000
    Steering torque filter = 4

I also increased the damping in my G25 controller properties from 0 to 15.

Note: I also have my centering spring set to 80 as I like a bit of centering force, but I don't think it's needed.

More work will be done in this area, no doubt, but this might help some folks as a short term alternative...

5. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

didnt help here...still rattles bad...in case theres something else could you upload your ini files please? :rolleyes:

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I've noticed that the lower you set the steering effects strength, the higher you (I) have to set my FBB in-game to compensate for a loss of "feel".

@ Jim Beam: Try lowering it even more. It doesn't get rid of the rattles, it just makes them less violent.

I'm going to lower jolt magnitude next and see if that helps even more.

7. Michael Juliano

Watch out for placebo effect. Make sure you test it a few times to be sure you're feeling a true difference :)

8. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Exactly this does not fix the issue it simply reduces overall strength of everything , you will see that any changes that reduce the rattle significantly also reduce general FFB resolution.

You can fiddel around with it to the piont that it feels like you are getting general FFB and much less rattel but you will notice that this comprises the quality of the original road FFB that's core to the driving exsperance.

The rattling needs to be reduced whilst maintaining full FFB strength and resolution .

9. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

yep exactly...hope this goes somewhere close to the top of the list of the "to be fixed quick" pile lol

10. Michael Juliano

Yeah, it seems to be our most talked about issue at the moment...

11. mr fox

mr fox Registered

All good, this is why it is a open beta. I hope people don't demand fixes in 24 hours.

Im much more interested in the weather model...does that make me wierd?

12. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

With a G25 I have the same problems. And more will I have with the wife and neighbors if they do not fix it. Touch to adjust parameters to find the solution. Today'll try the advice given and will report impressions.

Indicate that drivers should use, if there are differences in them.

13. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

I run an ARC_Team G25-E and the rattle is pretty fierce lol. But the FFB is going to be amazing once its been 'polished' ;)

14. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

tried the above settings..... all it really did was just lower the overall FFB strength, by the time I had increased the ratio it was much the same

15. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

what about driving force GT

Hey Guys,
    is there any advice to get this problem sorted out with a DFGT?
    It rattles super violently with curbs and off track, but i feel nearly no other FFB. especially when the car oversteers i feel nearly nothing...
    has anyone set up a DFGT to his satisfaction and can post his settings? i fiddled with the logitech profiler settings and with the internal RF setting with no good results. i'm having no fun at all at the moment...

16. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

Join the club! G27-E and I am literally afraid for the gears inside my wheel! Can't run it until something is done about it.

17. theother5

theother5 Registered

Not swimming against the tide here to be a PITA but I have no issues with the feedback on my G25 from my initial testing this morning. Frankly, my first impressions were that this is not terrible at all although I have yet to try playing around with any settings.

For sure it gets some vibrations going and I guess that being in my basement, it does not make much difference to me. For those in the living room, I get the complaint.

ISI, if this is worked on, please add range and option for lesser force or whatever but please do not take anything away.

18. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

I was lucky enough to have an earlier build and this issue was not happening then, infact the FFB was sublime, but after a re-install due to some hardware issues, the 'serious rattling' began?

Its very early days though guys, this is what Beta testing is all about, Im sure the guys at ISI are gonna look at this soon and for now, we will just have to make sure we stay on track (isnt that the idea anyway lol)

19. Boyd

Boyd Registered

Over and above the rather violent G25 FFB, I also experienced strange behaviour while the car is stationary, namely that the wheel shakes left to right continuously, even the wheels are moving, but the car is not moving at all.

I haven't done enough testing and tweaking yet to see if this is a G25 driver or FFB Strength issue (I can't imagine it is), but has anyone else experienced this rather odd behaviour while the car is standing still?

Just as a note, the FR35 around Monaco is undrivable to the extent that my hands were actually hurting after a few laps of trying to literally just hang on to the wheel ... I'm sure all of these issues will eventually be resolved, I just thought I'd mention it.

20. Maddmatt

Maddmatt Registered

Then it's probably just a little bug, that's a good sign, means it's probably not some major fundamental issue with the FFB system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.